Cuban flag in front of city hall

Cuban flag in front of city hall

Why is there a Cuban flag in front of city hall?

I mean I don't have a problem with city hall representing their Latin American citizens but Hialeah Gardens
    doesn't only have Cubans living in it. I have a Colombian wife and my neighbors are from Guatemala, the
    guy across the street from me is Puerto Rican and I play soccer with Venezuelans and Argentinians who all
    live in Hialeah Gardens.

If you want to represent Latin America, fly all the flags of South and Central America. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Post Re: Cuban flag in front of city hall

Wh fly the Cuban flag at all on a "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA "POLICE DEPARTMENT..at all this is AMERICA not CUBA

Re: Cuban flag in front of city hall

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wh fly the Cuban flag at all on a "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA "POLICE DEPARTMENT..at all this is AMERICA not CUBA
    America???
    Dude I was stopped at a red light in Hialeah and like a dozen people tried selling water, pine apples, lemons, oranges, peanuts, and flowers to me. I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up to my car selling live chickens. LOL

Idiots, that flag is in front of the Brothers To The Rescue Monument which remembers the shot down rescue planes by the Cuban government. It has nothing to do with City Hall! Wow, what idiots!

Of course the flag is related to the City. The city owns the land where the monument sits, paid its construction and the flag. My problem is deeper than a foreign flag been flown in my country. It has to do with the fact that an american local government, Hialeah Gardens, even sponsors celebrating for a group of people that violated several laws (international) and now are seen as heroes. Why the double standard? If a foreign airplane, like a cuban owned MIG, enters within 5 nautical miles of USA's air space, you can bet it will be shot down or at a minimum diverted away the first time it happens. But if that same plane daunts USA several times in approaching American air space, you can bet that a shoot down is eminent. Now, some idiots in the US do the same to Cuba and are held as heroes. I just don't get it. Just politicians trying to gain power by pleasing some group of ignorant citizens. One thing I learn in 4 years of advanced education is to always look at the other side, the facts, analyze everything, and make a rational and logical statement. Yet, idiots in charge of our local governments have no clue to what they do.

If you were as smart as you claim you would realize, or at the very least do some research about this subject. The land was donated along with the work and materials. I donated some of the granite and feel proud to have done so. By the way the planes were in international waters and were not MIGs they were civilian zesnas, you should try living in Cuba for a year, not as a tourist but as a local, maybe you will change your mind. All the education in the world dosen't compare with real life events, if you were as smart and educated as you claim you would not be writing here about an event that killed three innocent people. You need four more years of school and about three of living in a dictatorship and you will then realize what an idiot you have been. I hope you continue to enjoy the freedoms we Cubans don't have in our country, such as writing what ever you want on this site. Now write whate you want i won't waste my time coming back to this site.

The Cuban Military does whatever it feels like and threatens the lives of American civilians out at sea.
    About 20 years ago I was deep sea fishing with friends 40 miles south of Key West. I see this boat coming
    up to us it had a cannon on the bow. I thought it may be the US Coast Guard but the boat was completely gray
    and had a Cuban flag flying on the stern.

They come up to us and asked in Spanish what we were doing? We told them we are US Nationals
    and we were fishing. They boarded our boat and searched it. Seeing we only had fishing equipment
    and fish. They asked us for passports. We told them we don't have passports on us so they wanted
    to arrest us. What saved us was that the captain of our boat showed his captain's license and convinced
    them we were fishing. I guess they could had done whatever they wanted but they decided to leave us be.

I had to change my underwear.

What right do they have stopping an American fishing boat in International Waters?
    We reported the incident to the US Coast Guard but I never heard anything else about the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot09
    Of course the flag is related to the City. The city owns the land where the monument sits, paid its construction and the flag. My problem is deeper than a foreign flag been flown in my country. It has to do with the fact that an american local government, Hialeah Gardens, even sponsors celebrating for a group of people that violated several laws (international) and now are seen as heroes. Why the double standard? If a foreign airplane, like a cuban owned MIG, enters within 5 nautical miles of USA's air space, you can bet it will be shot down or at a minimum diverted away the first time it happens. But if that same plane daunts USA several times in approaching American air space, you can bet that a shoot down is eminent. Now, some idiots in the US do the same to Cuba and are held as heroes. I just don't get it. Just politicians trying to gain power by pleasing some group of ignorant citizens. One thing I learn in 4 years of advanced education is to always look at the other side, the facts, analyze everything, and make a rational and logical statement. Yet, idiots in charge of our local governments have no clue to what they do.
    Dude the mig already landed and it wasn't intersected by the military. Just look at this Los Angeles Times article.
    Cuban MIG Eludes U.S. Radar Screen, Lands at Key West... http://articles.latimes.com/1993-09-19/ ... 1_key-west

September 19, 1993| Associated Press

A Cuban MIG jet landed Friday at Key West Naval Air Station, apparently without any U.S. agencies tracking its flight, government sources said.

The MIG-21 landed without incident at the base in the southernmost city in the continental United States, a State Department official said on condition of anonymity. Key West is only 90 miles from the Cuban coast.