FWC academy 2013?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: FWC academy 2013??

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    True, this may be the ultimate goal, to eliminate state LEOs, then turn all law enforcement over to the SOs and PDs.

I can't see anyone in our chain of command or PBA going to the legislature and saying we need parity pay with the national average pay for LEOs to encourage people to apply to FWC or keep qualified employees from moving on to better paying jobs.

I see an entry level officer earning parity with a security guard soon. It will only take a couple of years.
    Let's be honest. The average security agent has more responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by truther
    True, this may be the ultimate goal, to eliminate state LEOs, then turn all law enforcement over to the SOs and PDs.

I can't see anyone in our chain of command or PBA going to the legislature and saying we need parity pay with the national average pay for LEOs to encourage people to apply to FWC or keep qualified employees from moving on to better paying jobs.

I see an entry level officer earning parity with a security guard soon. It will only take a couple of years.
    Yeah, I guess that’s why our academy is two and a half months longer than most others. With all due respect…You sir, are clueless! Or is your handle really Troller, not truther?

Quote Originally Posted by guest7909
    Quote Originally Posted by truther

Yeah, I guess that’s why our academy is two and a half months longer than most others. With all due respect…You sir, are clueless! Or is your handle really Troller, not truther?
    Academy to "guard" fish? -OMG! We should do away with that also .

I was going to apply, but I was advised that FWC had taken in a lot of Ag and DEP Officers to fill up the vacant slots... can anyone help me find out..? And, if the AG and DEP Officers retire, they will be replaced by regular FWC Officers? just hoping to join...

Quote Originally Posted by apply 1
    I was going to apply, but I was advised that FWC had taken in a lot of Ag and DEP Officers to fill up the vacant slots... can anyone help me find out..? And, if the AG and DEP Officers retire, they will be replaced by regular FWC Officers? just hoping to join...
    The merger was last year. We have been hiring a lot of people since then and still have vacancies. The brass is being affected by the merger more than the officers. As some captains and above are retiring, their positions are being eliminated or moved. The officer positions from DEP and AG Law remain and will be filled as officers come available. The academy is teaching not only traditional FWC subjects but also DEP and AG Law as well. In my area, I was advised that some of our vacant DEP positions would be filled by officers coming out of the academy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345