Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, the flood gates have opened and current employees are either in the process of leaving or like a few others, have already left. So far, Lighthouse Point in Broward seems to be the hot ticket! Wait until PBSO announces their need to hire several hundred deputies in the coming months. The 'blood-letting' is just beginning and the City continues to bury it's head in the sand.
I feel for everyone at DBPD. I know a few guys who work there and run into many due to also being an officer at another municipality in PBC. It's getting rough out there for a lot of agencies like Delray and even Boynton too because the cities just aren't backing them. It might be better if PBSO took over a lot of different cities like BSO has done down in Broward. Cities like Delray are going to see their officers flee to other departments and dangerous manpower shortages will occur. I know a couple Delray guys have left for places like Lighthouse Point which was mentioned above but that's not a spot for a young officer. That's a retirement/2nd career place. Sure they money looks good up front but your entire career would be on the road and no take home cars etc. Right now most guys looking to leave should look at places like PBSO, Boca PD, and maybe even West Palm ,etc. I know PBSO and Boca are hiring and no significant benefit changes coming any time soon. Good luck to you guys out there.