Hiring Process - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Process

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I really wish I was joking but the recruiter literally told me they have 600 applicants, she acted very arrogant and snobby about being picky on who they want to hire. But hey, HCSO can do whatever they want.
    600 applicants isn’t really that many. I’m also processing with the NY State Police and I know over 25,000 people took the test. I was contacted by my recruiter there that said they over 10,000 will start the process with a recruiter. From that pool, they plan on hiring 500. I like the idea of working in Florida but New York State pays $56K a year during the academy and after a year a Trooper is making $80K a year without any overtime. Maybe HCSO recruiters need to step off the high horse. HCSO May be good but they ain’t the “best of the best”.

Unregistered
    600 applicants isn’t really that many. I’m also processing with the NY State Police and I know over 25,000 people took the test. I was contacted by my recruiter there that said they over 10,000 will start the process with a recruiter. From that pool, they plan on hiring 500. I like the idea of working in Florida but New York State pays $56K a year during the academy and after a year a Trooper is making $80K a year without any overtime. Maybe HCSO recruiters need to step off the high horse. HCSO May be good but they ain’t the “best of the best”.

Go work for the Tampa Police Department if you can. No high horse, better pay than HCSO, and a career of paying no state taxes or social security!

Unregistered
    With that attitude and backward thought process, you aren’t cut out for HCSO. You aren’t up to snuff to be part of the elite, part of the top professional law enforcement agency in the country. Maybe one day you’ll grow up and be worthy of consideration. Until then, STFU.

Unregistered
    With that attitude and backward thought process, you aren’t cut out for HCSO. You aren’t up to snuff to be part of the elite, part of the top professional law enforcement agency in the country. Maybe one day you’ll grow up and be worthy of consideration. Until then, STFU.
    What attitude is that? Indicating that there are agencies that draw 20 times the applicants and pay double what HCSO pays and has a 20 year retirement plan? Please tell, what’s the backward thinking part? Maybe it’s their background investigators actually communicate with the candidates? Please enlighten me. I’m all ears.

Unregistered
    Ignore the person making all the comments about HCSO being elite. This is not a pro- or anti-HCSO message. This poster is a civilian troll who has nothing better to do than to post over-the-top pro-agency messages because he or she thinks it upsets those of us who post here. Unfortunately, people keep engaging this person rather than just ignoring the behavior.

Most law enforcement agencies at any level of government have ridiculously long wait times and very poor communication during the hiring process for absolutely no good reason. If you were applying to be a Fed you could literally be in the hiring process for years with a year or more between messages from your recruiter. The only fact about government hiring is no news is good news. If you haven't been told to kick rocks, you're still in the process and that's about all the information you'll get. Best of luck on all your applications.

Unregistered
    Ignore the person making all the comments about HCSO being elite. This is not a pro- or anti-HCSO message. This poster is a civilian troll who has nothing better to do than to post over-the-top pro-agency messages because he or she thinks it upsets those of us who post here. Unfortunately, people keep engaging this person rather than just ignoring the behavior.

Most law enforcement agencies at any level of government have ridiculously long wait times and very poor communication during the hiring process for absolutely no good reason. If you were applying to be a Fed you could literally be in the hiring process for years with a year or more between messages from your recruiter. The only fact about government hiring is no news is good news. If you haven't been told to kick rocks, you're still in the process and that's about all the information you'll get. Best of luck on all your applications.
    Wrong. HCSO will randomly kick an applicant's file into the trash bin, or their program will automatically kick applicants based on their formula without a recruiter ever looking at the file. When this happens there is no call or notification to the applicant. They just sit and wonder why they haven't heard anything until they eventually call and get a scripted response. This includes seemingly excellent candidates referred by current HCSO employees, so there is no loyalty here and no desire for current employees like myself to refer people here any longer. I've referred great friends of mine with excellent backgrounds for them to be flushed for no reason. I assume they weren't diverse or gay enough to work here now.

Unregistered
    Wrong. HCSO will randomly kick an applicant's file into the trash bin, or their program will automatically kick applicants based on their formula without a recruiter ever looking at the file. When this happens there is no call or notification to the applicant. They just sit and wonder why they haven't heard anything until they eventually call and get a scripted response. This includes seemingly excellent candidates referred by current HCSO employees, so there is no loyalty here and no desire for current employees like myself to refer people here any longer. I've referred great friends of mine with excellent backgrounds for them to be flushed for no reason. I assume they weren't diverse or gay enough to work here now.
    Correct: they didn’t fit the new LBGQT formula!! HCSO sucks! Don’t wast your time! There not loyal and don’t care! Do yourself a favor and go work for a Fortune 500 company! Not that they’ll care about you either, but you’ll make allot more money! Volunteer your time to fulfill any “wanting to serve the public feelings!” Trust me you’ll be happier in the long run👍🏼

Unregistered

I’ve been assigned to a recruiter for over two months but still haven’t been contacted by the recruiter or anyone else. They have a lot of recruiting events but don’t seem to have much of a follow through.

Unregistered
    I’ve been assigned to a recruiter for over two months but still haven’t been contacted by the recruiter or anyone else. They have a lot of recruiting events but don’t seem to have much of a follow through.
    Get used to that.
    That is the epitome of this agency.
    Events, shows, TV, media, social media, meetings, seminars, everything but our core functions. Unless you are on patrol.

Unregistered
    Spending 10 minutes reading this board. Go elsewhere

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast