What about the Family?

What about the Family?

When is this dept going to do something to help Ofc. Crawford's family? Will there be any fundraisers or t-shirt sales or even an account at a local bank dedicated to his memory so people can make donations? Both the dept and the media have been silent about this. Could the higher ups in this dept. really be so heartless? He sacrificed his life. The least they can do is help take care of his family.

Re: What about the Family?

I don't know the specifics, but I have heard on the news and read in some news articles information on accounts set up for donations for Officer Crawford's family. I believe one is at a Wachovia & the then another organization. They also listed a number people could call to make donations via credit card.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: What about the Family?

Anyone wishing to donate funds to the families of the fallen officers may send contributions to:
    The Jeffrey Yaslowitz/Thomas Baitinger Memorial Fund or the Officer David Crawford Memorial Fund at a local Wachovia bank

or

Suncoast Law Enforcement Charities, Inc.
    14141 46th Street North, Suite 1205
    Clearwater, FL 33762
    Credit Card donations: 727-532-1722

Purchasing T-shirtsThe PBA has created memorial T-shirts to help raise money for the families of the fallen officers. The T-shirts can be purchased Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at:

Kevin Hannigan's Edward Jones Officer
    1216 66th Street, St. Petersburg
    (727) 345-4680

*Hannigan said they have a brand new design for Officer David Crawford T-shirts. They will start printing again Thursday morning.

They have exceeded more than 25,000 T-shirt sales for Yaslowitz and Baitinger.

There will also be special events held by organizations and businesses in the Bay area where the shirts will be available