just saw this!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: just saw this!!!!

I like Knight already.

On March 20, 2007, six FHP employees, all African American, reported concerns to the
    Executive Otfice of the Governor about the treatment of African Americans by Colonel
    Knight

Knight was cleared. End of story.

Just as in a trial, being "cleared" doesnt mean you didnt do anything wrong. Just that nothing can be proven.

And if he was that great of an officer/leader he wouldnt have been run off from the FHP.

Leave it to you Dooley to see the "bright side" of things. It was a political thing. Have anything nice to say about politicians Dooley?

He is correct Dooley ...it was a political thing as I understand it from reading the pros and cons about him in a rather lengthy thread at FHP....Ms Electra Bustle (sic) the new civilian overseer of Public Safety wanted her man ...Czernis, in Knights spot...but there is definitely a lot of negatives about this guy...I also think he was running for Sheriff in past electiomn but unsuccessfully. My question would be why would he come all the way up here (roots are in Sarasota area as I understand), how does he know Morgan (or vice versa)...if any of it is true ...?????...I am just trying to pass along 14 ! good luck all , stay safe and happy new year!!! (hopefully)

He must have a degree. Surely Morgan wouldn't even consider him if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Knight was cleared. End of story.
    Keep telling yourself that but it will never be the truth.

The FDLE Investigative Report:
    http://www.box.net/shared/5ah4fvotjr

Excerpts taken from the following:
    Case Number: Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE): IG75-0052
    Subject: Colonel Christopher Knight,Director,Florida Highway Patrol( FHP)

ALLEGATION Colonel Knight falsified the December 2, 2003, memorandum.
    SUSTAINED

Based on the findings, Colonel Knight was negligent in that he:
    failed to personally maintain an official agency record (a public record) or ensure that the
    record was archived in a retrievable manner;
    failed to label the memorandum on its face as a recreation or otherwise place a reader of
    the memorandum on notice that the memorandum was not the original (or copy of the
    original);
    failed to adequately verify the various dates in the recreated memorandum prior to
    publishing it to others and presenting it as evidence in an official agency action; and
    failed to disclose to others that the memorandum was in fact a recreated memorandum
    and was based on personal recollection rather than independent documentation or
    evidence.
    A finding of Negligence is SUSTAINED.

Based on the following:
    by allowing the memorandum to be used without clarification of the date it was recreated
    and that it was based upon his recollection, Colonel Knight allowed at least the
    Department's Office of Employee Relations staff and perhaps others to assume the
    memorandum was original (or a copy thereof) and denied those reading it full disclosure
    that details in the memorandum were recollections; and
    . only when questioned during this investigation did Colonel Knight make the disclosure
    that the memorandum was created three years after the fact. That the memorandum was
    in fact a recreation is a material fact.
    A finding of Falsification of Records, as defined above, is SUSTAINED.

Morgan keeps proving that he doesn't know what he is doing. Either he is an idiot or someone is playing him for one and tricked him into hiring Knight.

Whose idea was it to hire this knight guy?

Here is a little more on the subject from the Troopers perspective..... viewtopic.php?f=48&t=76993

ooops try this

How Is Chris Knight doing??? viewtopic.php?f=48&t=76993 Sorry dont know how to hyper link it....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast