Recruiting Veterans - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Recruiting Veterans

Quote Originally Posted by Guest7215
    Of course the allow tattoos!!! If you have anything that shows in a short sleeve you must always wear a long sleeve shirt.
    Ok. Thanks for verification.

How long on patrol before you can apply for a specialty unit?

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe
    of course you have to wait until you're out of probation! just worry about getting a job first...i'm sure all depts are the standard one to two year

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe
    ALL depends on how politically connected you are. I know some that had zero prior law enforcement experience and they did not even spend 6 months in patrol section before being transferred to a specialty unit. I also know that one of them got promoted to Corporal several years later and unbelievably returned to the patrol section as a street supervisor :shock:

Cool Re: Recruiting Veterans

Does having a Security Clearance (i.e. Secret, Top Secret...) make any difference in the Sheriff Department? Does the HCSO offer language pay for reading, writing and speaking Spanish? What areas are tested on the CJBAT?

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light" --Plato

Quote Originally Posted by lighttraveler72
    Does having a Security Clearance (i.e. Secret, Top Secret...) make any difference in the Sheriff Department? Does the HCSO offer language pay for reading, writing and speaking Spanish? What areas are tested on the CJBAT?

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light" --Plato

Having a clearance makes no difference.... I said I have a TS//SCI and they said they don't care. If you can speak another language they do offer incentive pay.

I've applied and passed EVERY test that's required for the pre-hire. Yes, poly, PAA, and all. My detective emailed me saying my packet is in the Cols office for selection. Can someone please tell me how long does it take for the selection? ...on average. My detective love to tell me "a while" or "be patient, might be soon". It's been like 2mths, closing in on 3 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned?
    I've applied and passed EVERY test that's required for the pre-hire. Yes, poly, PAA, and all. My detective emailed me saying my packet is in the Cols office for selection. Can someone please tell me how long does it take for the selection? ...on average. My detective love to tell me "a while" or "be patient, might be soon". It's been like 2mths, closing in on 3 I believe.
    It took me almost a year from start to finish. I'm told things are faster now, but don't get impatient and don't post stuff on this website since it will be held against you. Get hired first.

If the colonel has it, it should only be a month or two if he selects your file.

The next class start date is jan 5th2014.... No worries man you will be good to go... Took two weeks to get past the col selection stage.....hope to see you jan 5th.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast