Commander position - Page 12
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Little Orphan Oliver Twist North Port-- Outside Publix at Coco Plum- scene 1 "mister mister excuse me sir (in English accent of little orphan boy) would you like to donate to our police department sir? We are raising money to buy us some new horseless carriages and a wuff soes our cops don't have to spend their budget quids." It's a hard knock life!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Excuses and I didn't know are not acceptable. It is by no means a secret on how this place is run and what has happened here.He wants to be a chief then be a leader and not be told to break established protocol. Mayor VC is losing her juice and will lose her majority in this election, The chief has done nothing but better the working conditions for some while completely ignoring the citizens. His choice of the tank over the body cams is strictly on him, his BS letter to the commission on this will not be forgotten and his either being told or on his own promoting Morales will come back on him big time. He is being used as a stepping stone for Morales rise to chief. A friendly word of advise, don't unpack your bags, you wont be here long, Morales will see to that, like he did Sirianni and Pelfrey. CM is cunning and treacherous and has VC and her posse support. As soon as the dust settles, Morales will make his move. Smarten up Chief, look at the history of this place, the troops belong to Morales he has bought and paid for them with promotions etc, turn your attention to the people you serve, this is your only chance to make it here. Starting off fabricating a bs letter in support of the tank and then breaking established protocol in promoting Morales was not a very good start. Its your career, its up to you to navigate it.
    I had a chance to speak with Chief Garrison last week. We talked much of what you described above and other issues as well. What I got strongly from him, on all responses, whether we agreed or disagreed.. was he is his own man. He was not blowing backside rainbows or feeding lies. He was laying himself out there. He is gonna stand up for the ranks but hold those accountable whose actions tarnish the department or profession.

A subsequent meeting with the City Manager, I also got a very clear understanding of Pete's committment to a substantive culture change and leaving Garrison to get it done as he sees fit. Aint gonna happen over night but I believe we have found #ChiefKharma

Unregistered
    Mrs. Gibson,
    Your portrayal of the new Chief is accurate. He is a stand up man and is his own person. I have known him for many years and haven’t seen him waiver. He definitely takes the community seriously and makes choices for the betterment with service being paramount. Law Enforcement isn’t perfect by far but we continually strive for perfection. With that said the citizens have to support and back the police department for us all to win. With ideas and decisions made that may not be favorable to the public, comes a methodical and calculated process driven by real hair raising experiences. North Port is great and will be greater in the long run. Always remember this, the police are citizens of the community as well, we have the same struggles as anyone else does. Often we are called to fix problems that developed and fester for years and are expected to resolve them in thirty minutes at 2 a.m. And often there is nothing the police can do to fix these things and usually takes a weird twist and doesn’t go as planned. We as a community need to hold all of ourselves accountable from the parents of our youth to the politicians we vote in office. I know for a fact when I come into work the last thing on my mind is hurting someone. I truly believe the vast majority of us feel that way. And one of the first things on my mind is I don’t want to get hurt, but I know what I signed up for. It’s a calling and I couldn’t think of anything else I would want to do. I have known the Chief long enough that he has that same calling and will serve your city with respect, prudent judgement and integrity.

Unregistered
    Mrs. Gibson,
    Your portrayal of the new Chief is accurate. He is a stand up man and is his own person. I have known him for many years and haven’t seen him waiver. He definitely takes the community seriously and makes choices for the betterment with service being paramount. Law Enforcement isn’t perfect by far but we continually strive for perfection. With that said the citizens have to support and back the police department for us all to win. With ideas and decisions made that may not be favorable to the public, comes a methodical and calculated process driven by real hair raising experiences. North Port is great and will be greater in the long run. Always remember this, the police are citizens of the community as well, we have the same struggles as anyone else does. Often we are called to fix problems that developed and fester for years and are expected to resolve them in thirty minutes at 2 a.m. And often there is nothing the police can do to fix these things and usually takes a weird twist and doesn’t go as planned. We as a community need to hold all of ourselves accountable from the parents of our youth to the politicians we vote in office. I know for a fact when I come into work the last thing on my mind is hurting someone. I truly believe the vast majority of us feel that way. And one of the first things on my mind is I don’t want to get hurt, but I know what I signed up for. It’s a calling and I couldn’t think of anything else I would want to do. I have known the Chief long enough that he has that same calling and will serve your city with respect, prudent judgement and integrity.
    Now that officer is one of the best honest replies I have read on this site for a long time. Thank you number one for respecting stephanie. Thank you for being honest. Your response was a true example of what not only an officer should be but society in general. If you are not a leader you should be. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. To the officers that want to learn from a true leader read this post. Your complaints and childish responses are not professional and frankly frighting. Officers who are leaders do not bully they lead. Thanks again

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I had a chance to speak with Chief Garrison last week. We talked much of what you described above and other issues as well. What I got strongly from him, on all responses, whether we agreed or disagreed.. was he is his own man. He was not blowing backside rainbows or feeding lies. He was laying himself out there. He is gonna stand up for the ranks but hold those accountable whose actions tarnish the department or profession.

A subsequent meeting with the City Manager, I also got a very clear understanding of Pete's committment to a substantive culture change and leaving Garrison to get it done as he sees fit. Aint gonna happen over night but I believe we have found #ChiefKharma
    When you met with Mr. Lear was Chris Morales sitting on his lap????

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post

I remember not to long ago you met with KV and Morales, you at first thought they were stand up guys to, until you found out otherwise, but time will tell. So lets see, its been what three weeks and we have the following, 300 grand for a 150 grand bearcat with wings, simply because we cant hide behind trees. A architect hired to create a new addition or building to enlarge the Pink Castle, and the cost will be in the millions, simply because its bursting at the seems, which is BS. Then a new substation to be built in West Villages. Is this replacing the fairly new, unused station on North Port Blvd. Here's a novel idea, use the NP blvd station maybe to ease the bursting main station. There absolutely needs to be a completion of the holding cells so prisoners can be temporarily housed instead of immediately transporting to Sarasota. Lets see, a promotion and job title change of the Deputy chief without regard to established procedure or job description( hey wait, he is working on his BS degree, ok so is KV.). Yes I almost forgot, we no longer refer to LEO's as patrolman but as Police Officers, now that's a priority item, and yes the IA inspector getting back his rank of Captain after KV administratively demoted him because he didn't talk crap about a FM officer in Public. Let us not forget the cops cop rhetoric, I've been there I've done that, ok fine, but it is your job to keep your personnel in line, not to protect them, we have had enough of the cover ups and lies. Even though it happened before you were sworn in, how about the K9 assault on the helpless drunk caught on video that was so covered up. How about reestablishing relations with the Sheriff, so we can have deputized officers who have authority outside the city limits and we can share services, like co's for our holding cells.. Lets see, Bearcat, millions on Station renovation, but yet no body cameras. Wanna spend our money, get the body cameras, now, not three years from now, show us you can be a leader and hold those Roque officers accountable, instead of promoting them. You inherited a multitude of problems when you took over that cannot be just ignored. There is no do overs or start a new here, you have to earn our respect, I do not care what you did a year or month ago, it what you are doing now and as it appears you are being just like your predecessor, spending money and spewing BS. But hey its only been three weeks......

Unregistered
    OMG... you are hilarious. Do you know why agencies no longer have holding cells? Have you ever looked at the requirements? Maybe read up a little

I remember not to long ago you met with KV and Morales, you at first thought they were stand up guys to, until you found out otherwise, but time will tell. So lets see, its been what three weeks and we have the following, 300 grand for a 150 grand bearcat with wings, simply because we cant hide behind trees. A architect hired to create a new addition or building to enlarge the Pink Castle, and the cost will be in the millions, simply because its bursting at the seems, which is BS. Then a new substation to be built in West Villages. Is this replacing the fairly new, unused station on North Port Blvd. Here's a novel idea, use the NP blvd station maybe to ease the bursting main station. There absolutely needs to be a completion of the holding cells so prisoners can be temporarily housed instead of immediately transporting to Sarasota. Lets see, a promotion and job title change of the Deputy chief without regard to established procedure or job description( hey wait, he is working on his BS degree, ok so is KV.). Yes I almost forgot, we no longer refer to LEO's as patrolman but as Police Officers, now that's a priority item, and yes the IA inspector getting back his rank of Captain after KV administratively demoted him because he didn't talk crap about a FM officer in Public. Let us not forget the cops cop rhetoric, I've been there I've done that, ok fine, but it is your job to keep your personnel in line, not to protect them, we have had enough of the cover ups and lies. Even though it happened before you were sworn in, how about the K9 assault on the helpless drunk caught on video that was so covered up. How about reestablishing relations with the Sheriff, so we can have deputized officers who have authority outside the city limits and we can share services, like co's for our holding cells.. Lets see, Bearcat, millions on Station renovation, but yet no body cameras. Wanna spend our money, get the body cameras, now, not three years from now, show us you can be a leader and hold those Roque officers accountable, instead of promoting them. You inherited a multitude of problems when you took over that cannot be just ignored. There is no do overs or start a new here, you have to earn our respect, I do not care what you did a year or month ago, it what you are doing now and as it appears you are being just like your predecessor, spending money and spewing BS. But hey its only been three weeks......

Unregistered
    OMG... you are hilarious. Do you know why agencies no longer have holding cells? Have you ever looked at the requirements? Maybe read up a little
    Not impossible to do,some agencies, not all and the structure is already in place, the Sheriff has to authorize and man it, similar to south county, its either that or remove a car from the city for an hour or so on every arrest, either way nothing will get done until a solid working relationship is reestablished with the sheriff.

Unregistered
    Not impossible to do,some agencies, not all and the structure is already in place, the Sheriff has to authorize and man it, similar to south county, its either that or remove a car from the city for an hour or so on every arrest, either way nothing will get done until a solid working relationship is reestablished with the sheriff.
    Easier said than done. You are correct about needing a better relationship with the SO. I still don't think you will see cells in the NPPD. NPPD would also have to meet a lot of criteria. I am retired and live in North Port but worked in upper management with a large agency. I think you will see almost no local agency in Florida has true holding cells. Be better off if the Sheriff offered a transport van like is done in other counties around the state.

Unregistered
    Easier said than done. You are correct about needing a better relationship with the SO. I still don't think you will see cells in the NPPD. NPPD would also have to meet a lot of criteria. I am retired and live in North Port but worked in upper management with a large agency. I think you will see almost no local agency in Florida has true holding cells. Be better off if the Sheriff offered a transport van like is done in other counties around the state.
    You are right, but some type of temporary detention cells would be needed unless the PD purchased there own transport van, but the gest of this post appears to be priorities set by the new chief, spending money the city does not have and not concentrating on the issues that got him the job in the first place. Which include, but are certainly not limited to accountability, ethical behavior, good old boys ruling the roost. A good chief would stand up acknowledge the disasters of the past and make this department whole again, he has not. Instead he has swept the past under the rug, ignoring the problem officers and trying to side step the issues by his cops cop rhetoric and spending of our tax dollars. Hey Chief if you want to be a cops cop and one of the boys then demote yourself to patrolman, oops police officer, if you want to be a leader, acknowledge the problems of the past, move to open an IA on the K9 and KB who thumped the drunk on video and on the command staff who ignored this and swept it under the rug. Then maybe you will have credibility with us. Otherwise your just another over paid KV clone. Its your choice, be a leader or be a follower...…..

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast