Ex-MSD Deputy Scot Peterson Arrested on Child Neglect, Negligence Charges - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Unfortunately Peterson just may be being used and charged just to put another nail in Israels coffin. Dont you think its kind of coincidence that all this breaks just before Israels hearing in Tallahassee this month? Just an idea! Wont be surprised if all charges dismissed at initial hearing after Israels shot down in Tally?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is really really sad! Why hasn't anyone insisted on arresting "Captains", Lieutenants, Majors, Detectives, etc. that were on that scene who did "NOTHING"!!!!!!!!.. You freak-in cowards know who I am talking about.....I do not agree with how Peterson handled this situation, but he shouldn't be made a scape goat when so many others were at fault also.........
    Totally agree. Its evident that people or more angry with Peterson than the actual shooter. It's as if Peterson committed this tragic crime. It's a disgusting shame that the Sheriff is using this arrest as a political move to garnish votes. Pure disgust!!!

Unregistered
    I'm sorry but most if the Dep.'s I have worked with would have charged in. Policy or not. Yes Israel stacked the deck against us but a real Cop is going to jump in. Its not 2 gangbangers shooting each other. They were unarmed kids.
    And yes I have been in situations where I got in more trouble for charging in rather than standby for backup. Its either in your DNA or its not. If you would have done the same thing as Peterson you need to retire or find another career.

Unregistered
    Peterson will be exonerated but will live the rest of his life with a "Scarlet letter" because of his inaction.

Unregistered
    Unfortunately Peterson just may be being used and charged just to put another nail in Israels coffin. Dont you think its kind of coincidence that all this breaks just before Israels hearing in Tallahassee this month? Just an idea! Wont be surprised if all charges dismissed at initial hearing after Israels shot down in Tally?
    You have to be kidding right? Israel threw down on Peterson and protected his staff that really should have been arrested for "Failure of Leadership"... Former Captains, Majors, etc. especially JJ and NO!!! Remember, what goes around comes around twice as hard....

Unregistered
    I'm sorry but most if the Dep.'s I have worked with would have charged in. Policy or not. Yes Israel stacked the deck against us but a real Cop is going to jump in. Its not 2 gangbangers shooting each other. They were unarmed kids.
    And yes I have been in situations where I got in more trouble for charging in rather than standby for backup. Its either in your DNA or its not. If you would have done the same thing as Peterson you need to retire or find another career.
    I would not have done the same as Peterson....I would have definately gone in. I think if the same question was posed to Peterson before the shooting he'd say he would go in also but when this happened his brain went into overload and he freaked out. There are people in the military that freak out also when the chips fall. Are they cowards? Perhaps they are but for what ever reason they overload and freeze up. I think with Peterson he was a SRO for 95% of his career and I'm sure in his wildest dream never thought he8be involved in a shooting, especially in Parkland.
    But, this an obvious political move by this new sheriff....strictly political. The charges are a farce for votes....plain and simple.

Unregistered
    All of the reports are stating that Peterson was also fired today. How can the Sheriff's Office fire someone who retired 16 months ago?

CNN: Peterson retired after the February 2018 massacre at the Parkland, Florida, high school that left 17 people dead, and is collecting a pension. He was fired Tuesday at a disciplinary hearing by new Sheriff Gregory Tony.

Miami Herald: Peterson, who retired from the force shortly after the shooting, was also fired by BSO.

NBCNews: Peterson, who was fired Tuesday from the Broward County Sheriff's Office, said during a June 2018 interview with NBC's "Today" that he did not go into the building because of miscommunication.

Channel 10: Tony also fired Peterson, along with Sgt. Brian Miller. Both were found to have neglected their duties last Valentine's Day.

Unregistered
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah

Unregistered
    All of the reports are stating that Peterson was also fired today. How can the Sheriff's Office fire someone who retired 16 months ago?

CNN: Peterson retired after the February 2018 massacre at the Parkland, Florida, high school that left 17 people dead, and is collecting a pension. He was fired Tuesday at a disciplinary hearing by new Sheriff Gregory Tony.

Miami Herald: Peterson, who retired from the force shortly after the shooting, was also fired by BSO.

NBCNews: Peterson, who was fired Tuesday from the Broward County Sheriff's Office, said during a June 2018 interview with NBC's "Today" that he did not go into the building because of miscommunication.

Channel 10: Tony also fired Peterson, along with Sgt. Brian Miller. Both were found to have neglected their duties last Valentine's Day.
    Don't you still get your pension even if you are fired, especially since Peterson was collecting it??? I think Peterson did the best he could do under the circumstances without any leadership!!! I am not taking his side and I don't agree Peterson is right, but I think since Peterson was arrested, I know that a lot of other brass/uniforms should have been terminated and arrested...Just my opinion...

Unregistered
    Don't you still get your pension even if you are fired, especially since Peterson was collecting it??? I think Peterson did the best he could do under the circumstances without any leadership!!! I am not taking his side and I don't agree Peterson is right, but I think since Peterson was arrested, I know that a lot of other brass/uniforms should have been terminated and arrested...Just my opinion...
    No you do not receive your pension IF you committed a felony while you did work. For example, you retire and start collecting your pension but its discovered you had sex with a goat while you working. If convicted, your pension would be forfeited, which would be baaaaaa baaaaad!

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast