MOU Signed with Sheriff ref Holiday/Funeral Leave/Discipline

MOU Signed with Sheriff ref Holiday/Funeral Leave/Discipline

This is directly from the FOP Website

"MOU SIGNED WITH SHERIFF

During the last meeting with Ms. Upman, she proposed a change that would compensate deputies at a day for day rate instead of the current standard 8 hours. This would allow those who work 10 hour/12 hours shifts to be compensated appropriately for things such as Funeral Leave, Holiday Leave, etc.

One of the questions that arose related to discipline. At the time, Ms. Upman indicated that you have to “take the good with the bad”. As such, any discipline given to deputies on 10/12 hour shifts would exceed that of a deputy working a deputy working an 8 hour shift for a similar allegation.

At the meeting, the FOP told Ms. Upman that we would not agree upon an across the board change. We wanted more time to investigate the matter and solicit member input as this impacts a significant number of deputies.

President Carron spoke with Ms. Upman again yesterday. At that time, they agreed to sign an MOU regarding the change in compensation for everything except discipline, which will remain on an hourly basis for all employees. The MOU was signed earlier today, October 23, 2008.

For clarification: even though this issue was not the subject of a reopener of the contract, it, and any other provision, can be changed/altered if both parties agree by signing an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding). The MOU becomes a provision of the contract and is usually incorporated into subsequent contracts.

To recap: This MOU will allow for the compensation of time for Funeral Leave, Holiday Time, Safe Driver Award, New Hire Referal, etc. at the number of hours your scheduled to work on a day for day basis. IE: 8 hours = 8 hours, 10 hours = 10 hours and 12 hours = 12 hours.

If you have any questions please contact Dan at the lodge."

Stay Safe,

Rich

Rich@FOP43.org

Re: MOU Signed with Sheriff ref Holiday/Funeral Leave/Discipline

Great Rich thanks for the update.

Can IOB get our 10 hour days back again? They took it away with not even so much as a reason. IOB needs a little kibble to keep the guys we have happy.

Thanks to Dan, Kevin, Mike, Ken, Mark and Frank for taking the time to attend negotiations! I just cut and pasted bro. And I feel your pain on the 10 hour shift. I miss them too!

Rich

I feel that the IOB 10 hr shifts were a nice "extra" that didn't cost the Agency anything. It seems to also have saved the Agency money and was less wear and tear on our Agency vehicles. It was win/win. :shock:

OHHHHH Danny,
    Why don't you just stop your lies and tell the truth? The FOP didn't tell
    "Ms. Upman that we would not agree upon an accross the board change. We wanted more time to investigate the matter and solicit member input as this impacts a significant number of duputies."

We all know you and Kevin "I can't count to ten if my life depended on it" ran around proud of the fact you told her "No, way." without even considering it. It wasn't until Jack Peterson spoke up at the FOP meeting this week and said it actually effects approx. 200 members not the 20-30 you were claiming it only pertained to. I would assume the FOP negotiating staff would be a little more professsional than to go off half ****ed and refuse something they have no clue about and then twist the facts when they are confronted with the actual figures.

Oh the Jack who suddenly wants to claim to be involved. Where has JAck been over the years? Negotiations? No. What has Jack done for us deputies? Nothing. Jack asked a few questions and it caused the FOP to change their position or do anything different. I don't think so. I suspect Jack has some motives that will suite him and his future plans. Good job on this one FOP. Its too bad that some people won't be satisfied no matter what they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack who?
    Oh the Jack who suddenly wants to claim to be involved. Where has JAck been over the years? Negotiations? No. What has Jack done for us deputies? Nothing. Jack asked a few questions and it caused the FOP to change their position or do anything different. I don't think so. I suspect Jack has some motives that will suite him and his future plans. Good job on this one FOP. Its too bad that some people won't be satisfied no matter what they get.
    Maybe Jack has been busy raising a family, running a business and a squad? Maybe Jack trusted the FOP to do what's right for all the members. Maybe Jack has finally had enough and is ready for a bit of change. Change that everyone seems to want. Or would you rather have the FOP remain the same? Because everyone would appear to be totally thrilled with that these days huh? Which is it??

I'm beginning to see the big picture....

Coats and Car 2 lost their inner contact with the FOP when they promoted Ingold....

Danny and Kevin aren't as receptive to political influence to suite the Sheriff's needs....

Coats and Car 2 are tight with Jack....

With Jack on the board of the FOP...Coats has a voice on the board of the FOP....

And along comes PIO Rich to push Jack's agenda....

Seems to be some inner working afoot...............................

Quote Originally Posted by eye opener
    I'm beginning to see the big picture....

Coats and Car 2 lost their inner contact with the FOP when they promoted Ingold....

Danny and Kevin aren't as receptive to political influence to suite the Sheriff's needs....

Coats and Car 2 are tight with Jack....

With Jack on the board of the FOP...Coats has a voice on the board of the FOP....

And along comes PIO Rich to push Jack's agenda....

Seems to be some inner working afoot...............................
    Along comes PIO Rich to push the agenda that the great majority of the members want and need. Seems fair and equitable to me. Seems like what a fraternal organization is supposed to be. As soon as I hear from folks that they are happy with the FOP the way that it is I'll be more than happy to step aside and keep quiet. Take a look at the post that is coming out in just a second for more of the whole story.

Stay safe,

Rich