Open Positions SED PP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Open Positions SED PP

Quote Originally Posted by GTR at SWD
    We like making the copies so we can hide in the office.I must say ,we are very good at it.I do hate when the original gets wet,I get very stressed out when that happens.I love my job at DEP.
    Don't know where you work at, are you sure it says DEP on the side of your vehicle?
    First, we were issued printers that will also make copies (imagine that).
    Second, the vast majority of us don't have an office (where are you at?)
    The officers in my area have a high activity rate which includes a mixture of arrests, citations, traffic warnings, UTCs, and resource warnings.
    I do agree with the statement that I love my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you are the one posting that applicants should not attempt to get a job with DEP due to the fact that it is being "merged with FWC this year", than yes you are an idiot.

First, the budget was approved for this year and there is no merging of FWC and DEP

Second, a commission was formed to look at possible consolidation of law enforcement agencies that duplicate functions. This includes administrations, IT, equipment, training, etc. The committee must have a plan that can be put in place by June 2013. A committee was formed that will look at FWC, AGLAW, and DEP. If you are living in a cave and aren't aware of this, check the DHSMV web page for details.

The facts are that while some of the FWC, AGLAW, and DEP duties overlap, their areas of responsibilities and many duties generally do not.

What this means, is if there is a consolidation, they will have to do it in such a way as to ensure the primary responsibilities of each agency continue to be met. Based on past mergers such as when FMP and GFC combined and the recent FHP and MCCO, it is doubtful that any of the Officers, LTs, or Captains will lose their job. It is likely that under a consolidation, there will be a single administration and FWC, AGLAW, and DEP will continue their current missions with the added ability to more easily coordinate actions and transfer between departments.

As for the last part, if someone does not get hired prior to a consolidation, it is likely that any existing vacancies within FWC, DEP, or AGLAW will disappear as a result of cost cutting.

Park Police being merged with FWC this year.
    Get some integrity. Instead of spreading rumors, stick to what you know.

No one knows what the end result of the consolidation committee will be. Whatever the result, the consolidations are supposed to be in effect by June 2013.
    What is known. If you are a LEO with us prior to the consolidations, you will most likely have a job after the consolidations. If you are waiting like some of the idiot posters suggest, then it is a good possibility that you will not be hired. In the event of any consolidation, all vacancies will likely disappear.
    You call me an idiot poster and tell me to stick to what I know. However you then go ahead and make your own speculation saying "If you are a LEO with us prior to the consolidations, you will most likely have a job after the consolidations". :roll:
    Thanks for your "guess" on what will happen. :snicker:

At least it is an educated guess based on current and past conditions/actions. I would "guess" you prefer the posts that predict gloom and doom for anyone associated with DEP and is not currently working for a PD/SO.

If you are the one posting that applicants should not attempt to get a job with DEP due to the fact that it is being "merged with FWC this year", than yes you are an idiot.

First, the budget was approved for this year and there is no merging of FWC and DEP

Second, a commission was formed to look at possible consolidation of law enforcement agencies that duplicate functions. This includes administrations, IT, equipment, training, etc. The committee must have a plan that can be put in place by June 2013. A committee was formed that will look at FWC, AGLAW, and DEP. If you are living in a cave and aren't aware of this, check the DHSMV web page for details.

The facts are that while some of the FWC, AGLAW, and DEP duties overlap, their areas of responsibilities and many duties generally do not.

What this means, is if there is a consolidation, they will have to do it in such a way as to ensure the primary responsibilities of each agency continue to be met. Based on past mergers such as when FMP and GFC combined and the recent FHP and MCCO, it is doubtful that any of the Officers, LTs, or Captains will lose their job. It is likely that under a consolidation, there will be a single administration and FWC, AGLAW, and DEP will continue their current missions with the added ability to more easily coordinate actions and transfer between departments.

As for the last part, if someone does not get hired prior to a consolidation, it is likely that any existing vacancies within FWC, DEP, or AGLAW will disappear as a result of cost cutting.

Park Police being merged with FWC this year.
    Get some integrity. Instead of spreading rumors, stick to what you know.

No one knows what the end result of the consolidation committee will be. Whatever the result, the consolidations are supposed to be in effect by June 2013.
    What is known. If you are a LEO with us prior to the consolidations, you will most likely have a job after the consolidations. If you are waiting like some of the idiot posters suggest, then it is a good possibility that you will not be hired. In the event of any consolidation, all vacancies will likely disappear.
    You call me an idiot poster and tell me to stick to what I know. However you then go ahead and make your own speculation saying "If you are a LEO with us prior to the consolidations, you will most likely have a job after the consolidations". :roll:
    Thanks for your "guess" on what will happen. :snicker:

Yes the truck says Police,it use to say State Law Enforcement.Just messing with you all with the copies stuff.I to love my job at the DEP.Great people and equipment.$$$$$ not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR at SWD
    Yes the truck says Police,it use to say State Law Enforcement.Just messing with you all with the copies stuff.I to love my job at the DEP.Great people and equipment.$$$$$ not so good.
    I agree.

DEP is the scum of law enforcement. You dump calls and know nothing. I hope you are merged and purged to an agency with some competency and class.

DEP is the scum of law enforcement. You dump calls and know nothing. I hope you are merged and purged to an agency with some competency and class.

So don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think.

This comes from someone who didn't even make it to the interview. Don't quit your job at Wackenhut, someday they may actually let you carry a gun.

Got to admit it,we do call the real Police to handle a lot of calls.Ie:Staffing,Limited Hours,Major Crimes etc. Just saying How It Is......

Quote Originally Posted by HU-187
    Got to admit it,we do call the real Police to handle a lot of calls.Ie:Staffing,Limited Hours,Major Crimes etc. Just saying How It Is......
    The only ones who refer to any type of agency as "real police", haven't served in both DEP and an SO or Police agency. We have a specialized function dictated by the type of areas we patrol, the time when we are most needed, resources and manpower.
    S.O. and police agencies have agriculture, marine, school resource, motor officers, etc. Many of these agencies have their officers/deputies on one shift, not a 24 hour operation. They specialize in one main area meaning that if an agriculture deputy rolls up on a crash, they will frequently call for a traffic unit. I have seen traffic units that never worked a shoplifting or domestic. I have seen school resource deputies that wouldn't work a crash that occurred on school property. Just like anyone else, we do get call outs on our days off and after hours. I have been called out for a missing person. While this is not frequent, the examples I gave above don't get called out much either (the school resource officer never responded to an alarm call at night or the weekend).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12