Sheriff to Clearwater - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Sheriff to Clearwater

I wonder why all of the Deputies are coming on here pushing for a takeover? What interest do you have in a takeover? Like you've all been saying, it doesn't matter who does the job because it's all the same. And why wouldn't the officer's from CPD not want a takeover? Some have just less than vested time in and will be screwed if there is a takeover and as far as Sgt.'s go, they probably won't have a job. So it has nothing to do with who's better, so get off your high horse. It has all to do with families and careers. No one wants to do 11 years, then start over for less money. As much B.S. your boss is spewing, there is NO WAY he can put the same amount of cops on the road that CPD has. True, we all do the same job, but let's be real, he will have half the police covering and after the first contract is up, it will be the same as Dunedin. There will be nothing the CPD Commission can do at that point, but bow down to the Sheriff and his agenda. Having talked to several Deputies, all isn't rosey in S.O. land.

Some of the phrases you are using are the same ones you have been using to people who are reporting it back. Your identity is now known. You are on The List.

I guess what I dont understand is why Clearwater is not going after Dunedin and Safety Harbor, Take the cities away from Coats.

We just beat him down on his weak attempt to take over 911 you can do it to

PCSO has just ordered approximately 1000 new uniforms. Why would PCSO do that? The writing is on the wall folks. Clwtr can have an $8mil deficit or it can have a $3mil surplus. Just take a wild guess on what they're going to choose.

I feel for the CPD officers because it does suck to start over but after a few years you will forget all about it.

Oh and by the way the sheriff has stated publically that Clwtr WILL have the same number of LEO's on the street for the $11mil savings. Do you actually think that WHEN (and it will be) the contract is finalized that the sheriff is going to say I forgot to tell you but there is going to be 50 less LEO's on the street and the price tag is $5mil more. I DONT THINK SO!!

Welcome to PCSO, we are glad to have you and look forward to working with you. Good luck and be safe!!

Welcome aboard, CPD friends. Just a few words of advice to make the transition smooth.

Don't cop an attitude about losing your seniority. We've all had to pay our dues to get better days off and assignments.
    Don't smart off with the "how CPD used to do it better" stuff. The PCSO way is to be a team player and that means whatever the Sheriff says you smile about it and support it. You now work directly for an elected official so act like it.

Other than that, we are glad to have you all!

The FTOs were told to get their vacations out of the way because they are going to be busy training all the new CPD rookies when this happens. Sounds like it is a done deal. You CPD guys are a good bunch so PCSO is happy to have you!

I think we could handle the two calls per day your people handle without much additional training.

Quote Originally Posted by done deal
    The FTOs were told to get their vacations out of the way because they are going to be busy training all the new CPD rookies when this happens. Sounds like it is a done deal. You CPD guys are a good bunch so PCSO is happy to have you!
    Care to make a wager on that?

This is giving me a headache........what if the Sheriff doesn't pick us all up....hopefully one of the smaller agencies like Largo, Pinellas Park or the beaches will pick us up:/

Clearwater council leaning against replacing police with deputies

CLEARWATER — City Council members indicated Monday that they are not likely to replace the Clearwater Police Department with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

They'll take up the issue at a public meeting Thursday night at Clearwater's City Hall. But council members appear to be leaning against making this switch, even if it saves the city money. They made that clear during a work session Monday after they listened to presentations from Clearwater's police chief and Pinellas County's sheriff.

"I have always leaned toward keeping the Clearwater Police Department," said Mayor Frank Hibbard. "I think that is an important factor in our city."

Sheriff Jim Coats has given Clearwater a proposal estimating that he could save the city $10.8 million a year if it disbands its Police Department and contracts with the Sheriff's Office instead.

Coats would keep the same number of patrol officers and detectives working in Clearwater, but he would eliminate some police supervisors and other staffers whose jobs he says are duplicated at the Sheriff's Office.

Police Chief Tony Holloway told the council that switching to the Sheriff's Office would only save Clearwater $2.5 million in the first year, mainly because it would cost $6 million to shut down the Police Department and pay out money for retirements, layoffs, debt on police cars and leases on police computers.

[Last modified: May 17, 2010 06:05 PM]

Thank you Jesus!!!! The Council members have common sense and listened to the citizens.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast