Ride-A-Long - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride-A-Long

Re: Ride-A-Long

You also have to write a letter explaining what educational benefits this will give you.
    Example if you are a student, a police applicant, etc.. Give the letter to the troop major.

I am disgusted by the amount of grammar errors littering this thread. GPD, please respond to this 404 violation ASAP.

The GPD received several *GPD calls regarding numerous 404 violations. One citizen reported their IQ as dropping several points by the time they had gotten to the end of the thread.

The Grammar Investigative Team- Region- D Of Naples East (GIT-R-DONE) was requested due to the volume of errors, which were equated to a law enforcement response to a mass casualty incident. After an initial assessment, it was determined there was insufficient red ink available within a 50 mile radius, so supplies were requested. Once received, the several posts were corrected as follows (quotes removed for clarity):

Ride-A-Long
    New post by colin239 on 07/26/09 14:47:34
    How long does it take to get a ride along approved? An (And) what do you do when you are in (on) a ride along?

New post by Guest on 07/26/09 16:19:55
    Visit your neatest FHP station and see if there are any troopers there to talk too (to). In our policy, we have a form that you need to fill out. We run a criminal check, but if nothing turns up, then there's no reason why you can't ride with us during a shift.
    One thing though, you can't be an immediate family member of a trooper.

New post by Guest on 07/26/09 16:47:38
    Depends on the troop though. Some troops only allow ride alongs if you have a legitimate (reason). For example you currently have an app in and others... I know of several people who were turned down here for ride alongs and had nothing wrong with there (their) record..

New post by colin239 on 07/26/09 17:08:46
    yea (Yeah) its (it's) probably been 2 weeks now sense (since) i (I) filled out a form. i (I) live in Naples. i (I) currently have my app in right (.) i (I) have to take my cjbat and pat test September 21st. ill (I'll) call tomorrow and see what happen (happens). and i (I) dont (don't) have any family members that are with FHP.

New post by Guest on 07/26/09 17:25:09
    This is true.
    No ride alongs unless what permitted per FHP policy.
    It also depends where you are in the process.

New post by Guest on 07/26/09 17:26:18
    You can ride along with me.

New post by Guest on 07/26/09 18:52:44
    Policy says (it) take (takes) 30 days.

New post by colin239 on 07/26/09 19:06:18
    Are you in troop F?

New post by Guest on 07/26/09 21:30:54
    No, one troop east of it.

New post by Guest on 07/27/09 11:09:18
    You also have to write a letter explaining what educational benefits this will give you.
    Example if you are a student, a police applicant, etc.. Give the letter to the troop major.

The GIT-R-DONE unit is hopeful the original posting citizen is indeed a student and suggests they embark on a read along with an approved grammar text before writing any letters.

Quote Originally Posted by GPD
    The GPD received several *GPD calls regarding numerous 404 violations. One citizen reported their IQ as dropping several points by the time they had gotten to the end of the thread.

The Grammar Investigative Team- Region- D Of Naples East (GIT-R-DONE) was requested due to the volume of errors, which were equated to a law enforcement response to a mass casualty incident. After an initial assessment, it was determined there was insufficient red ink available within a 50 mile radius, so supplies were requested. Once received, the several posts were corrected as follows (quotes removed for clarity):

Ride-A-Long
    How long does it take to get a ride along approved? An (And) what do you do when you are in (on) a ride along?

Visit your neatest FHP station and see if there are any troopers there to talk too (to). In our policy, we have a form that you need to fill out. We run a criminal check, but if nothing turns up, then there's no reason why you can't ride with us during a shift.

Depends on the troop though. Some troops only allow ride alongs if you have a legitimate (reason). For example you currently have an app in and others... I know of several people who were turned down here for ride alongs and had nothing wrong with there (their) record..

yea (Yeah) its (it's) probably been 2 weeks now sense (since) i (I) filled out a form. i (I) live in Naples. i (I) currently have my app in right (.) i (I) have to take my cjbat and pat test September 21st. ill (I'll) call tomorrow and see what happen (happens). and i (I) dont (don't) have any family members that are with FHP.

This is true.

Are you in troop F?

The GIT-R-DONE unit is hopeful the original posting citizen is indeed a student and suggests they embark on a read along with an approved grammar text before writing any letters.

Wow, you really have nothing else better to do. That's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GPD

Ride-A-Long

This is true.

Are you in troop F?

Wow, you really have nothing else better to do. That's pretty sad.

I agree.

From this post, it seems that some troops are allowing "non-applicant" ride alongs, while others are only allowing ride alongs for current applicants. Troop D is only allowing ride alongs from current applicants. It is unfortunate. Recruits or gradutes from Valencia and CJ students from UCF have asked to go on ride alongs to see exactly what FHP does, as compared to the Sheriff's Office, prior to applying to agencies, and we tell them no. We have a hard enough time getting decent qualified recruits. This policy seems to be partially shutting out a good source of potential applicants, and funneling them to the Sheriff's Office, where we lose most of our recruits and around half of our new Troopers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    From this post, it seems that some troops are allowing "non-applicant" ride alongs, while others are only allowing ride alongs for current applicants. Troop D is only allowing ride alongs from current applicants. It is unfortunate. Recruits or gradutes from Valencia and CJ students from UCF have asked to go on ride alongs to see exactly what FHP does, as compared to the Sheriff's Office, prior to applying to agencies, and we tell them no. We have a hard enough time getting decent qualified recruits. This policy seems to be partially shutting out a good source of potential applicants, and funneling them to the Sheriff's Office, where we lose most of our recruits and around half of our new Troopers anyway.

Its not up to the trooper, the form goes all the way up to the major of your troop who must sign off on it...

I would have NEVER taken this job if I did some ride alongs before I was hired.

My mistake I see you said troop and yes you are correct some troops are allowing ride alongs and some are not...

Exclamation Re: Ride-A-Long

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

My mistake I see you said troop and yes you are correct some troops are allowing ride alongs and some are not...

Troop F’s ride along program was changed somewhere along the line, giving new meaning to the old outdated program. Changing it into, the unofficial date along program. A fine time was had by all. ops:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast