Scott Israel
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Israel

Scott Israel

We are in the planning process of Scott Israel's campaign for Sheriff. We would like all FLPD officers who had the pleasure of working with Scott to volunteer their stories and experiences with Scott. We want to show that he was the best officer and leader FLPD had and that he would make the best Sheriff.

Remember, this site is viewed by the media from time to time. Please do not post controversial stories or those harmful to Scott's reputation. This is not the time or the forum to air your grievances or jealousies about Mr Israel. Stay safe.

Re: Scott Israel

Scott is a major Jerk. here we go again lets reach into our pockets for good old Scott. What the hell has he done for us. Where has he been since the last time he said hey let me have your money. Why is he so good for the job. What has he done in the last ten yers for any PD ????? Get off it Jay.

So much fot the kum-by-ya thing.

Thats for sure, he sucks !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    So much fot the kum-by-ya thing.

I worked with Scott Israel and his brother Ira for years. This guy was a nightmare on the street. We were so happy when he left Fort Lauderdale. Nobody could have a bigger ego or opinion of themself than him. He only thinks he was the shit in Fort Lauderdale, but in reality he was not liked at all. Mr. In Your Face.....Good bye... People were elated when he left North Bay Village too. He should give it a break. Can't get a Chief's job, can't make a short list, and thank God can't come back to Fort Lauderdale..... People in Fort Lauderdale will not vote from him, but he will keep telling everybody they will...

OMG! Israel has ruined the reputation of the Fort Lauderdale P.D. You are right, he is a total jerk. Does anyone remember when he got caught shoplifting on duty and people had to work to make it go away!!! His IA files missing,,,, right. Fort Lauderdale has never incidentally lost the complaints or files missing on anyone else,,,,, OMG Israel, give all of us in Fort Lauderdale a break. You can't win, everyones knows it, so why get all of us trashed in the paper again..... Move on....

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale Lt.
    OMG! Israel has ruined the reputation of the Fort Lauderdale P.D. You are right, he is a total jerk. Does anyone remember when he got caught shoplifting on duty and people had to work to make it go away!!! His IA files missing,,,, right. Fort Lauderdale has never incidentally lost the complaints or files missing on anyone else,,,,, OMG Israel, give all of us in Fort Lauderdale a break. You can't win, everyones knows it, so why get all of us trashed in the paper again..... Move on....

Hey Mr. Alleged Ft. Lauderdale LT, I am not a fan of Scott Isreal. But -OMG! I am going to have to call major B.S. on this one. Fort Lauderdale has lost a number of other complaints and files on certain officers charged and/or accused of wrongdoing. FLPD even used to have a policy and procedure for routinely purging personnel files of adverse entries. I know for a fact other officer's write ups and adverse personnel entrys have magically gone missing or never even made it to the file. Anyone who works there knows, if you are in the protected class, it is not at all uncommon for things to fall into a giant black holes. Things get swept under the rug and overlooked all the time.

I will agree that Fort Lauderdale P.D. has a damaged reputation. But it is not one individual that has ruined Fort Lauderdale P.D's reputation,it is that type of conduct by upper management that has ruined Fort Lauderdale P.D.'s reputation.

Since over 60% of the PD has less than 6 years on the job, most do not know Scott. Then you have the same ten old disgruntal people who pretty much fill the site with negative comments on nearly every topic. Lastly, anyone can post to this blog so don't assume those commenting actually worked with or for retired Capt Israel.

Unfortunately, holding people accountable as a supervisor does not always equate to being popular. I worked for him in SWAT and SID. He calls it the way he sees it and has a knack for surrounding himself with qualified personnel. He gave them room to work and was supportive. When he took over SWAT, the team had some good talent but prior command leadership was lacking. Despite not having previous experience, he learned quickly and assembled a core group of personnel who are responsible were able to raise the bar.

Scott was an accomplished Narc and Street Narcotics supervisor. He was great to work for so long as you were committed to doing the job right. BSO management has more back stabbing sub plots than a Shakespearan play. Lamberit is too weak to currect the problem. Nothing has changed under his regime. I feel Scott would offer an improvement. Having worked for a municpal PD, I think BSO would enjoy a better relationship with their Broward Law Enforcement counterparts.

Hey Mr oldtimer I was there with a lot more guys in the days of SPU on the beach with Scott . He was a a-hole then and now. Yea he was the was the Capt of the swat team but did nothing to imrprove it. If you remember it was the team that did that back then. Scott has been tring to ride the FLPD name for the last ten years. He a second rate Jr P.I. now and thats where he needs to stay. I also guess you were not in the IA investigations where ass was kicked but Scott could never rember that he was there with us. Try like laikee 80s Mr old timer when his brother wokred here. I am so so happy he was your star at SID. He still SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by FLPDLEO
    Since over 60% of the PD has less than 6 years on the job, most do not know Scott. Then you have the same ten old disgruntal people who pretty much fill the site with negative comments on nearly every topic. Lastly, anyone can post to this blog so don't assume those commenting actually worked with or for retired Capt Israel.

Unfortunately, holding people accountable as a supervisor does not always equate to being popular. I worked for him in SWAT and SID. He calls it the way he sees it and has a knack for surrounding himself with qualified personnel. He gave them room to work and was supportive. When he took over SWAT, the team had some good talent but prior command leadership was lacking. Despite not having previous experience, he learned quickly and assembled a core group of personnel who are responsible were able to raise the bar.

Scott was an accomplished Narc and Street Narcotics supervisor. He was great to work for so long as you were committed to doing the job right. BSO management has more back stabbing sub plots than a Shakespearan play. Lamberit is too weak to currect the problem. Nothing has changed under his regime. I feel Scott would offer an improvement. Having worked for a municpal PD, I think BSO would enjoy a better relationship with their Broward Law Enforcement counterparts.

I wasn't working for FLPD in the 80's like you "old timers" but its my understanding that the beach was a free for all back then. I'm not sure anyone was doing Community Policing with a bunch of drunk college kids and local derelicts.

So are you saying the previous SWAT commanders Mary N and Lenny S did anything special? That windbag Brian M? Please. Given the likes of some of our retired Capt's, I think Israel was on the better half. When I talk to BSO guys, they are not too complementary of Lamberti. If I were them, I'd pick Israel.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast