Job Questions: Judicial Operations Bureau

Job Questions: Judicial Operations Bureau

Hey guys/gals, I've been an LEO for coming on 8 years now, and I'm looking to relocate to the area and am thinking about the PCSO. I see that you guys are hiring right now etc. One of the positions advertised is under the Judicial Operations Bureau. Does that mean a Bailif/Court Sercurity position? I couldn't find much on the PCSO website elaborating. Thanks, and be safe.

Re: Job Questions: Judicial Operations Bureau

Yes. They are sworn LEO, no take home car. Some positions are full time and some are part time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Yes. They are sworn LEO, no take home car. Some positions are full time and some are part time.
    Right on. Thanks for the response. I've worked for the SO before, and have done the courthouse deal. Not a terrible gig, but a lot of PC BS to put up with. One last question, if you don't mind.

Are your courthouse deputies allowed to be on any special teams and work extra duty details etc? That's the only reason that I didn't pull my hair out when I did the courthouse before. I was still able to work off duty gigs on occasion, and maintained a spot on the dive team as well. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guest34639
    Right on. Thanks for the response. I've worked for the SO before, and have done the courthouse deal. Not a terrible gig, but a lot of PC BS to put up with. One last question, if you don't mind.

Are your courthouse deputies allowed to be on any special teams and work extra duty details etc? That's the only reason that I didn't pull my hair out when I did the courthouse before. I was still able to work off duty gigs on occasion, and maintained a spot on the dive team as well. Thanks
    Off Duty details you can work, but most require a cruiser and patrol radio, which they have neither so you'd have to obtain those which is a bit of a pain. As for teams, again it comes down to not having the equipment so they are not on special teams...they have the Court Security ERT however. Court Security used to be a good gig, but now its a joke...(if you heard their response plan for an Active Shooter you'd wanna leave). Supervisors are a freaking joke, can't handle situations (The CJS handle it better and most are 65+). Court Security used to be well kept, but not its basically a melting pot for Deputies who are either A) fat B) Incompetent and need close supervision C) Old D) Mentally unstable. I'd strongly recommend you go elsewhere in the agency. I could tell you story after story of the sections failings, but I don't have time to write a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyBlackMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest34639

Off Duty details you can work, but most require a cruiser and patrol radio, which they have neither so you'd have to obtain those which is a bit of a pain. As for teams, again it comes down to not having the equipment so they are not on special teams...they have the Court Security ERT however. Court Security used to be a good gig, but now its a joke...(if you heard their response plan for an Active Shooter you'd wanna leave). Supervisors are a freaking joke, can't handle situations (The CJS handle it better and most are 65+). Court Security used to be well kept, but not its basically a melting pot for Deputies who are either A) fat B) Incompetent and need close supervision C) Old D) Mentally unstable. I'd strongly recommend you go elsewhere in the agency. I could tell you story after story of the sections failings, but I don't have time to write a novel.
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, that seems to be the typical story with Court Sec. It's either relatively squared away, or a retirement home for the too olds, too lazys, or the too crazies. I'm trying to transition into more of a permanent schedule for the family's sake, but it's next to impossible unless you get into CID, School Resource, or the Court. But shift work comes with our chosen profession, so I'm left to my own fate Eh, we'll see what happens.