Ask the PBA - Page 95
Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Unregistered
    What are the rules regarding pre-flexing a state employee who is on a 160 hour work cycle to minimize OT they know they will have in the last part of their cycles?

Say they make you take off a 4 days in week 1 cause they now in week 3-4 you will work those extra 4 days and this will eliminate the OT you would have earned. Sounds sketchy but maybe it's legal.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are the rules regarding pre-flexing a state employee who is on a 160 hour work cycle to minimize OT they know they will have in the last part of their cycles?

Say they make you take off a 4 days in week 1 cause they now in week 3-4 you will work those extra 4 days and this will eliminate the OT you would have earned. Sounds sketchy but maybe it's legal.

Its legal.

Unregistered
    Great........

Unregistered
    No it isn't. They can't make you offset OT you haven't earned yet.

Unregistered
    This a FLSA issue or a union issue? My agency too has been doing this for over 10 years with abandonment. Forcing you to take off regular work days knowing later in your pay cycle you would be heavy and minimize or eliminate your OT.

Unregistered
    Our policy states you are not allowed to take time you haven't earned. Please let me know if something changed so I can start taking leave and calling out sick before I accumulate it. I only have 3 hrs and wanted to call out on the weekend. Since my payraise went to specialty units this year. They can come out and work the weekend

Unregistered

COLA Sunsets In 2016..... if The Legislators Allow It

Please get to working on the legislator to allow the COLA ban to sunset. Raises are nice and benefits are nice but reinstating the COLA is without a doubt job # 1. remember it's an election year for them......

Unregistered

PBA gone....again

I find it incredibly disconcerting that the PBA stopped responding to posts up to the point they had to do damage control on the latest legislative issues. Now that they have assumed things have settled down they have gone dormant is responses again. Way to support the troopers PBA. I say continue to beat the drums until those bums are gone!!!

Unregistered
    I don't mind working SOAR, however, can we fix the SOAR issue with the 1 contact per 20 minutes. If I want to work SOAR for 4 hours and get 8 contacts within my first 2 hours, why is that not sufficient?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't mind working SOAR, however, can we fix the SOAR issue with the 1 contact per 20 minutes. If I want to work SOAR for 4 hours and get 8 contacts within my first 2 hours, why is that not sufficient?
    Sell that to the public and legislatures. Get paid for 4hrs with the public's money for only 2hrs of work? What are we doing the 2hrs when no activity that we can justify to the watch dogs and auditors?

It’s the quickest way to lose SOAR, then all the crying will start to bring SOAR back, then it will be too late. Why can’t we police ourselves, so we don’t lose it!! No, let’s be greedy.

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast