Tampa police officer killed in Sulphur Springs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tampa police officer killed in Sulphur Springs

Is anyone going from the City of Miami or Metro ?

The world is a little worse off whenever we lose a warrior. He left in the heat of battle and enters a warriors resting place with the angels waiting to welcome him home.

Corporal Michael Roberts
    Lost in the Line of Duty
    May 12, 1971 - August 19, 2009

Funeral Service:
    Tuesday August 25, 2009
    10:30 AM
    St. Timothy Catholic Church
    17512 Lakeshore Drive
    Lutz, Florida 33558

He walks with GOD, before, now, and always.

"He Answered The Call”
    Today in the sun, I bid him farewell
    A man, a hero, I never knew well
    Like many before him, who answered the call
    Wearing a badge, he was destined to fall
    Though by choice a long life and a happy old age
    Would he have chosen, had he written the page
    But the office he chose never promised long life
    Just half of his salary, for his child and his wife
    He went without fear, into the darkness of night
    Bringing comfort to some, to some others light
    Easing their pain and calming their fears
    He did his duty, never asking for cheers
    A husband, a cop, he answered the call
    We bid him farewell for he gave his all

The memorial service today was absolutely beautiful and fitting for a man who gave his life so that others may live. It was amazing to see so many turn out to honor Cpl. Roberts. God bless his family and everyone in the law enforcement community. In case no one has told you today, THANK YOU for the sacrifices you make so that I, and my family and friends, are safe. And THANK YOU to your families for the sacrifices they make to support you in your duties.

-A safer citizen because of you.

I am so sorry for the loss of a brother whom I do not know. We all wear the same badge and go to these type of calls each night. I fear the day that each one of us, may have this fate. So love your family and friends each day with your hole heart, because we may not come home the next day. I will keep the officer's family in my prayers. As for the officers at Tampa PD, hold your heads high in this dark time of life , be safe my brothers! I am very sorry for your loss. Sometimes words do not express our love, care and concern for each other. A Deputy from Pasco County SO

Cpl. Micahel Roberts Charity Hockey Tournament

As many of you know, on August 19th, 2009, the Tampa Police Department suffered the loss of Cpl. Michael Roberts, an 11 year veteran Police Officer and K-9 handler. Cpl Roberts leaves behind a young family and many memories in the minds of his brothers and sisters at the Tampa Police Department. Cpl. Roberts was a member of the Tampa Police Department's Police and Fire Games Olympic hockey team.

On November 14th and 15th, 2009, Sportzone 2 in New Port Richey, FL will be hosting an inline hockey tourament in Cpl. Michael Roberts' honor. Members of the Tampa Police Department, Hernando County Sheriff's Office and the Pasco County Sheriff's Office are feverously working to make this tournament a success to honor Cpl. Roberts and to raise a little money for his family. If you are a hockey player, love to watch good hockey or just wanna be involved please go to the website set up @ mysite.verizon.net/restto6y. All the details are on the page and if you think you can do anything to help organize this event, that we hope to become an annual event, please contact me on the page.

Special rates on local hotels will be added to the website as they are arranged.

Thanks

Officer Kenny Petrillo
    Tampa Police Department

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12