FHP's Latest

Thread: FHP's Latest

FHP's Latest

FHP and the media was at 836 & SW 87 Ave (westbound) this afternoon running laser to catch marked police vehicles speeding. Unbeliveable!!!!

Re: FHP's Latest

One of the Miami PIO's checked this out and they were filming something unrelated. Lets be careful about making a terrible situation worse. Don't let the actions of a couple people create more drama.

THIS TROOPER LET HER EGO GET THE BEST OF HER,I HOPE ALL POLICE AGENCIES RETURN THE SAME COURTESY TO FHP...KARMA

Quote Originally Posted by lawman_007
    THIS TROOPER LET HER EGO GET THE BEST OF HER,I HOPE ALL POLICE AGENCIES RETURN THE SAME COURTESY TO FHP...KARMA
    Recent news aticles have brought attention to this forum and focused on the talk of retaliation for the stop and arrest of the Miami Officer. In a time where the budgets are facing huge cuts and the County Commission and Mayor are eyeing ways of making major cuts to the police including take home cars, acting like a bunch of thugs that should be immune from the laws we enforce will not help our image. Making a broad threat of targeting all troopers for the act of one reinforces the growing public dislike of police and does harm to the majority of the professional police officers of the Miami-Dade Police. Please take your childish behavior somewhere else or go find another profession.

Actually the media is watching this forum. Never heard such a discussion forum exists till the WSVN clip. Just so you know, reporters, photogrphers, and film crews are civilians too. When we drive to work on the turnpike and see (and record) Hialeah, Miami Beach, Miami Police, Miami-Dade, Sweetwater Police, and all those Enterprise rentals with blue portable lights driving at high speed on the shoulder of the Turnpike as civilians are forced to obey the traffic laws, it generates an overall resentment for the abuse of those officers authority. I'll tell you that the broad opinion among the reporters and film crews is that this event has brought to light abuses that we all see every day while sitting in rush hour traffic. The failure of police agencies particularly Miami-Dade County and city agencies to stop and check on disabled motorists or drive around traffic crashes is also well noticed. The behavior and comments on these forums are shocking.

wow so shocking.. this could be your next story.. oh it already has plus more like watching P/O's drive home and stop for laundry and kids, living in Naples.. or west coast...or just plain acting like idiots.. yes we all have these in every profession.. and all of these should be handled by the agency or company swiftly and corrected when brought to ones attention.. however I have seen the news slant many stories it is called sensationalism! Yes I have been a P.O over 38 years and in my younger days made some stupid decisions..they were dealt with and I was a better person in the future.. but some just should not be P.O/s so is that WATTS or LOPEZ or maybe BOTH!

I have been in law enforcement for 24 years. I cannot believe there are other officers defending the actions of this idiot Miami officer driving 120 MPH to an off duty detail. And then to top it off, you have other idiot officers making threats on-line to the trooper who was doing her job and trying to justify the Miami officers actions. Just goes to show that what I tell my recruits is true. There are officers in this profession that have absolutely no business being in our profession! If I were the Chief, that officer would have been fired on the spot!!!!

I heard that the GPS on his vehicle registered 96 not 120 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by guest 246
    Can't be that means that trooper watt was lying or just embellishing the speed to make it look worse than it was. Troopers dont lie..........right, it must be some type of mistake because she said 120 so it must be....right. I wonder what the sheep (public) are going to think of this revelation. 96% of the public has driven 96 miles per hour, (I once had a trooper tell me that so it MUST be true....right????)

:roll: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by guest 246
    I would bet that he was going in the 90's range and passed her while she was parked. She probably had to go 120mph to catch up to him. At this point it doesn't matter though, because the media has managed to make ALL of us look bad. They have turned this into a FHP vs cops thing and thats just not true. I believe Watts is a problem child and I would love for the media to get her personnel file, like they did the MPD guys.