Commander position - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well its been a couple weeks and what has been accomplished, lets see. spent 300 grand on a 150 K armored tank, Yes Chief Karma it is a tank all the whining a lying and carrying on and his priority was to get a tank over the body cameras. Officers safety and as he states trees are no good cover in a firefight, he knows that. Trees have been cover since the dawn of time, but hey maybe NP trees are different. Body cameras, well a tank protects a few officers, that's if it is ever used. Body cameras would be used daily and would protect all the officers and civilians who come in contact with them, but the tank will be here in November and will have wings (red bull commercial) the cameras well in 2020 or 21 or 22 or never. The he promotes CM to ass chief without any regards to the established process, I am sure even LCSO had a process for promotion. He is touted as a cops cop, if there was a definition of this I believe it would be he is going to protect his men, if this is the case then the city manager, Mayor VC and the whole process failed miserably. We wanted change what we got was just more of the same, and its only been really a week.
    Good post!!! Lest see some good decisions Chief Garrison. Morales has already set you back.

Unregistered
    Good post!!! Lest see some good decisions Chief Garrison. Morales has already set you back.

I have to agree with this post. Already on strike one,chief. Morales is and always has been part of this agencies main problems. We wait for the new chief and all the changes and what does he do...promote the person that has been part of the problem all along. To top it off he promoted a person to a position that he is not qualified to occupy. Terrible start sir.

Unregistered

Appointed

I have been monitoring this forum for several weeks, I actual applied for a commander position and was lucky enough to get an Assistant Chief position at another agency. I read all the negativity surrounding the new Chief's decision to appoint Captain Morrals to Deputy Chief. All Chief's have expectations for their command staff and will count on them to push forward their vision for the department. If in fact all the negativity is factual, I found in most cases it is command staff with no clear expectations and are allowed to basically run things as they see fit. I am sure that the new Chief will see right through this so called toxic leadership and will not tolerate the destruction of his department from with in and will eventually clip the wings of the offenders.

Give your new leader a chance, and although you may not like the initial restructuring, from what I have read your Chief is very experienced and will learn the department and move you in a positive direction.

Good luck

Unregistered
    Stephanie, you need to think “big picture” here. BWC’s are a waste of money at this point in North Port. We have very few complaints, including excessive use of force complaints. Be careful what you ask for, body cams will cause more problems here than solve them. And as far as CIT goes, sure... it’s valiable training. But, society needs to stop relying on LE to fix the mental illness problem. It will never happen, nor is it our job. I understand you had a bad experience involving your mentally ill son and the police, but the fact is we, and police all over the country, flawlessly deal with mentally Ill subjects day in and day out. You only hear about the 1 percent of the time when it goes bad... after police were called.... to handle a problem that’s not really theirs to handle. It’s a tricky situation. Think beyond just your own personal experiences and maybe you can have more of a positive impact.
    The Ft Myers tragedy is the perfect example of why we need BWC's. It was all caught on tape. The encounter with a so called mentally ill person, who no one knows how he slipped thru the cracks. How about the shooting up north where the officer chased a perp with a gun and had to shoot him, the camera clearly showed the gun and the gun in the perp hands as he turned towards the officer, But yet out illustrious leaders felt the need to buy a 300 grand armored tank, rational, its better than a tree for cover. Better officer safety training is needed in the handling of the mentally ill, its not just about the mentally ill person's safety , its more about how to handle and detain until such time they are transported. More protections/training must be in place to provide any LEO the right to clear the incident without injury or worse. The BWC's, despite what our leaders believe, are a must for all our officers and that bearcat needs to be cancelled and the cameras ordered up. Its what the taxpayers want and the department needs. The decision for the bearcat is Morales alone, he wanted it over the BWC's and this is just another reason why he should just stay a Captain, He is not, nor has he ever been, any type of leader.

Unregistered
    I have been monitoring this forum for several weeks, I actual applied for a commander position and was lucky enough to get an Assistant Chief position at another agency. I read all the negativity surrounding the new Chief's decision to appoint Captain Morrals to Deputy Chief. All Chief's have expectations for their command staff and will count on them to push forward their vision for the department. If in fact all the negativity is factual, I found in most cases it is command staff with no clear expectations and are allowed to basically run things as they see fit. I am sure that the new Chief will see right through this so called toxic leadership and will not tolerate the destruction of his department from with in and will eventually clip the wings of the offenders.

Give your new leader a chance, and although you may not like the initial restructuring, from what I have read your Chief is very experienced and will learn the department and move you in a positive direction.

Good luck
    you made the right choice, good luck

Unregistered

new chief

your new chief is a good chief, untill MOR retires he will actually be the "unseen" chief remember counsil wanted him but he turned them down

Unregistered
    Well its been a couple weeks and what has been accomplished, lets see. spent 300 grand on a 150 K armored tank, Yes Chief Karma it is a tank all the whining a lying and carrying on and his priority was to get a tank over the body cameras. Officers safety and as he states trees are no good cover in a firefight, he knows that. Trees have been cover since the dawn of time, but hey maybe NP trees are different. Body cameras, well a tank protects a few officers, that's if it is ever used. Body cameras would be used daily and would protect all the officers and civilians who come in contact with them, but the tank will be here in November and will have wings (red bull commercial) the cameras well in 2020 or 21 or 22 or never. The he promotes CM to ass chief without any regards to the established process, I am sure even LCSO had a process for promotion. He is touted as a cops cop, if there was a definition of this I believe it would be he is going to protect his men, if this is the case then the city manager, Mayor VC and the whole process failed miserably. We wanted change what we got was just more of the same, and its only been really a week.
    Enough of the negativity.

Unregistered
    Enough of the negativity.
    KMA don't like it, don't read it !!!!!!

Unregistered

Chance

KMA don't like it, don't read it !!!!!!
    Give the man a chance, heck he has just arrived and although you may not agree with his original choices, it doesn't mean that he is being lead by the nose. You seasoned employees know things that your new Chief does not, he has to go on the information he has received so far. That info usually doesn't come from the ground troops, but he will be learning the culture and will adjust as he sees fit. Don't get hung up on the first few weeks, it will take time for him to get a solid foothold on why needs to be done.

Unregistered
    Give the man a chance, heck he has just arrived and although you may not agree with his original choices, it doesn't mean that he is being lead by the nose. You seasoned employees know things that your new Chief does not, he has to go on the information he has received so far. That info usually doesn't come from the ground troops, but he will be learning the culture and will adjust as he sees fit. Don't get hung up on the first few weeks, it will take time for him to get a solid foothold on why needs to be done.
    Excuses and I didn't know are not acceptable. It is by no means a secret on how this place is run and what has happened here.He wants to be a chief then be a leader and not be told to break established protocol. Mayor VC is losing her juice and will lose her majority in this election, The chief has done nothing but better the working conditions for some while completely ignoring the citizens. His choice of the tank over the body cams is strictly on him, his BS letter to the commission on this will not be forgotten and his either being told or on his own promoting Morales will come back on him big time. He is being used as a stepping stone for Morales rise to chief. A friendly word of advise, don't unpack your bags, you wont be here long, Morales will see to that, like he did Sirianni and Pelfrey. CM is cunning and treacherous and has VC and her posse support. As soon as the dust settles, Morales will make his move. Smarten up Chief, look at the history of this place, the troops belong to Morales he has bought and paid for them with promotions etc, turn your attention to the people you serve, this is your only chance to make it here. Starting off fabricating a bs letter in support of the tank and then breaking established protocol in promoting Morales was not a very good start. Its your career, its up to you to navigate it.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast