RESERVE OFFICERS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: RESERVE OFFICERS

Personally, I don't have a problem with any officer who wants to be a reserve and are willing to perform as they are supposed to. I realize that not all Reserves are the same. As I previously said. The members of this program are responsible for what happened to it. You have Reserve officers who are working full time jobs and then only signing up for details. The reserve program is supposed to be a benefit for the department, to supplement the department in time of need such as assisting at special events and yes, to work details if necessary. That doesn't mean "ALL" you do is work details. In order to be a Reserve you are required to put in a certain number of hours to meet your reserve program qualifications. You are also required to attend training functions just like the full timers. How many of you actually do this ? Not many. If you've got time to work details, you've got time to put in your hours. You want to pretend to be a cop, then act like one and do what is required of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan
    Personally, I don't have a problem with any officer who wants to be a reserve and are willing to perform as they are supposed to. I realize that not all Reserves are the same. As I previously said. The members of this program are responsible for what happened to it. You have Reserve officers who are working full time jobs and then only signing up for details. The reserve program is supposed to be a benefit for the department, to supplement the department in time of need such as assisting at special events and yes, to work details if necessary. That doesn't mean "ALL" you do is work details. In order to be a Reserve you are required to put in a certain number of hours to meet your reserve program qualifications. You are also required to attend training functions just like the full timers. How many of you actually do this ? Not many. If you've got time to work details, you've got time to put in your hours. You want to pretend to be a cop, then act like one and do what is required of you.
    First it was meeting in bars, now you criticize reserves for working details. Which excuse are you going to offer next in trying to justify their horrible treatment by an egotistical deputy chief and a clueless chief. The reserves saved a lot of clients from otherwise walking away from PPD over the years because officers wouldn't work the details. The next time you see the DC and chief working out in the gym on duty with Gary, or better yet playing golf on the tax payers dime, ask yourself who is doing more harm to the agency. I say bring back the reserves and get rid of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Name them
    Be real throw out the names of those who ruined once had been great program. I hope this didn't come from city hall. I always thought the reserves should be a larger program. They certainly didn't cost any big bucks. Bring back the reserve police officers don't let it die
    Answer: Deleo :devil:
    Hire reserves to cover for the road shortage...what a concept, cuts down on OT, managers would save money for father city. And I call them managers that about all theyre worth.
    A reserve squad who actually knew how to handle calls and fill in a zone....Pay reserves, no insurance of course. Beats scraping the bottom like the rest at these ridiculous low detail pay we have.....just saying...Im sure the FOP would want officer safety to be paramount over a raving full timer who doesnt get OT :cop:
    FOP don't give a rats behind..... If it doesn't effect the "select" few it doesn't matter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Name them
    Be real throw out the names of those who ruined once had been great program. I hope this didn't come from city hall. I always thought the reserves should be a larger program. They certainly didn't cost any big bucks. Bring back the reserve police officers don't let it die
    Answer: Deleo :devil:

No it can't be ???? The same guy that when he was a Sgt use to sit in his car across the street from service calls and "watch".... Plenty of time a 10-94 was requested and did the Sgt come to aid.......he'll noooooo. He just sat there watching......

That's right, people don't forget......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123