Defend This - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend This

Re: Defend This

Maybe he should have gotten the union involved.... Oh wait.

That’s very possible, there is a plumber and pipe fitters union, but I don’t think the sandwich makers have one. Once thing is for sure, both of them get paid Time & ½ over 40 hours worked.

Why are you all belittling something you have no idea about? Any motorcycle club are a group of guys and gals who get together to ride and have fun along with camaraderie. The Defenders have donated time and money to several local charities, most dealing with fallen officers. What have you done lately for your fallen brothers and sisters? In 2008 a contingency of Defenders rode (not trailered) to Washington D.C. to present a check to the Law Enforcement Memorial for $10,000. What have you done lately? We all belong to groups from being in law enforcement, even down to your academy class.
    Being jealous of any one group or organization simply because you can not belong is petty and childish.

As for the Defender that was asking for a discount, there are several businesses in the area that do give discounts to Defenders because of the good they do in the community. How many deputies get a free or reduced meal at a local restaurant or get reduced rent for supposedly offering on site security, which by the way is against the law for both.

It would appear that you are a member of the Defenders so can you tell us what percentage of your membership is LEO or are retired LEO? Donating to worthy causes (toys for tots, etc.) is one of the Hells Angles favorite things to do to try and get the favorable public opinion. The Toys in the Sun Run if Broward County the largest toy run in the country is put on by the Outlaws. They provide security and collect $100’s k in cash. LOL what a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why are you all belittling something you have no idea about? Any motorcycle club are a group of guys and gals who get together to ride and have fun along with camaraderie. The Defenders have donated time and money to several local charities, most dealing with fallen officers. What have you done lately for your fallen brothers and sisters? In 2008 a contingency of Defenders rode (not trailered) to Washington D.C. to present a check to the Law Enforcement Memorial for $10,000. What have you done lately? We all belong to groups from being in law enforcement, even down to your academy class.
    Being jealous of any one group or organization simply because you can not belong is petty and childish.

As for the Defender that was asking for a discount, there are several businesses in the area that do give discounts to Defenders because of the good they do in the community. How many deputies get a free or reduced meal at a local restaurant or get reduced rent for supposedly offering on site security, which by the way is against the law for both.

It would appear that you are a member of the Defenders so can you tell us what percentage of your membership is LEO or are retired LEO? Donating to worthy causes (toys for tots, etc.) is one of the Hells Angles favorite things to do to try and get the favorable public opinion. The Toys in the Sun Run if Broward County the largest toy run in the country is put on by the Outlaws. They provide security and collect $100’s k in cash. LOL what a scam.

I have been assured by the executive board that the Defenders are within the percentage needed to be in compliance with the clubs bylaws. I would agree that sitting at some of the meeting would make one question what that percentage is. Remember they go by the percentages of the members on the roster, not who is at the meeting. The Defenders is not just a group of cops or retired cops it can also be military and retired military.

Since we are talking about the 1% clubs out there that pretend or try to look good in the public eye, lets not forget about our own deputies that have been caught stealing from suspects, bringing food and contraband to inmates, having sex with inmates, domestic violence, stealing 600k rings as a joke, exceeding the speed limit coming back from immokalee just because. Just because you wear a badge doesn't make you a "good" cop.

Back to the reason for this thread, going into it most people know how the Defender operate, getting mad because you can't be a full member because you are woman is just a waste of breath and energy on your part. There are plenty of clubs out there that will accept women, try joining one of them.

Here is a link to a list of them. http://bikersmag.com/html/women_mc.html

I can only wish my life was so easy that I could whine on and on about this motorcycle club. 5 flipping pages about who belongs to a motorcycle club, and if they are a LEO.

one of the best threads i have read on here yet. first one one i ever wrote to. passion from both sides is great. reality is, mc's will never win. because no matter how hard they try there will always be a section that will not be up to the club standards. but it is the over-all conduct and representation of the club that matters and hopefully filtering is a concern. being a retired (22 years) military person, the flag use has always been an issue with me. used as a patch on jacket? what about a lapel pin? ccso as all agencies have there rogue clicks, but the few times i have needed them they were nothing but proffesional and compassionate to the circumstances at hand. my father is retired pd and never took payoffs but a free cup of copy for thanks for doing a sometimes overly stressing job and having his presence observed is nothing compared to the monies that all our so-called public servant elected officials take on a daily basis.

caps left out intentionally

I don’t have a personal problem with the Defenders. I do have some colorful opinions about their patches, because they look corny and have vulgarity on them. I’ve met many of them and some of them are really nice guys. It’s the vulgar language on the vests that don’t emulate Law Enforcement but emulate 1% clubs. The American flag is the biggest issue, there is no reason anyone could give for disrespecting the American Flag especially at a time when Americans are dying on foreign soil.
    As for the prior military portion of that club, there can only be a couple or they forgot where they came from, because I wouldn’t be caught disrespect the American Flag if you held a gun to my head.

If the Taliban gave a donation to the Officer Memorial Fund, would they be a great bunch of people? Not comparing the Defenders to the Taliban, just trying to make a point. The Hells Angels, Outlaws, Mongols, Bandidos, Pagans all give large sums of money to charity and hand out Christmas toys, does that make them a great group of guys who support Law Enforcement?

It wasn’t too long ago that Collier SO hosted an OMG Conference, what’s up with that? If motorcycle clubs have no bearing on this board or to CCSO, then why the class?

Simply fix the American Flag and stop with the Vulgar patches.

You are correct about the vulgarity on the vest, this was addressed at a meeting and should have been taken off all the patches. Alas, there are a few who do not see a problem with it.

As for disrespecting the flag, I don't see it. Simply because there is a head band of red, white, and blue with stars? How is this disrespecting the flag? Don't most cops wear a flag pin of a modified flag on thier uniform? The Navy uses a combination of the red, white, and blue for a commissioning pennant that flies when in port on navel vessels, several military units have a modified flag built into the unit patch. I fail to see how this shows disrepect, yes according to the Flag Code it is, but then the government violates the code constantly. Does this mean they are intentionally disrepecting the flag? NO. . Now if you have a shirt made from a flag I might be with you, but not in this case.

As for the Taliban, thats just plain stupid, I'm not going to defend that.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast