FOP Meeting Last Night - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: FOP Meeting Last Night

the 3 holidays should be re-paid because they are part of our benefit package. If not this budget year, then next. You cannot take something from a negotiated benefit package. The FOP is mismanaged and they do not have the knowledge to do what needs to be done. I always believed in Ken but learned, first hand, he lacks the knowledge it takes to negotiate contracts and provide legal support to Deputies under investigation.
    These issues are very important. We sit and do nothing, when we should be screaming at the top of our lungs, collectively. This is not about the department as a whole. Our leadership is self serving and they dont care about you or I. This is our Department and I take pride in serving my community. I could care less about the political BS that happens daily. If we dont take a stand, things will get worse. I dont think the present board of the FOP will be able to take the necessary steps to serve our best interests. The Sheriff signed the contract, gave us his word and then broke it. Nobody is being held accountable.

Good Luck there - they can't even handle that sh!thole of a City where the whole board work. No thanks: Teamsters!![/quote]

I know the City of St. Pete wanted to freeze their pay and they fought it by going to a budget forum and lobbying their City Council people and low and behold it appears they have defeated the Mayor by the majority of their Council siding with the Union. Here the FOP caved and we lost things without a fight....Good Bye FOP

Quote Originally Posted by RB
    the 3 holidays should be re-paid because they are part of our benefit package. If not this budget year, then next. You cannot take something from a negotiated benefit package. The FOP is mismanaged and they do not have the knowledge to do what needs to be done. I always believed in Ken but learned, first hand, he lacks the knowledge it takes to negotiate contracts and provide legal support to Deputies under investigation.
    These issues are very important. We sit and do nothing, when we should be screaming at the top of our lungs, collectively. This is not about the department as a whole. Our leadership is self serving and they dont care about you or I. This is our Department and I take pride in serving my community. I could care less about the political BS that happens daily. If we dont take a stand, things will get worse. I dont think the present board of the FOP will be able to take the necessary steps to serve our best interests. The Sheriff signed the contract, gave us his word and then broke it. Nobody is being held accountable.

The FOP dropped the ball on the entire financial urgency and lost holidays. Who at the FOP was resposible. It wasn't Ken. The entire blame for that screw up goes to FOP President Jack Peterson. When the financial urgency was declared certain things were put in motion including requirements for impact bargaining. Jack wanted to give away the holidays in the first place. He tried to sign off on it without any input but realized there needed to be a vote. Us deputies and corporals voted it down. It was up to Jack to bring it back to the Sheriff and negotiate further. He dropped the ball and did nothing. That allowed the Sheriff to implement the changes unopposed. Now nothing can be legally done to reverse it. Not even the Sheriff can be blamed for this one. It was one person who wanted to accomplish his personal agenda. Where is he now? You Jack supporting die hards can defend him all you want. Those are the facts.

Self deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B
    Let me be the 1st to call total BS on this post. The day that Jack met with Car 1 and 2 about the holidays Julie tried to get him to sign a memo of understanding so they could take the holidays without declaring financial urgency. Jack refused. Let me say that again..... Jack refused.

I realize that a lot of folks just don't care about what gets taken from them. Even those that care refuse to get involved for fear of retribution from the agency. I, like many others have joined the PBA and realize that I have zero control over what the FOP does. I realize that they are a group of good hearted, good intentioned people who, for whatever reason, just don't get it.

I realize that they can send out 1,000 emails promising better communication, but until I see some actual communication it's just another empty promise. I also realize that the PBA probably wouldn't be able to get much more for us due to the current Right to Work situation in Florida. But I also know that the PBA would at least tell me they can't get the Holidays back, or they would poll the troops to find out if we want to go to impasse. And that would be enough.

And if you think it was so unfair for them to take the Holidays, what has the FOP done to rectify the situation? And if they haven't done anything, or realize it's a losing battle, why haven't we been told something, anything??

Stay safe,

Rich
    Oh, Oh!! Me, I know, I know!!! BECAUSE THE FOP ONLY CARES THAT YOU PAY YOUR DUES!!! So they can make decisions for you. So they can pay a worthless lawyer money for bad advice. And so that the beer keeps flowing and they can take trips on our dime for BULLSHIT!

Rich, You are misinfomed. Get your facts straight, your buddy Jack screwed it all up. And as for you, go drive PBA crazy with your mindless chatter about your fantasies. Do us all a favor and stfu. Anyone who truly knows you should know better than to listen to you.

Why you gotta slam Rich? I agree the new leadership has every right and the RESPONSIBILITY to address the holiday pay issue, so why haven't they? Reminds me of Obama blaming everything on Bush every chance he gets.

Self deleted.....Promised myself and my family I wouldn't get involved again.

Everyone stay safe! It's just a job.......

Dropped FOP for PBA too on 07/25/09 12:39:19
    SPPD is now accepting appications again maybe you should go to that sh!thole so you can be closer to your union.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete.org
    Dropped FOP for PBA too on 07/25/09 12:39:19
    SPPD is now accepting appications again maybe you should go to that sh!thole so you can be closer to your union.

I'd rather wait till the PBA gets enough cards signed to force a new vote, it's inevitable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12