PTSD article in Herald
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

PTSD article in Herald

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...236647813.html

Pretty good article. After a career here, and all the nasty things I’ve seen or investigated, I’m surprised I’m not more screwed up. It makes me wonder though... can you get PTSD just from constant exposure to poor supervisors/administration? I kid you not, the only thing I worry about when I come to work is being subjected to more arrogant/condescending/micromanagement by people who don’t have a clue. THATs what depresses me and makes me sit on the edge of the bed for 10 minutes when I wake up.

Unregistered
    You sound like a millennial snowflake.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You sound like a millennial snowflake.
    I wish lol. And if you don’t get what I’m sayin’ then you havn’t really done this job. Come back when you know a little something.

Unregistered
    I wish lol. And if you don’t get what I’m sayin’ then you havn’t really done this job. Come back when you know a little something.
    He’s assigned to the PBA. Stahl likes to use the world snowflake

Unregistered
    Yes, of course. I’m the President of the United States. Estupido!

Unregistered
    Stahl derangement syndrome raising its head again

Unregistered
    Buddy, you need help. This infatuation with Stahl is pathetic. Go phone a friend.

Unregistered
    To the original poster, thank you for a reasonable post and not the crap that followed. Mental health in our profession is something we’ve neglected for a long time. The days of just drinking with the squad are long gone and only lead down a bad path. If you feel you need to reach out then do so. While I’m not ready to go public I can assure you the process works. I’ve sought treatment for over a year and none of my brass knows at least not that I can tell. I haven’t been messed with, kept from working schools or OT, or anything negative. Mine was just an accumulation of events that just piled on and lead me to seek help. Don’t mess up your career or your family by self medicating or destructive behavior. Get the help and carry on.

Unregistered
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...236647813.html

Pretty good article. After a career here, and all the nasty things I’ve seen or investigated, I’m surprised I’m not more screwed up. It makes me wonder though... can you get PTSD just from constant exposure to poor supervisors/administration? I kid you not, the only thing I worry about when I come to work is being subjected to more arrogant/condescending/micromanagement by people who don’t have a clue. THATs what depresses me and makes me sit on the edge of the bed for 10 minutes when I wake up.
    That was one of my issues. I had to leave a unit after I got into with the clique that took over. When I went to a new unit I was constantly looking over my shoulder worried I was going to piss someone off and get transferred. I would drive home and think of everything that I did/said and worry what I could get in trouble for. Sounds crazy but yeah. It’s what started me down my path. And I was one of the most competent investigators in the unit lol and here I am worried about getting booted. I’ve never been in some crazy shooting or anything but after 20+ years the deaths, the despair, etc takes a toll. Talking helps. To a friend, spouse, or a professional. Just don’t keep it locked up inside until it ruins your life.

PS please let’s keep the union and other crap off this thread. This is a very serious topic and I don’t want someone who needs help to read this and feel like they will be made fun of or something. It took me several years to seek help and my life is so much better. I’m a better spouse and parent to my kids.

Unregistered
    To the original poster, thank you for a reasonable post and not the crap that followed. Mental health in our profession is something we’ve neglected for a long time. The days of just drinking with the squad are long gone and only lead down a bad path. If you feel you need to reach out then do so. While I’m not ready to go public I can assure you the process works. I’ve sought treatment for over a year and none of my brass knows at least not that I can tell. I haven’t been messed with, kept from working schools or OT, or anything negative. Mine was just an accumulation of events that just piled on and lead me to seek help. Don’t mess up your career or your family by self medicating or destructive behavior. Get the help and carry on.
    Stay strong brother, I for one am proud of you for fighting the demons. Some of us are well aware of the issues and are here for you. May God bless you and keep you safe and strong.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast