Employment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Employment

Unregistered

Employment

Hi all after you apply what are the hiring steps? Are these steps spaced apart or done pretty quickly? Thanks

Unregistered
    All of the steps and the entire explanation of the hiring process can be found at http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/Careers-Home.aspx

I suggest to explore the website it has a ton of information.

The process can vary in length, I applied July 31 and finished all of the steps Jan 24.

I have talked to people who applied in December and start work in as little as four months. Don’t quote me on that though “mileage may vary”.

Unregistered
    It definitely varies. I applied, went through all steps, and was told I was hired all within 6 weeks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It definitely varies. I applied, went through all steps, and was told I was hired all within 6 weeks.
    Yes, it varies. This person who was told they were hired in 6 weeks is "diverse."

Unregistered
    Yes, it varies. This person who was told they were hired in 6 weeks is "diverse."
    Wrong, I'm as "non-diverse" as it gets. Nice try, though.

Unregistered
    6 weeks, you most have been a highly desirable candidate. Were you hired recently? I am looking to apply soon and am wondering about the process and my chances of getting hired, maybe you can give some insight on how the hiring process went for you. Thanks

Unregistered
    Have fun on that Rat 🐀 ship!

Unregistered
    Hi all after you apply what are the hiring steps? Are these steps spaced apart or done pretty quickly? Thanks
    Hey OP, please refer to the HCSO website or call recruitment and screening for info. This site is not for questions like this. You have no idea the anger and depth behind the content on thIs site. I am one of the people here that post “negative comments” according to the KoolAid drinker robots, so my advice to you will come from a jaded cynical view. We come here to expose issues like being short staffed and so on. We have no where to turn and no one to help us, so that is what this site is for. Not basic Q and A. You have all the resources you need. On this site, you will be told by the KoolAid drinkers that we are the best of the best of the best and that you will be a hero. You will be lured by the money, gun, car, and shinny material thing. The ones that have been here long enough to see the scam and are tired of being expendable worthless pawns will tell you different. Last place you should ask is here. If you are hired, you will phase through the KoolAid portion of your career. However, one day, you will awaken and may end up quitting for a real career, or stuck and right back here on this site. My only advice to you is to have a back up plan, put family first, and beware of the material things. This career starts fast with good pay but grows stale quick with little progress or scraps of progress that appears like progress but is not. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Wrong, I'm as "non-diverse" as it gets. Nice try, though.
    Well look at what we got here. We hooked a John Smith. Seems ready to give his identity and everything he has for this agency. That will look real good to his recruiter. Too bad John Smith’s don't make it anywhere here unless you are well connected with your path laid out for you. If you were, you would not have come here to ask us questions. Enjoy your first 5 years on the job. Hope will hold you over. Hope to progress to a better assignment than the misery patrol is. Once it goes stale, you start seeing things that bother you, and you awaken, you will lose hope and be stuck. Good luck Mr. Not Diverse. Hahahahahah! Have a back up plan and hold on real tight to your identity because its all you will have left after you burn out.

Unregistered
    Well look at what we got here. We hooked a John Smith. Seems ready to give his identity and everything he has for this agency. That will look real good to his recruiter. Too bad John Smith’s don't make it anywhere here unless you are well connected with your path laid out for you. If you were, you would not have come here to ask us questions. Enjoy your first 5 years on the job. Hope will hold you over. Hope to progress to a better assignment than the misery patrol is. Once it goes stale, you start seeing things that bother you, and you awaken, you will lose hope and be stuck. Good luck Mr. Not Diverse. Hahahahahah! Have a back up plan and hold on real tight to your identity because its all you will have left after you burn out.
    Nice try, again. I'm already here, been here a while, and have already been promoted. No protected classes, no connections, just hard work, a desire to learn and grow, a positive attitude, and proper networking. You should try it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast