Whats the matter with you guys

Whats the matter with you guys

Seminole Police Dept. is full of guys who worked elsewhere and have had long and distinguished careers and experience and resume's up the wazoo but still your dept sucks. Seminole should be the best agency in the state and on the cutting edge but yet they fall very short. Must have something to do with the Injuns.

Re: Whats the matter with you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    Seminole Police Dept. is full of guys who worked elsewhere and have had long and distinguished careers and experience and resume's up the wazoo but still your dept sucks. Seminole should be the best agency in the state and on the cutting edge but yet they fall very short. Must have something to do with the Injuns.
    Funny you should ask, I will tell you since you answered your own question but didn't see it. There is a number of reasons. First off has nothing to do with the indians nothing at all. We are failures for the biggest one is because of Will. He is not a leader, he is a failure this is how. What a leader does is take people to the levels that they never imagined, to make them and/or help them get stronger. To take that patrol officer and have them excel. He doesn't do that, he falls on the false sense of security of higihg these, has beens with their "distinguished careers as u call it because he relies on what they don't because he can't develop strong officers. So he hires people to bridge his shortcomings. Thats the first, he is the issue as far as the vets we hire go, hey just because you have a filled up reume doesn't make you a good officer. As far as I'm concerned half the people here have a resume that is not worth the paper it is written on. Just because you managed to float through a previous agency for 20 or 30 years, soaked up some degree from Univer of Phoniex, and some advanced classes, doesn't mean Sh*t and you know it. They came here because they want a free check because they scrwed up on the retirement so bad that they have no choice to do the same job they have been doing because they are too stupid to do anything else. Blaming the indians would be like, being the Chief of Ft Lauderdale and saying everything in the department is bad but it is because of the citizens of Ft Lauderdale, Really? but lets go your way for one minute, if half of these people, the Lt and above, the Homeland security joke we have who doesn't do anything, the other coward who became an operations Lt but was the first to complain about working the hard rock, and I'm not talking about Dave either, he is ok, I'm talking about the guy with the ole Jeffery, but if they are so great they should have been able to turn this place around. Reality is that they point the finger and place the blame on everyone else just like when u point the finger at the indians. Tell you what The Heat lost this past week, problem was that damn fans caused it, smh

Will, Auer, and Stillborn are great. Just axe them. If Dave is OK, then something changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Will, Auer, and Stillborn are great. Just axe them. If Dave is OK, then something changed.
    Will is ok he said a week ago they are working on a retirement for us so lets not give up hope

Quote Originally Posted by Just chill
    Will is ok he said a week ago they are working on a retirement for us so lets not give up hope
    Speaking of pensions, is Seminole PD. in the FRS or do you have your own retirement system? FRS is good but agencies who fund their own pensions seem to do much better upon retirement. The flip-side is no to very little employee contribution to FRS (I think) and self funded maybe 8-12% employee contribution. But then you get 20 and out and patrol officers see $6000 plus per month before taxes, things you cant get with the FRS.

Speaking of pensions, is Seminole PD. in the FRS or do you have your own retirement system? FRS is good but agencies who fund their own pensions seem to do much better upon retirement. The flip-side is no to very little employee contribution to FRS (I think) and self funded maybe 8-12% employee contribution. But then you get 20 and out and patrol officers see $6000 plus per month before taxes, things you cant get with the FRS.
    Retirement? we don't have anything except for a crappy 401k. They have told me for the past 6 years we have been getting "some type of retirement" at one time we were suppose to get FRS but they had a hiccup and the tribe was going to find something "better than FRS" , six years later nothing, nietz, zip, nada, nienta, shabaq,nein, NO, the only way you get a retirement from here is if you get onto the R.Frank or E.Michaels plan. Other than that you ain't getting anything from here except a truck load of aggravation and empty promises. That's why I'm in the process somewhere else better now before its too late

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    Retirement? we don't have anything except for a crappy 401k. They have told me for the past 6 years we have been getting "some type of retirement" at one time we were suppose to get FRS but they had a hiccup and the tribe was going to find something "better than FRS" , six years later nothing, nietz, zip, nada, nienta, shabaq,nein, NO, the only way you get a retirement from here is if you get onto the R.Frank or E.Michaels plan. Other than that you ain't getting anything from here except a truck load of aggravation and empty promises. That's why I'm in the process somewhere else better now before its too late
    Good plan, best to go elsewhere. Part of being a police officer is you can retire at an early age and not work if you don't want to. The way the economy is now means if you are a police officer at Seminole you will be working until you die. A 401k and social security wont sustain a livable lifestyle.

You can tell what kind of police chief you have when a major incident happens. Commanders have a reactive force while leaders have a proactive force. Leaders don’t make knee jerk reaction to major incidents. We need to understand that leadership cannot be learned but it is an innate characteristic. Yes, true leaders can learn more about leadership but if God didnt give it to you from the get go, you are not a leader. Proven leaders are recognizable through their past actions and are unafraid to do the right thing.