Captain in PRB / Training
    Commander in Training / Accreditation
    Lieutenant in Training
    Lieutenant at Range
    Sergeant at Range
    3 Sergeants in Training

"10 SWAT deputies with nothing to do."Can you say wasteful spending."

Here's a quiz......

The person who made the above statement....

A. Has no clue as to what SWAT does.....
    B. Has a job that probably will be eliminated/consolidated and has an axe to grind
    C. Has been with this agency for approximately 15 minutes.
    OR
    D. All of the above

Re: more cost savings

The answer is "D" - All of above!

Here is another example of someone who has no clue what they are talking about and yet has an opinion on evrything! It reminds me of the folks who blog in the Naples Daily News...what a bunch of fools we have in this city. No wonder people thought that they could buy 5 houses with a yearly income of $50,000.00. They live in Never Land with Michael Jachson.

To those who think that SWAT has nothing to do may I suggest you sign up for the Shadow program and hang out with them for the day. OR how about asking going to Special Ops and asking for a tour. I guarantee you will spend the next hour being amazed at what they are responsible for and no one ever knows.

That goes for any unit at Special Ops for those of you who think they do nothing. Get up off your dead butt and participate in athe Shadow program or ask for a tour. Stop spreading lies and filth about a part of your support group who work hard when you need them! Maybe after spending some time with one of these units you just might become interested in doing something in this agency instead of down casting negativism and gloom among your peers and co-workers.

Grow up and find what is RIGHT about CCSO. You will be surprised at how fortunate you are to work for this agency!

Duane, First of all thanks for the excellent response concerning your job description and all the pilots responsibility. I didn't realize as a road deputy what's all involved in the Aviation Unit.

Thank you to all of you for what you all do.

It's not your job to respond to such ignorant folks who are so MISERABLE with themselves. Whatever you say they will find negativity with so don't waste your time.

The deputies with common sense won't even question your job description because they are more professional and respect the Aviation Unit. There are a few disgruntled immature deputies who continue to cause trouble with every bureau and pick on people. When they are bored they come on LEO Affairs and start trouble. Do not respond to these idiots it just fuels them more. LIke someone stated earlier, if your so unhappy and miserable take I-75 and head north. Let's see if you can find a job and make the money you make?? I doubt it so shut the H***ll up and do your job. The next thing they will be picking on is KR because he won't put up with their nonsense.

Guys, guys, guys, stay focused, lets all remember what got us here......................
    There are still 2 Lieutenants 4 Sergeants and 12 Deputies at IJC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't forget that is two Lieutenenats working dayshift...with two Sergeants...for a jail that's closed!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by threedigitID
    don't forget that is two Lieutenenats working dayshift...with two Sergeants...for a jail that's closed!!!!!!

OK, if this is the case. They do still have booking to operate, However-----

Where should we put them Cesar?

Fire them so they're off the payroll drain or place them doing something else? Where? Doing what?
    How about some positive alternatives to what you see as wastefull? Better ideas don't just happen in the middle of the night to the people responsible for improving things. Spill it.

Let's start identifying pennies wasted and exactly how we can stop it. No ideas are too silly. You think this dialouge doesn't get back to the Sheriff and command staff? Rambo may read it personally himself?.

You see a man laying in the street bleeding and stand there saying " Somebody should do something about this, This is a shame" " What moron let this happen?"

Do something.

but why should a guy like me think of it. I am kind of disapointed that they moved 150 inmates out of there and are keeping a holding cell and they need all that Salary to run it. We only gained 4 deputies a shift due to the BIG BIG closing of IJC. No supervisors came over. This is a joke. A waste of tax dollars. Take stock of your Jail Lt's, all 10 of them and either demote some of them or give them a better retirement package.

Demote them? Some of them? which? On what legal basis of being unfit for their rank shall they be demoted? Care to put your name on their demotion paperwork as Sheriff and share the civil liability and loss of Collier dollars to Morgan and Morgan?

If we did this, You would need a union. We refuse to do this because you don't need a union. No one "should".

What better package? Give me a list of reasonable affordable items we can offer equally to anyone with the same rank and years of service. We can't offer certain packages to a few appointed members but not all in the same class.

Offer some ideas now on where we will find the monies for these packages that you have suggested.

Why you? Because you want to. You have ideas. Let's share them. Some will sound rediculous, others a little unorthodox but perhaps possible and one idea just might come up that really makes sense that just wasn't thought of in the way you explain it.

Your wrong about one thing. The agency can demote someone because...... There is NO union. Thats why they can get away with it. Do you think a union would let some of this stuff go on?

When have they gotten away with it? Who was it?

Yes, some of this stuff would still happen with a union and higher up people in the union "tribe" would take care of each other.....and our money.(dues).

I see no random or spiteful demotions or firings. If I missed one, please let me know what it was.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast