Questions about employment at HCSO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Questions about employment at HCSO

Has anyone who was already trained and certified at a police academy had to redo the academy for HCSO?

Unregistered
    You no longer have to redo the academy if hired by HCSO. You had to in years past, but that has changed. If you are already state certified, you can be hired with no additional academy requirements.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You no longer have to redo the academy if hired by HCSO. You had to in years past, but that has changed. If you are already state certified, you can be hired with no additional academy requirements.
    I did not know that. So the only requirements I have do to are the 2-week Sheriff's Orientation Training (S.O.T.) and 10-week module training?

Unregistered
    I did not know that. So the only requirements I have do to are the 2-week Sheriff's Orientation Training (S.O.T.) and 10-week module training?
    Yes, if they decide to hire you. You still have to pass background, physical, polygraph, etc.

Unregistered
    S.O.T. is history. You don't have to do that anymore. You do have to participate in a training program similar to it, but it's not a residential program anymore. Call a HCSO recruiter for specifics.

Unregistered
    I normally post about all the BS with the hiring standards and the fake military academy we used to have, and so on, but they seem to be getting it right now. Undoing the SHIIT Gee, Docobo, and Prev started... SOT gone! Good! Waste of time and money. Also, during that era, a long time FTO, all I saw was broken recruits that were never built back up. All scared to make a decision and paranoid. Thats when the influx of two year new deputy resignations started. They were burned out before cut loose. Now detention does not have to resign to go to patrol like it used to be. Precerts don't have to start from the beginning and do an entire academy all over again because of Docobo’s big fat ego. Hiring standards are way more logical now. Tattoo policy and so on... Better hiring and academy process. That old Gee And Docobo academy garbage have people still angry to this day. Im glad they are gone.

Next up is address how short and miserable patrol is, but that is for another thread. Hopefully the hiring and academy process fixes this.

Unregistered

Question

I don't really see this information on the HCSO website, can you provide a link?

Unregistered
    I normally post about all the BS with the hiring standards and the fake military academy we used to have, and so on, but they seem to be getting it right now. Undoing the SHIIT Gee, Docobo, and Prev started... SOT gone! Good! Waste of time and money. Also, during that era, a long time FTO, all I saw was broken recruits that were never built back up. All scared to make a decision and paranoid. Thats when the influx of two year new deputy resignations started. They were burned out before cut loose. Now detention does not have to resign to go to patrol like it used to be. Precerts don't have to start from the beginning and do an entire academy all over again because of Docobo’s big fat ego. Hiring standards are way more logical now. Tattoo policy and so on... Better hiring and academy process. That old Gee And Docobo academy garbage have people still angry to this day. Im glad they are gone.

Next up is address how short and miserable patrol is, but that is for another thread. Hopefully the hiring and academy process fixes this.
    Stay on topic, yet another opportunity for you to *****. Patrol is so miserable?? Well give us some ideas on how to fix it, not just come on here and *****. Solutions ?? Got any?

Unregistered
    I don't really see this information on the HCSO website, can you provide a link?
    Your question was answered. Apply if you want to. No one on here is interested in being your ***** and providing you with links. Effen Millennials.

Unregistered

If this place is so screwed up why do you stay? Secondly what is your solution ??
    Don’t have on then shit up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast