Let's Go To Impasse - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Let's Go To Impasse

OMG, that's the same thing they do for overtime. I say we vote no to having overtime pensionable. It only helps the city. This is an outrage. NO PENSIONABLE OT OR OFF-DUTY EVER.

Have you ever considered that maybe at the end of your career, when you are working day shift or CID with weekends off, you don't really get too much court overtime? How is having more options to get to the cap a bad thing? Some day you may have a bad back and knees from driving that car around for 20+ years. At that point, working off-duty may be a welcome relief instead of having to hump calls on OT. I'd love to see if you still have the same enthusiasm 15 years from now.[/quote]
    I have been wearing a uniform and working PATROL for my entire career BY CHOICE. Here and another dept. I have respect for the old-timers and with over 16 years of patrol work, do not consider myself a old-timer. I have the mentality that the more you do, the more you deserve. If I CHOOSE to stay in patrol and make arrests and write tickets, I deserve the OT awarded of court, for I have earned it. If I CHOOSE to promote or transfer to a desk/suit with weekends off and not tied to the radio, I also expect to reep those benefits. But to all the greedy *******s out there, you can't have it all. I knew what I got into when I started POLICE work. I choose to work patrol and therefore I am rewarded OT via court. You choose to be DB or promote, you also are rewarded with DB/promoted stuff, but unfortunately lack OT...with your seniority, come back to patrol and start grunt work again....it's your CHOICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    quote]

Have you ever considered that maybe at the end of your career, when you are working day shift or CID with weekends off, you don't really get too much court overtime? How is having more options to get to the cap a bad thing? Some day you may have a bad back and knees from driving that car around for 20+ years. At that point, working off-duty may be a welcome relief instead of having to hump calls on OT. I'd love to see if you still have the same enthusiasm 15 years from now.
    So don't wait till the end of your career to hump and do some police work. If you can't meet the cap in your first ten years here you are one lazy cop. Period. Anyone here can easily meet the cap in their first ten years. Obviously you are one of the lazy ones.

NO TO THE FIVE YEAR DROP

Alex and the E-Board have pushed and pushed the off duty pension thing to death. However they have always said that you will break even with the off duty pay increase. Alex says the contract, if passed by the vote could go into effect soon there after. But we are voting with a contract that has holes. Your selling points have not been finalized on the off duty pay increase. The hell with a survey to off duty jobs just tell the Chief to raise the fee to the cops $ 3.00 and that is it. If not we could be waiting for months while 15% is being taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by beachpolicia
    So don't wait till the end of your career to hump and do some police work. If you can't meet the cap in your first ten years here you are one lazy cop. Period. Anyone here can easily meet the cap in their first ten years. Obviously you are one of the lazy ones.
    Sorry but I don't think you understand how the cap works. As years go by and the salary charts are bumped up, the cap goes on increasing. You earn your highest pay and premiums when your salary is highest, which happens at the end of your career. You may hit a theoretical cap this year, but in 2012 all salaries will be increased by 3%, so the cap is increased by 3% and you are now 3% below the cap. You must now do another two years of maximum OT to hit your new cap. This happens every time we get a COLA. Saying that you can hit the cap in the first 10 years is oversimplifying reality. And if you ever get promoted, you may need to start all over to hit the cap for the next rank. It just stands to reason that having several different options and not limiting yourself to only one method is a benefit. Think about it rationally and not emotionally.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567