New Hires - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hires

Re: 2PNRTXD

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Again
    "No. You should worry about things that you will have a hard time with like G.O.s and State Statutes and worry less about fancy toys and crap for your gun. What do you think, we go to every call with our guns out like it is a fking movie? If you need a laser sight for your gun your gonna have difficulty because we don't use them her since there is no need. If you are preparing for your start date, you need to only remember one thing. Study, or you will wash out. Our FTOs are not going to settle for second rate."

Wow, I thought coming to your Department with more than 17 years of full time Law Enforcement experience including more than 13 years as an FTO, 6 years as a supervisor, 3 years as a K-9 handler, might keep me from being considered a wet behind the ears, newbie, rookie. Gosh, I never considered GO's and State Statutes. I was thinking about "fancy toys and crap for my gun" like I live in a "fking movie!" I'll try and forget the 3 or 4 dozen times that I used mine and it worked beautifully. Certainly there must be "no need" and they must be crap, otherwise so many deparments wouldn't have spent the money to buy them and the new holsters. Thank you for setting me straight!

BTW, as an FTO I never settled for second best either, so I should get along well with my FTOs.
    Cant wait to see you tell the Sergeant how it was done up north!

Duty Weapon

Boy, you are hilarious. I "fired my weapon 2 or 3 dozen times?" suuuurrrre I did. Of course, you couldn't possibly use the TLR-1 or 2 in the flashligh mode while clearing a building or on a track. Let's see a light mounted on the bottom of a weapon for one-handed operation, or tactical two-handed use of a flashlight and weapon. Also, a split second to get your weapon on target assisted by a laser, or a split second to get your weapon on target without................they're each your call.

BTW, if by up North you mean a department in a County South of Pasco more than twice the size of Pasco, with a population of more than 1/2 million, then yes, that's how we did it up North.

Re: Duty Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Again
    Boy, you are hilarious. I "fired my weapon 2 or 3 dozen times?" suuuurrrre I did. Of course, you couldn't possibly use the TLR-1 or 2 in the flashligh mode while clearing a building or on a track. Let's see a light mounted on the bottom of a weapon for one-handed operation, or tactical two-handed use of a flashlight and weapon. Also, a split second to get your weapon on target assisted by a laser, or a split second to get your weapon on target without................they're each your call.

BTW, if by up North you mean a department in a County South of Pasco more than twice the size of Pasco, with a population of more than 1/2 million, then yes, that's how we did it up North.
    Good job "guest again". I already like you. Don't take these guys shit. They are just disgruntled losers. We don't get to use all that fancy stuff, but many guys buy them and keep them on their belts. No one seems to care, no one ever told us not to use them. Have fun, thanks for coming.

Re: New Hires

In Pasco we dont use fancy lights and lasers we use a rechargable flashlight.............OLD SCHOOL

Your a rookie here sir,

As an fto I have seen 20+ year big agency cops wash out or leave after a year or two. Our work load is to much for them. This agency will test you and it will be a challenge. Get your rest old man your going to need it!

What firearm are you guys issued - I heard the glock 23. If thats the case, can you carry a glock 22 instead if you own one (and qual with it)?

They will issue you your sidearm once your hired.

Quote Originally Posted by fldeputy
    Cool. A lot of agencies make you buy your own. What kind do they issue?

Wow I can just feel the love...can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fldeputy
    Cool. A lot of agencies make you buy your own. What kind do they issue?
    It is my understanding that they issue the H&K USP .45 cal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast