hiring question

Thread: hiring question

hiring question

I am currently certified and was thinking about applying to HCSO. I was just wondering if you have to live in the County? I know to have a take-home I would probably have to reside in the County, but was hoping you could live out of County and commute. Thanks is advance.

Re: hiring question

Yes you may live out of county and work for HCSO. It is mandatory that you park your patrol car at a substation and drive to and from that substation when you live out of county. That being said I suggest you conduct a ride a long and speak to deputies already working there before you make a decision. Good luck!

Re: hiring question

Quote Originally Posted by yep
    Yes you may live out of county and work for HCSO. It is mandatory that you park your patrol car at a substation and drive to and from that substation when you live out of county. That being said I suggest you conduct a ride a long and speak to deputies already working there before you make a decision. Good luck!
    Thank you for the answer and I was actually going to see if they allow ride a longs once I knew I could still live outside the county. I try to do as much "background" on the workings of any agency as the pros and cons change from agency to agency. Stay safe and again, thank you.