Courtesy - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Courtesy

Re: Courtesy

F#cking New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I was written a couple weeks ago, and after doing some research I've learned that it's just FNG Syndrome. It's a sickness which bears no cure. FNG Syndrome has flown around FHP like the plague, and I think Troop A has it the worst. Thanks Wiley, Kemp, and Keyes.

They're not all bad. I've been stopped and given a break by some more senior guys. But I've looked on FHP's website for the FNG's I've been written by, and all of them are brand new. 115th, 116th. Go figure.
    You've already been written by three troopers, with the most senior being out of the 115th recruit class? Sounds like you need to re-evaluate your driving habits :shock:
    Mostly on the interstate, without a lot of traffic. Yea, I speed. It's not a crime, it's an infraction. I've never been in nor caused any accidents because I'm always aware of my surroundings.

I was written a couple weeks ago, and after doing some research I've learned that it's just FNG Syndrome. It's a sickness which bears no cure. FNG Syndrome has flown around FHP like the plague, and I think Troop A has it the worst. Thanks Wiley, Kemp, and Keyes.

They're not all bad. I've been stopped and given a break by some more senior guys. But I've looked on FHP's website for the FNG's I've been written by, and all of them are brand new. 115th, 116th. Go figure.
    You've already been written by three troopers, with the most senior being out of the 115th recruit class? Sounds like you need to re-evaluate your driving habits :shock:
    Mostly on the interstate, without a lot of traffic. Yea, I speed. It's not a crime, it's an infraction. I've never been in nor caused any accidents because I'm always aware of my surroundings.
    You are a hypocrite. You enforce the law upon others, but don't think you are to be held to the same standards. Your tone indicates that you are a "bully." Perhaps when you get enough points and lose your license, your agency will take your credentials. You must be an apologist for Obama--he was in law school when he got 14 parking tickets and never paid them until he ran for POTUS.

You are a disgrace to all of us that carry a LEO badge. Shame on you! :evil:
    :cop:

So if you see someone speeding & you should stop them & they didn't cause an accident, as long as they tell you they are aware of their surroundings they are good to go? Can they quote you on that?

I am an FHP Trooper, and I never have and never will write another Police Officer a ticket for any infraction.

In my position as a state officer I'm in an unmarked vehicle. I travel a lot so I'm in that car some time for what seems like hours. I've been stopped for speeding at least 4 times in the past few years by troopers and never, never been given a ticket. The troopers in my area are god guys...there's a couple I don't care for, but that's life. Having said that, these FNG's really don't know much about the thin blue line, they are too busy trying to be tough guys. I'll probably get a tick tomorrow.

You've already been written by three troopers, with the most senior being out of the 115th recruit class? Sounds like you need to re-evaluate your driving habits :shock:[/quote]
    Mostly on the interstate, without a lot of traffic. Yea, I speed. It's not a crime, it's an infraction. I've never been in nor caused any accidents because I'm always aware of my surroundings.[/quote]

[b][color=#800040]You are a hypocrite. You enforce the law upon others, but don't think you are to be held to the same standards. Your tone indicates that you are a "bully." Perhaps when you get enough points and lose your license, your agency will take your credentials. You must be an apologist for Obama--he was in law school when he got 14 parking tickets and never paid them until he ran for POTUS.

You are a disgrace to all of us that carry a LEO badge. Shame on you! YOUR the DISGRACE not the other officer who admits to being pulled over . I DOUBT you carry a real badge my guess wanna be.
    Guess what I have been pulled over 11 times in 11 years off duty and did not even realize I was speeding. And once with my lead foot wife driving on vacation out in the boonies doing about 7 over. Sometimes some very friendly conversation, sometimes stay safe . Sometimes hey headed to work or home BUT ALWAYS see ya. AND ONCE THE BEST a grizzled old vet saying Dam &* it your a cop right ? I had car off ,hands crossed on steering wheel with keys held up. AHHH I just pulled 5 in a ROW over what a day just show me your badge ahh see ya. The POINT IS GUESS WhAT all the times I was hauling a ^^ to work in poc I was intentially speeding and never got pulled over. SO YOU KNOW SPEED is b.s Sometimes it is enforced because the city wants it to for revenue sometimes not. I remember when some locals did not have a contract so they just stopped writing. Another time a very wealthy community got ticked they were getting pulled over so much so the Chief decided to move the writers and put the non writers on traffic. MY BET IS YOUR THE FIRST TO HAUL THE BADGE if your ligit and ask for prof courtesy. What a crock cops writing cops speeding tickets. Another point what about when a Prof wants a favor for his kid with the C average to get into Harvard. Or the Senator wants a morgage or etc etc. And your wrtiting a brother who would have your back ! SHAME ON YOU !

Mostly on the interstate, without a lot of traffic. Yea, I speed. It's not a crime, it's an infraction. I've never been in nor caused any accidents because I'm always aware of my surroundings.[/quote]

[ b ][ color=#800040 ]You are a hypocrite. You enforce the law upon others, but don't think you are to be held to the same standards. Your tone indicates that you are a "bully." Perhaps when you get enough points and lose your license, your agency will take your credentials. You must be an apologist for Obama--he was in law school when he got 14 parking tickets and never paid them until he ran for POTUS.

You are a disgrace to all of us that carry a LEO badge. Shame on you! YOUR (YOU'RE) the DISGRACE not the other officer who admits to being pulled over . I DOUBT you carry a real badge... my guess wanna be.
    Guess what I have been pulled over 11 times in 11 years off duty and did not even realize I was speeding. And once with my lead foot wife driving on vacation out in the boonies doing about 7 over. Sometimes some very friendly conversation, sometimes stay safe . Sometimes hey headed to work or home BUT ALWAYS see ya. AND ONCE THE BEST a grizzled old vet saying Dam &* it your (you're) a cop right ? I had (the) car off, hands crossed on steering wheel with keys held up. AHHH I just pulled 5 in a ROW over what a day just show me your badge ahh see ya. The POINT IS GUESS WhAT (WHAT) all the times I was hauling a ^^ to work in poc (POV) I was intentially (intentionally) speeding and never got pulled over. SO YOU KNOW SPEED is b.s Sometimes it is enforced because the city wants it to (be) for revenue sometimes not. I remember when some locals did not have a contract so they just stopped writing. Another time a very wealthy community got ticked they were getting pulled over so much so the Chief decided to move the writers and put the non writers on traffic. MY BET IS YOUR (YOU'RE) THE FIRST TO HAUL (OUT) THE BADGE if your (you're) ligit (legit) and ask for prof courtesy. What a crock cops writing cops speeding tickets. Another point what about when a Prof wants a favor for his kid with the C average to get into Harvard. Or the Senator wants a morgage (mortgage) or etc etc. And your (you're) wrtiting (writing) a brother who would have your back ! SHAME ON YOU !

While on message board patrol, I scanned a post in excess of twelve errors over the two error limit. A grammar stop was initiated. I noticed improper quoting, improper color font usage, proper use of "you are" followed in the following sentence by improper use of "your", a second improper "your" usage (although this may have been how the "grizzled old vet" said it), misspelling the acronym "POV", unintentionally misspelling "intentionally", omission of "be", a third and fourth improper use of "your", omitting "out", illegitimate spelling of "legit", coming up short and needing a bailout on "mortgage", failing to properly right a "writing" wrong, and a fifth and final improper use of "your". It is noted "your" was properly used in several instances, so this reduced the 5th offense from a felony to a misdemeanor.

I also noted inconsistent capitalization and spacing. Corrections were made without further comment and these were not counted in the total number of violations over the posted limit. See ya.

The violator was issued several notices to appear at the Department of Correction.

The GPD believes in education (just not the federally funded kind) as well as enforcement. It is worthwhile to recap your vs. you're here:
    A frighteningly large percentage of individuals fail to understand the difference between the words "you're" and "your". Here is a quick and dirty crash course on this common usage problem.

Tips

* Remember that you're is actually a combination of two words and thus fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause. Because it includes both a pronoun and a verb, you're will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.
    * Try replacing “your” or “you’re” with “you are” if you are unsure which to use. If the sentence makes sense, use “you’re.” Remember that only “you’re” is a contraction, and it omits the letter “a.” The apostrophe in “you’re” signifies the omission of the letter “a.” If the sentence does not make sense, you will know to use “your.”
    * For example:
    “You’re a good writer!” ? “You are a good writer!”
    “You are” makes sense in this sentence, so you can use “you’re.”
    ”I cannot read you're handwriting.” ? "I cannot read you are handwriting."
    “You are” does not make sense in this sentence, so you should use “your.”
    * Try not to think that proper writing is strictly "academic". It makes you appear more intelligent. More importantly, it eliminates the risk of bad habits "slipping out" in situations in which it is critical to convey properness, such as writing a college essay or a job résumé. It also keeps the Grammar Police at bay.
    * Just remember "You're not spelling your words correctly," and it all falls into place.
    * While acceptable in text messaging, the increasingly popular "ur" should never be used in writing.

Dear GP
    I unlike many here really enjoy your posts for the humor and the education. While I speak quite eloquently my writing skills leave much to be desired. In my defense of the above corrected message. The posting board is slipping and not allowing me to see it as I type. And it is not easy to bring it back to correct the mistakes. Furthermore in my defense I cannot type. I am a one finger look at the keyboard 53 year old male. This message board does not feature spell check either. I will be seeking an advisement from the judge with a waiver of court costs as I am a LEO. Of course I am ignorant of Florida statue/law and hope this is possible. As the writing Officer you will have to concur. I already spoke with the assistant prosecutor and he stated " the less work for me the better."

Dear GP
    I unlike many here really enjoy your posts for the humor and the education. While I speak quite eloquently my writing skills leave much to be desired. In my defense of the above corrected message. The posting board is slipping and not allowing me to see it as I type. And it is not easy to bring it back to correct the mistakes. Furthermore in my defense I cannot type. I am a one finger look at the keyboard 53 year old male. This message board does not feature spell check either. I will be seeking an advisement from the judge with a waiver of court costs as I am a LEO. Of course I am ignorant of Florida statue/law and hope this is possible. As the writing Officer you will have to concur. I already spoke with the assistant prosecutor and he stated " the less work for me the better."
    The GPD appreciates your candor and predicament. Many GPD officers are familiar with one finger typists, although they are not usually typing at the time of the use of the finger.

As a public service, the GPD suggests you obtain a free download of Mozilla Firefox, which incorporates a built-in spell check feature by underlining questionable words.

Unfortunately, this particular message board is of the "fire and forget" nature of guest posting, which means you cannot edit the post once you submit it. For this reason, it is critical that citizens properly prepare professional posts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345