Quote Originally Posted by Guest
I can't believe my ears! Sgt. TB a Lt? Now I know Coconut Creek has gone to hell. Any agency who puts a low-life douche of a human in any position of leadership is destined to fail. I had hope for the new chief but it seems like the old routine is still alive. I also agree with the previous comments about the department being top heavy. Ever heard the phrase "too many chiefs and not enough indians"? Creek was always that way but now it is laughable. Any real department would have serious issues with 2 sergeants supervising 6 patrol officers, but this is crazy. By the way, once the new Lieutenants and Sergeants are promoted, won't the road STILL be short? Ponder that you silly little freaks. Jump ship before it sinks.
As in many departments, the only thing that creates the "top heavy" aura is the fact that the 'few' have more in their pockets than the 'many'. It's only thanks to good testing skills and sucking up, that helps 95% of the applicants move up in the ranks. "Top heavy" may also mean that the rank causes an anaphylactic reaction, since so many seem to put on numerous pounds after their promotion.
If you were to test applicants on tactics and safety as opposed to laws and procedure, I can guarantee we'd all be happy with the outcome. Afterall, we just wanna make sure everyone makes it home safe.
I guess that's unheard of in this county. Over stuffed sheeps leading the wolves is how I see it.

Anyone else feel the same way?