Retired Officers Killed in Boating Accident? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: Retired Officers Killed in Boating Accident?

The Salt Lake Tribune
    Updated: 04/27/2009 05:04:39 PM MDT

Search crews have found a third body from a boat that sank during the weekend on Lake Powell.

Crews found the body of Terry Michael Taranto, of Prescott Valley, Ariz., late Monday morning, according to the National Park Service.

Robert Prescott is still missing.

National Park Service spokesman Brian Sweatland said three boats began searching the shoreline near Padre Bay about 7 a.m. The bodies of the two men's wives, Katherine Prescott of St. Petersburg, Fla., and Mary Anne Taranto of Prescott Valley, Ariz., were found Saturday and Sunday morning near Padre Butte.

A fourth boat is using sonar to search for the group's boat, which took on water and sank Saturday during a windstorm that produced blowing sand and high waves, Sweatland said.

"We still hope to make a rescue ... but we're in recovery mode, as well," Sweatland said.

A third couple made their way about 1,500 feet to shore after the boat went down.

"They were just lucky," said Kane County Sheriff's spokesman Tracy Glover. "They stuck together and held onto whatever they could."

After reports that the boating party was overdue, park rangers began searching by plane and helicopter. They rescued James and Heather Brady, of St. Pete Beach, Fla., Saturday afternoon on the shore near Padre Butte, Glover said. They were treated for hypothermia.

The Bradys are doing well and are on their way home, Sweatland said Monday.

Terry was one person that I met on the job that was never negative and always had a smile and laughed. Terry taught me and others to look to the future and always see what God had done for us and what he can do for us. I had the honor of working a case with Terry on his last day on the department, the investigation was running late and he called his wife to let her know he was not going to be home on time. Terry looked at what we do every day not as just a job but something we have the privilege of doing and to do it right. Terry will be missed, I pray that his family will be comforted by all the prayers I know they will receive.

Very sad! I worked in ORO with all of these guys. My heart goes out to their families.

Does anyone know if Mr. Prescott is still missing? I see that he has family members who have posted here...deepest sympathy for you and the rest of the families.

Here's another article
    http://www.prescottenews.com/news/lates ... ident.html

You're in my thoughts and prayers my fallen brother and extended families

Yesterday 4/29/09
    ST. GEORGE - Crews will resume the search today for a Florida man who has been missing since his boat sank in rough weather Saturday on Lake Powell. Recovery efforts were called off Tuesday afternoon because of high winds that created inclement conditions on the lake, said Brian Sweatland, a National Parks Service spokesman at the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

No further news ...

Re: Memorials

Regarding: Robert and Katherine PRESCOTT

A memorial serice will be held at 1 pm on Sat. May 2nd at Anderson-McQueen Funeral Home
    2201 9th St N, St Petersburg, Fl 33704
    Afterwards there will be a gathering of friends and family from 2-4 pm.
    In lieu of flowers their family is asking that contributions be made in each of their memories :
    either to the Museum of Fine Arts or to the Suncoast Police Benevolent Association , Inc
    or a charity of your choice.

The Prescott Family has an online questbook at http://www.AndersonMcQueen.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Regarding: Terry and Mary Anne TARANTO

The Taranto Family will receive friends on Sunday, May 3 from 12:00PM to 2:00PM at the Memorial Park Funeral Home,
    5750 49th St N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33709.
    A funeral service will be held at the funeral home at 2:00PM.
    Interment will take place in Memorial Park Cemetery immediately following the service.

Friends are invited to the PBA Office afterwards at 5:00pm.
    Please bring fun and happy stories of the Tarantos’ at the request of their family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of today my brother is still missing. His obituary has been printed in the St. Petersburg Times. The link is:

http://www.legacy.com/SPTimes/Obituarie ... =126722602

The link to view obituary and sign guest book on Anderson/McQueen is:

http://obit.andersonmcqueen.com/obitdis ... ng=Current

In both of these obituaries there was mistakes made. Please note that Bobby had 2 sisters that were not noted.
    Donna Sain Stoinski of Seminole, Florida & Patricia Ann Prescott, unknown location.

My brother Bobby was a kind but strong person. His support to our brother David Sain was unlimited in the end of his life. The loss of his support & care will be unmeasurable for our Mother & his Father. My prayer for all of us in the family who are grieving at this time is in this poem...

Time is...
    Too slow for those who wait,
    Too swift for those who fear,
    Too long for those who grieve,
    Too short for those who rejoice, But for those who love....
    Time is Eternity

Your Sister & Family,
    Donna Sain Stoinski & Husband Alex
    Niece Tara Stoinski
    Nephew Kenneth Stoinski & Wife Sandy
    Great Nieces Savannah & Sophia
    Great Nephew Alex

We appreciate our your kind words, thoughts, & prayers at this tragic time.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna sister to Bobby Prescott
    As of today my brother is still missing. His obituary has been printed in the St. Petersburg Times. The link is:

http://www.legacy.com/SPTimes/Obituarie ... =126722602

The link to view obituary and sign guest book on Anderson/McQueen is:

http://obit.andersonmcqueen.com/obitdis ... ng=Current

In both of these obituaries there was mistakes made. Please note that Bobby had 2 sisters that were not noted.
    Donna Sain Stoinski of Seminole, Florida & Patricia Ann Prescott, unknown location.

My brother Bobby was a kind but strong person. His support to our brother David Sain was unlimited in the end of his life. The loss of his support & care will be unmeasurable for our Mother & his Father. My prayer for all of us in the family who are grieving at this time is in this poem...

Time is...
    Too slow for those who wait,
    Too swift for those who fear,
    Too long for those who grieve,
    Too short for those who rejoice, But for those who love....
    Time is Eternity

Your Sister & Family,
    Donna Sain Stoinski & Husband Alex
    Niece Tara Stoinski
    Nephew Kenneth Stoinski & Wife Sandy
    Great Nieces Savannah & Sophia
    Great Nephew Alex

We appreciate our your kind words, thoughts, & prayers at this tragic time.
    Donna, blessings to you and your family.

Bob was a kind, patient man who was always very dilligent in his given assignments over the years at S.P.P.D. He is also the man that taught me early in my career and allowed me to have a career here at S.P.P.D. He earned and deserved a much longer retirement then what he was allowed. Maybe he was called home early for a reason. I hope you and your family find the strength to get you through this difficult period and you take the time to reflect and celebrate who he was and what he offered to others.

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx? ... 7953665578

I do not think the links my mother posted worked so I am posting them again. Would love for all who knew my Uncle Bobby to please post for family.

http://obit.andersonmcqueen.com/wrapper ... ng=Current

Thank you again for all your support & prayers!

Tara Stoinski

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12