LAMBERTI HAS DISTRICT CHIEFS DISTRIBUTE SIGNS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: LAMBERTI HAS DISTRICT CHIEFS DISTRIBUTE SIGNS

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyMan
    As an XO, I can tell you that we all feel pressure to not only stroke checks but take signs. I was handed signs (not even asked) and threw 4 of them in my open fire pit.

no way lamberti will win this.
    Nice try. You are not an XO, you are a liar and an idiot. I know just about every XO in BSO, and they are not burning Lamberti signs. Nobody handed you anything without asking you little baby. There are people openly running around this agency (sadly) supporting Israel as vocally as they can. They have yet to feel the slightest retribution. Take your lies elsewhere. By the way, who made you stroke a check? That is total BS, nobody has ever asked me for a dime, and I am a little higher on the food chain than an XO.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest001
    To the county resident, thanks for an intelligent post. I will tell you another side of this that rarely seems to get told. I have worked for BSO for 22 years. I am a cop, nothing more or less. My day to day consists of hours of boredom punctuated by moments of excitement, fear, terror, sadness, etc. I joined BSO when I was 22 years old and right out of the military. Like most young guys, I had no clue about politics, elections, etc. I have worked through Sheriffs Navarro, Cochran, and Jenne. I was promoted under each of them. Not because I campaigned for them, but because I took tests, stayed out of trouble, and did a pretty good job. Sadly, all of these sheriffs had major flaws. Navarro was (and still is) a good guy, but surrounded himself with major idiots and loved the media too much. Cochran was a space cadet who brought in a bunch of cronies who almost destroyed our agency. Jenne, what can I say. He is in prison, and caused grief and heartache for every member of this outfit. Now, finally, after 22 long years, we have a leader to believe in. A career cop, started at the bottom, ended at the top. Honest to a fault. Nice as they come. Sincere. Knows the agency, the county, and has nothing gain by this election. He could retire and get paid more than 100K per year to stay home. He battled a major health issue, yet returns out of his sense of duty to this organization. We are supporting him out of our sense of survival. Finally a chance for an honest, corruption free boss. The whole system sucks. We should not have to vote for a boss, sheriff, chief of police, whatever. But given that this is how it is, we have to live our careers in 4 year increments, always hoping that the right guy will get in office. Al Lamberti IS the right guy, I have known him my whole career. He was as genuine as a sergeant as he is as sheriff. Israel is the wrong guy. Not bashing him, but he is not what we need. Another outsider who will come in and turn the place on its ass. We are happy employees now, and want to keep it that way. The words corruption and Lamberti should never be in the same sentence. In closing, look who is supporting him. The vast majority of the law enforcement community (I would say 95%) the PBA, firefighters, so many democrats that I talk to, etc. He is the man. I have nothing to gain, I am where I will be now as I will when I retire in a few short years. I just want to see this agency rise to greatness again.
    Did you forget about all of the lies during contract negotiations? You are a stupid man or woman. Lame-Berti will never ever give us another raise if he becomes sheriff. Guys like you will lay down and suck his arse. You think people are happy here? Nobody is doing anything, how is that "happy?". Lame-Berti will turn into the evil man I know he is if he gets elected. It'll be too late once that happens and you'll be posting something like, "I didn't know he was like that".

Guest 001 posts comments that a lot of us who have been around awhile agree with. I don't care if he did well in the debate..in fact, that means that he is not another slick politician.

I don't know where these idiots work but no one in my district has forced anyone to write a check or take a sign....in fact, they are snapped up as soon as they get new ones in.....

and they are being distributed by PBA reps...not brass

Quote Originally Posted by County Resident
    Ok, I am not involved with BSO except being a county tax paying resident but after reading the comments on this forum I felt that I needed to express my opinions.
    First, I researched a few things and it is illegal and unethical for the Sheriff to have people campaign for him while on duty so to me that sounds like Lamberti is somewhat corrupt.
    Second, for the comment to someone to leave the agency if he didn't like what he saw... that is completely unrealistic. You know that you cannot just pick up and leave a profession, especially with seniority, just because you don't like what you see. Remember that these deputies have to put food on the table for their families and leaving is not an option. Therefore Lamberti is placing these deputies in a really tough spot. If these deputies want to support someone they can do it off duty, off tax payers money and not be pressured into it.
    Third, I agree with the post that it does sound like some employees are trying to prove to Lamberti that they support them to keep their job and possibly acknowledge them for advancement. In other words, they are paying off the Sheriff to get promoted. Again this sounds unethical but in the world of politics-it happens.
    Fourth, to the poster who keeps making fun of those who have typos, get over it and ridicule yourself when you make your mistakes. If you have nothing intelligent to say except call someone a moron for a typo, then go do something productive like beat off to a Hanah Montana episode.
    I'm sure Isreal would have his employees do the same but he hasn't had the chance so right now I do blame Lamberti. It sounds like to me that his own employees don't like him so I will have to say I will not vote for him. Thank you employees for expressing your true feelings and letting the public know what really goes on inside this agency. Please be careful out there and know that there are people on this side that does appreciate what you do. Thank you.
    HELLO COUNTY RESIDENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTERESTING POST, ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR (SEE) AN OUTSIDERS THOUGHTS. 26+ year BSO Veteran here. Lamberti is not stupid, he's not directing anyone to conduct campaining on duty. If people are doing it they should stop or at least be discrete about it because it looks bad. Regarding a possible replacement for Sheriff. Look. This is important. This will affect Broward citizens and visitors, not just us (employees). Right now BSO is stable. Our people have more confidence in our ability to do our job now, than we've had in years. Citizens need to know that,- that we feel strong in our ability to respond with confidence. Sheriff Lamberti has given us the ability to breath a full breath of air to fill our lungs and exhale! Freak Ken Jenne had us on wiffs of air, our nerves were shot. Now we are alive and are functioning. If you bring in a different Sheriff he will fire alot of people, bring in new people, all BSO will be on pins-N-needles again, worrying about internal stuff instead of focusing on doing the best job possible. For years, I've heard people say such statements as: "I can handle the streets, it's the administrative crap that stresses me out." Stability in an agency this size is important. Sheriff Lamberti knows BSO and all the players. He will handle everything just fine, in fact in my own dreams I couldn't think of anyone better to be Broward Sheriff. It is my opinion, that the push behind the other candidate is not because Lamberti is bad, it's because those individuals think they have something to gain personally by supporting the other guy. You as a non-employee have to look at the end result for you, what do you get when you have to dial 9-1-1. It's not really about how well Mr. Lamberti gives a speech on any given day, it's about the end product you recieve as a citizen. Translation: a happy deputy is a deputy who will serve you better. Lamberti = more happy deputies and more happy employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader
    Ok, I am not involved with BSO except being a county tax paying resident but after reading the comments on this forum I felt that I needed to express my opinions.
    First, I researched a few things and it is illegal and unethical for the Sheriff to have people campaign for him while on duty so to me that sounds like Lamberti is somewhat corrupt.
    Second, for the comment to someone to leave the agency if he didn't like what he saw... that is completely unrealistic. You know that you cannot just pick up and leave a profession, especially with seniority, just because you don't like what you see. Remember that these deputies have to put food on the table for their families and leaving is not an option. Therefore Lamberti is placing these deputies in a really tough spot. If these deputies want to support someone they can do it off duty, off tax payers money and not be pressured into it.
    Third, I agree with the post that it does sound like some employees are trying to prove to Lamberti that they support them to keep their job and possibly acknowledge them for advancement. In other words, they are paying off the Sheriff to get promoted. Again this sounds unethical but in the world of politics-it happens.
    Fourth, to the poster who keeps making fun of those who have typos, get over it and ridicule yourself when you make your mistakes. If you have nothing intelligent to say except call someone a moron for a typo, then go do something productive like beat off to a Hanah Montana episode.
    I'm sure Isreal would have his employees do the same but he hasn't had the chance so right now I do blame Lamberti. It sounds like to me that his own employees don't like him so I will have to say I will not vote for him. Thank you employees for expressing your true feelings and letting the public know what really goes on inside this agency. Please be careful out there and know that there are people on this side that does appreciate what you do. Thank you.
    HELLO COUNTY RESIDENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTERESTING POST, ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR (SEE) AN OUTSIDERS THOUGHTS. 26+ year BSO Veteran here. Lamberti is not stupid, he's not directing anyone to conduct campaining on duty. If people are doing it they should stop or at least be discrete about it because it looks bad. Regarding a possible replacement for Sheriff. Look. This is important. This will affect Broward citizens and visitors, not just us (employees). Right now BSO is stable. Our people have more confidence in our ability to do our job now, than we've had in years. Citizens need to know that,- that we feel strong in our ability to respond with confidence. Sheriff Lamberti has given us the ability to breath a full breath of air to fill our lungs and exhale! Freak Ken Jenne had us on wiffs of air, our nerves were shot. Now we are alive and are functioning. If you bring in a different Sheriff he will fire alot of people, bring in new people, all BSO will be on pins-N-needles again, worrying about internal stuff instead of focusing on doing the best job possible. For years, I've heard people say such statements as: "I can handle the streets, it's the administrative crap that stresses me out." Stability in an agency this size is important. Sheriff Lamberti knows BSO and all the players. He will handle everything just fine, in fact in my own dreams I couldn't think of anyone better to be Broward Sheriff. It is my opinion, that the push behind the other candidate is not because Lamberti is bad, it's because those individuals think they have something to gain personally by supporting the other guy. You as a non-employee have to look at the end result for you, what do you get when you have to dial 9-1-1. It's not really about how well Mr. Lamberti gives a speech on any given day, it's about the end product you recieve as a citizen. Translation: a happy deputy is a deputy who will serve you better. Lamberti = more happy deputies and more happy employees.
    Thanks Al.... you still don't have the rank and file and we can't wait to see you gooooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reader
    Thanks Al.... you still don't have the rank and file and we can't wait to see you gooooooo....
    No, not Al. Just someone who's been around long enough to remember when it was a long drive to get to University Drive because there was nothing there between here and there. Also been there done that. Seen it. Heard it. There is wisdom in age and wisdom in experience.

Speaking of which, where the heck is the AARP in defending John McCain. What is wrong with these people who are predicting/thinking he might die in office? What kind of thinking is that, that is rediculous! I know alot of elders and they are awesome people. Older people know stuff man, You know, freekin be positive and give John the nod. It's not about speech delivery or how good one looks in a suit, it's about the decision's that are made. Watch what you ask for, you just might get it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1326542
    When will Lamberti finally stop ordering the district chiefs to help his campaign. Does he know some of us DON'T WANT HIM BACK? I was given 20 signs to give to neigbors and friends. THIS BS HAS TO STOP!
    he should have used an idiot like moldberg

Unregistered

Rusty trombone

Quote Originally Posted by ;1326588
    Was this on BSO time? It sounds illegal.
    Wow sounds familiar? People campaigning on duty

Unregistered

Saggy pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    he should have used an idiot like moldberg

You are jealous of the jail tech!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123