The State of the FOP (My humble opinion) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The State of the FOP (My humble opinion)

I agree Ten6Niner......

Bump

Jack and Rich are nothing more than suck ups. End of story.

As evidenced by my stellar career and rapid advancement over the years......Thanks for the compliment.

Rich you have way too much free time on your hands. I have better things to do than with my time. It must have taken you hours drafting your gospel according to Rich. Oh & for a neutral media person for the FOP, I think not. As far as I am concerned, you can go to the PBA. Good ridance!

Dear Angry Ol Fart,

If you knew me you would know I have absolutely zero free time. And I have many other things to do. However, I'm sick of the current situation and I'm trying to make a difference. Based on the vast majority of folks who contact me, I would say it's much appreciated.

As far as the neutral media person comment, I was the spokesperson for the golf tournament and then the board was supposed to let me know if the position would be permanent. I heard 3rd hand that Kevin did not wish for me to continue the position. He hasn't contacted me yet. I can only assume it to be true. So, please don't think that I still represent the lodge. I represent me and many, many members who are fed up.

Thanks for your angry comments.

Stay safe,

Rich

RICH B IS A CAR ONE PLANT! WHO IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD BELIEVE THAT YOU WERE ALLOWED INTO INNER SANCTUM AND ALLOWED TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. YOU ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO GET BACK INTO THE ADMINISTRATIONS GOOD GRACE SINCE YOU WROTE SOME EMBARASSING ARTICLES IN A NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS PAPER SEVERAL YEARS AGO. ARTICLES THAT NOT ONLY EMBARASSED THE AGENCY BUT REQUIRED A NEW POLICY WHICH WAS AFFECTIONATELY KNOWN AT THE TIME AS THE "RICH B" RULE AND YOU HAVE BEEN "BLACK BALLED" SINCE. YOU SEE RICH I DO KNOW YOU MUCH BETTER THAN YOU THINK. PEOPLE WHO DO NOT STUDY & REMEMBER HISTORY ARE BOUND TO REPEAT IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ole FArt
    RICH B IS A CAR ONE PLANT! WHO IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD BELIEVE THAT YOU WERE ALLOWED INTO INNER SANCTUM AND ALLOWED TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT. YOU ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO GET BACK INTO THE ADMINISTRATIONS GOOD GRACE SINCE YOU WROTE SOME EMBARASSING ARTICLES IN A NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS PAPER SEVERAL YEARS AGO. ARTICLES THAT NOT ONLY EMBARASSED THE AGENCY BUT REQUIRED A NEW POLICY WHICH WAS AFFECTIONATELY KNOWN AT THE TIME AS THE "RICH B" RULE AND YOU HAVE BEEN "BLACK BALLED" SINCE. YOU SEE RICH I DO KNOW YOU MUCH BETTER THAN YOU THINK. PEOPLE WHO DO NOT STUDY & REMEMBER HISTORY ARE BOUND TO REPEAT IT!
    Wow, you really are an angry, angry old fart. I'm guessing the articles you refer to were columns I wrote for the Tampa Tribune back around the mid 90-s?? Every one of the articles was approved by the PIO, Marianne P, prior to going to press. I don't recall any new rule because of them. If anything the General Order on media relations have become less restrictive over the years with wording such as "members are not required nor restricted from speaking to members of the media" etc. Care to share some specifics about these "embarrassing articles".

I've also been published in just about every law enforcement magazine that exists in the past 15 years. But I'm sure you already knew that. Yea, I've just brought shame and embarrassment to the whole agency.

And the "inner sanctum" is wide open to any employee who has the balls to walk in. It's called an open door policy, and we're lucky enough to have a Sheriff and Chief who walk the walk when speaking of it.

And finally, if you truly knew me, you would know that I don't give rat's ass about being in anyone's "good graces". I give a rat's ass about the folks I work with. You should try it sometime.

Stay safe,

Rich

Rich,
    If you wanted to make a difference at the FOP why didn't have someone nominate you for a post on the board instead of typing on here? This message board does not make a difference. You should have put your money where your mouth is. Getting voted to the board or....being on a committee. Or are you going to make another excuse.

Unless I missed in your notes, KJ did say that he wished he could work with Jack and not run against him for prez. The only way you can "make a difference" is to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year plus deputy
    Rich,
    If you wanted to make a difference at the FOP why didn't have someone nominate you for a post on the board instead of typing on here? This message board does not make a difference. You should have put your money where your mouth is. Getting voted to the board or....being on a committee. Or are you going to make another excuse.

Unless I missed in your notes, KJ did say that he wished he could work with Jack and not run against him for prez. The only way you can "make a difference" is to be involved.
    Excellent points. I was asked several times to run for a position on the board. At this point in my life I just don't have the time. I would only run for a position if I knew I could give 100%. I'm constantly on the computer working on photos so taking 10 minutes to post here while a batch of photos is being processed in a program is a no brainer. And I would politely disagree with your contention that this message board doesn't make a difference. Many folks get some semblance of information from the board, even if they themselves don't post.

As far as KJ wanting to work with Jack, I'll let you take a look at Jack's info sheet. He just emailed it to me and I'll be posting it in a moment. It's also going to be on the FOP43 website.

I would also like to think I am making a difference by taking accurate notes and relaying info via this website. In the future I would love to make a diference as the spokesman and a rep. Hopefully that will happen after the elections.

Stay safe,

Rich

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast