A hypocrite perhaps?

Unregistered

A hypocrite perhaps?

Nothing surprises me anymore with the vomit being spewed from the agency these days. But today's knee slapper takes the cake. First of all I'm surprised the ledger printed the front page article about the lawsuit being filed against the sheriff in reference to the bullying case last year.

But what was not surprising is how the sheriff once again seems to blame everyone else for HIS CHOICES.

Lets do some quick history. Recently I believe News Ch 10 requested information, though the state's public records laws, in reference to the way the sheriff guides the detectives with the sexual predator stings. And let me say this, I commend all law enforcement for arresting these predators because it's the responsibility of all law enforcement to do so but naturally the sheriff makes it seem to the world that he, and he alone, is the only person taking up this fight.

Anywho, the sheriff adamantly refuses to comply with state law ( news flash ) because I believe he said these people are suspects or "future suspects" and that makes it an ongoing investigation and he's not required to release the requested information. Okay I agree with that because what the general public does not know is when an investigation is ongoing, NO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY is required to tell the public, media ect anything. Just because you see it on Tv doesn't mean agencies have to comply. Most do it for self acknowledgement ( Judd ) or to public pressure.

Knowing this the sheriff does exactly that; he complies with the media requests when it meets his ego and ignores them when it will bring negative attention to his practices. So lets move forward to today's article.

While doing his usual political two step dance the sheriff said, and I quote, " He didn't regret the arrests, despite both girls having their mugshots available online". Soooooo if the investigation was on going, then why did the sheriff choose to release this information about the bullying case and not what is being requested by the media about the predator stings? Oh wait I believe he wanted to get his face on Tv to address bullying and how, once again, he is the only person fighting this fight.

But what really takes the cake, and the media should remember this the next time he wants to hold a press conference to get his face on Tv so he can tell the world that he recently had his car washed, is that the sheriff says " He left it up to the media to publish the girls names and photographs". So, WAKE UP CALL MEDIA, he is taking preemptive steps to blame YOU for the duress and emotional stress caused to the girls. So its the typical Blame Someone Else method.

The sheriff goes on to defend Florida's public records laws by saying the public has the right to know yada yada yada but what he means is he will defend it when it suits his ego but not when it would bring the walls crashing down on him.

Your manly statement that you look forward to vigorously defending the agency is weak. Sheriff you're probably gonna need to seek outside counsel for this defense because these lawyers retained by the family obviously have no allegiance to you or your flailing image and will fight this to the end. Don't worry though, I'm sure there is a Captain or Major willing to take the bullet to protect you in exchange for, say, 80 hours of paid suspension ( can anyone say Microsoft copyright infringement allegations way back in the day ).

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    This among the many things He and his cronies have been doing for ten years now. How he treats these people is no different than how He and his admin are currently treating the deputies. When are we finally going to get rid of him?

Unregistered
    Find a viable candidate to run against him, or find enough to get him indicted and removed.