Facial Hair policy - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Facial Hair policy

Ignore the Troll trying to stir up something.

Using someone else's name is a TOS violation and should get him banned.

Re: Facial Hair policy

Quote Originally Posted by WRONG
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mercurio
    If you work at Sarasota County S/O and show up to work with facial hair, I, being Specialty Lieutenant of Internal Affairs will see to it that you are suspended, demoted, wrongfully terminated, whatever the case. It is unprofessional, makes all of us look bad and I personally do not like it. I doubt FHP would allow you all to grow facial hair being the Highway Patrol. We have strict policies and those that violate will pay dearly!

Stand back everyone! IA guy with a hard on coming through!

Obviously someone who has no idea. Mike Mercurio is an IA Investigator. A Lieutenant at that. The SSO has no Specialty Lieutenants dumb arse. By Statute Lieutenants and above are appointed by the Sheriff and are not traditionally required to test unless the Sheriff of that county dictates it be so. Sergeant and below are career service. For a Sheriff's Office to have a Gotee I think it is fine in certain divisions detectives,agriculture,School resource,marine not Traffic and Patrol. The Northern Florida Sheriffs allow their deputies to do it if they contribute 15.00 a month to the United Way charity. Kinda of a cool morale thing.

I read an article that does have merit on presence of the uniform.http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=112003

A great article I thought. While I wish our uniforms were all embroidered and the standard shiny shoes and brass were for court. Their is still something to be said for command presence looking sharp, high and tight.

Given the history of the Patrol and our current Sheriff. I do not forsee that policy enacting anytime in the near future

SSO DOES have Specialty Lieutenant and that is Mike Mercurio, the poster. He is the only Specialty LT in the whole agency - never passed a written Sergeant or LT's test and was promoted thru I/A under the old Sheriff to that Specialty position. If he leaves, transfers, is kicked out, then he loses his "SPECIALTY" status. There are a couple of Sergeant's that are also of the "SPECIALTY" rank. Two of them are in internal affairs. There use to be more that were "SPECIALTY" under the old Sheriff (Balkwill) but Sheriff Knight has eliminated several of those positions.

Word has it Mercurio will be "SPECIALTY" Captain. Now, that would be appointed by the Sheriff BUT when you consider Mercurio NEVER earned rank by the proper method, it is still technically a "SPECIALTY" position.

Your such an idiot dummy. Their is no such thing as a Specialty Lieutenant. Read your stautues for Sheriffs under chapter 19. Anything above the Rank of Sgt is appointed by the Sheriff and not subject to career service boards. That is why most people try to make LT towards the end of their career in the event a new Sheriff comes in and they are out of a job. Better yet... Hey heres one go ask the Sheriff. Besides if the guy isnt in uniform. Who cares. Does it really matter? I think not hes a detective in a suit big deal....Obviously your jeleous heres one stay out of IA looser...

Now get off this site and click on SSO. The moron cant even read

bigguns

Facial hair

Facial hair on a State Trooper looks and is totally unprofessional. I was proud wear that uniform and to this day, I am still clean shaven with exception of a mustache that I trim at the corners of my mouth.

Unregistered
    A beard doesn’t make you unprofessional. It’s because of people like you that FHP is not a progressive agency. This is not 1939, the world has moved on and maybe you should too.

Jesus

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by bigguns View Post
    Facial hair on a State Trooper looks and is totally unprofessional. I was proud wear that uniform and to this day, I am still clean shaven with exception of a mustache that I trim at the corners of my mouth.
    Thanks old timer from going to page 1000 to bring this tread from 7 years ago. Can you now go and play Bingo? Thanks

Unregistered
    News flash! FHP now also hires people from other races too.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Thanks old timer from going to page 1000 to bring this tread from 7 years ago. Can you now go and play Bingo? Thanks
    Baaahahaha! I got some Dapper Dan ready!

Unregistered
    CIU Miami lets you grow beard

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1713198
    DO NOT change the policy. Facial hair looks extremely unprofessional. Look at other states policies... You DO NOT see State Troopers with facial hair.

Increasing morale? Bull$hit. Increasing laziness, you bet your ass.
    Ok boomer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    ok boomer.
    sooner!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast