In the tank

Thread: In the tank

In the tank

I wonder who is a mod? No names were mentioned and still deleted? Someone's in the tank....this is a real whistle blowing issue of great importance to agency morale. Let freedom of speech reign. No one posts here anymore, if they do, it doesn't stay long.....great dead website!

Re: In the tank

I saw your post, and saw how fast it got yanked too. It does make one wonder about the MOD. Plenty of crap has been posted here with names, ID numbers, or enough descriptives to figure it out, and they are left up for all to see. Guess it just depends if the MOD is friends with you or the other guy, huh? So much for an open forum where we can express ourselves, air concerns, air complaints, etc. At least you were willing to try

tank, I didnt see the post your talking about but I did see the poison one that got yanked to. I agree the mod is friends with alot of the discussed persons. No wonder noone comes on here anymore, its become a site against free speech. U cant air your concerns here if they have anything to do with the mod and his buddies. Funny that the mod would hang with all the people who are complained about. I say we find another site where we can speak freely without oppression of the mod-admin

Mod is friends with everyone - just doing their best to ensure all rules are followed.

FOP says boycott Leoaffairs: Straight from St Pete Times article, wait for this to get deleted....

The national Fraternal Order of Police union is urging its members to boycott the website LeoAffairs.com, which allows police officers to vent about everything from criminals to their own union leaders and chiefs.

Florida Fraternal Order of Police president Jim Preston confirmed that the national organization approved the resolution during a conference in Utah on Wednesday, which follows an earlier decision by the Florida union to pass a similar resolution.

Preston, a co-founder of the website, said the resolution began because "a couple of the members from Miami Beach felt that it was detrimental to our organization."

He said union officials complained that "their own people were posting things on the website that talked about active investigations, labor negotiations, that talked about the leadership" of the union and other issues. He declined to give his own opinion on the resolution, which called the website "controversial, divisive, and harmful to FOP business."

LeoAffairs.com's organizers boast that 500 law enforcement agencies in 18 countries use and benefit from its pages of career-related information. But its most popular feature is the chat room, where, behind screen names, users sling opinions and merciless gossip about police work.

In 2005, a judge denied a Hills*borough Sheriff's Office request to learn the identities of anonymous posters who made unsavory comments about the agency on the site. An attorney for the Sheriff's Office said he wanted to depose some posters to learn about cases they criticized, but the site's lawyers said the intent was to silence critics. An appeals court agreed.

In 2004, a top St. Petersburg police official asked the website to shut down a chat room devoted to the department because of what he said were critical and racially tinged comments. The website refused.

Chip DeBlock, a Tampa police officer who also helped found the site, calls it an "officers rights" website. He said the idea was to give police a forum for discussing important issues, "exposing problems without the fear of persecution or reprisal."

Asked if this was a case of people in power trying to stifle criticism, DeBlock said: "That's certainly what the troops think, and that's certainly what's being related to me."

DeBlock said LeoAffairs has "terms of use" and that inappropriate comments can be deleted by moderators.

"I'm disappointed (about the vote), not because I believe the boycott will be successful but because I think the FOP has decided to ignore these cries of help from its members," DeBlock said.

St. Petersburg Detective Mark Marland, president of the Suncoast Police Benevolent Association, said not everyone has always been a fan of the site. He doesn't visit it.

"When it first came out,

I just wanted to point out a person who is devastating to morale and is being given special treatment. I can't do this in person for fear of reprisal.

Easy, if we even say what about the person who is...... the Mod is going to hack this post! The Admin knows the truth about these people but they act like they dont. What?? so and so said what? Noooooooooo that cant be right! You just dont know how to take them...Its just the way they are...Oh, you are taking them wrong... Trust us we heard every excuse by the high ups to take up for the protected class of about 5. I think hostile is an underrated term for their conduct and behavior. write it down and keep your notes!

I got banned for telling the truth! My comment did not identify a specific person or even allude to that person.....thank god for TOR and proxies. I have to send a message to the website owner because he has a corrupt member of PPPD as a mod here.