Promises Cost Money - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Promises Cost Money

This is a bunch of SHAT. How can you use Morgan's name and "genuinely" in the same sentence???? He is hot air and a different story depending on who is listening and who he things he can BS. He has no character and you are apparently too stupid to understand he is jacking around and trying to please anyone who will listen. He isn't even smart enough to realize his many recorded lies on TV and radio have tripped him up. He is being a damned politician!!! Wake up !

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    This is great, we have a candidate for Sheriff who genuinely wants to address pay issues at the ECSO. And now a VP with our PBA telling us that this cannot happen because the county is broke. This is the same PBA that was telling us, just five months ago, that we should get a 3% raise October 1 and there might be enough money for us to get the 2% from last year. How many more lies will they tell to support their agenda?
    Who and when did someone from the PBA tell you that you would get a 3% raise 5 months ago plus 2%?

How many more lies will Morgan tell to support his agenda?

This is great, we have a candidate for Sheriff who genuinely wants to address pay issues at the ECSO. And now a VP with our PBA telling us that this cannot happen because the county is broke.
    There are pay issues that need to be addressed but the point is that there isn't money to address them the way David Morgan would like. I notice you don't dispute the points. I'm sorry you don't like realism. Perhaps you'd like me to tell you that there is plenty of money in the budget to do all Morgan's ideas. There's not. IMHO the starting pay does not need to be raised. We have the highest starting pay of all the local agencies. The ECSO has plenty of applicants that want to work here at the current starting pay. Compression is the number one issue that needs to be addressed with any money that is made available. If that is accomplished, then raising starting pay is a great idea. To see the many 4-12 year deputies walking out is a huge problem. First off, most of them are good guys and I hate to see them go. Secondly, the county has a huge investment in these people. How many people hired in 1998 that are making the same $35,000 as a starting rookie are going to have good morale, or stick around for that matter. There is just currently not enough money to do all the things David Morgan wants to do.

This is the same PBA that was telling us, just five months ago, that we should get a 3% raise October 1 and there might be enough money for us to get the 2% from last year. How many more lies will they tell to support their agenda?
    This was told to us by a county commissioner in a screening board who told us they were going to put it in this years budget for vote. That was long before they decided to make all the cuts. Obviously not only did that not happen but the ECSO budget was cut an additional $900,000. A 5% raise across the board would cost about $3 million dollars plus benefits. Like the PBA told Morgan over a year ago, we agree there is waste in the ECSO budget, but not on the scale it would have to be to accomplish David Morgan's goals. As for the "lies", please start another thread with "lies" the PBA has told and I will be happy to clarify or even correct them. I promise not to give you an "F".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Haines
    This is great, we have a candidate for Sheriff who genuinely wants to address pay issues at the ECSO. And now a VP with our PBA telling us that this cannot happen because the county is broke.
    There are pay issues that need to be addressed but the point is that there isn't money to address them the way David Morgan would like. I notice you don't dispute the points. I'm sorry you don't like realism. Perhaps you'd like me to tell you that there is plenty of money in the budget to do all Morgan's ideas. There's not. IMHO the starting pay does not need to be raised. We have the highest starting pay of all the local agencies. The ECSO has plenty of applicants that want to work here at the current starting pay. Compression is the number one issue that needs to be addressed with any money that is made available. If that is accomplished, then raising starting pay is a great idea. To see the many 4-12 year deputies walking out is a huge problem. First off, most of them are good guys and I hate to see them go. Secondly, the county has a huge investment in these people. How many people hired in 1998 that are making the same $35,000 as a starting rookie are going to have good morale, or stick around for that matter. There is just currently not enough money to do all the things David Morgan wants to do.

[quote:lumnhmdv]This is the same PBA that was telling us, just five months ago, that we should get a 3% raise October 1 and there might be enough money for us to get the 2% from last year. How many more lies will they tell to support their agenda?
    This was told to us by a county commissioner in a screening board who told us they were going to put it in this years budget for vote. That was long before they decided to make all the cuts. Obviously not only did that not happen but the ECSO budget was cut an additional $900,000. A 5% raise across the board would cost about $3 million dollars plus benefits. Like the PBA told Morgan over a year ago, we agree there is waste in the ECSO budget, but not on the scale it would have to be to accomplish David Morgan's goals. As for the "lies", please start another thread with "lies" the PBA has told and I will be happy to clarify or even correct them. I promise not to give you an "F".[/quote:lumnhmdv]

"This was told to us," Eric you sound more like David Morgan every day!

This is great, we have a candidate for Sheriff who genuinely wants to address pay issues at the ECSO. And now a VP with our PBA telling us that this cannot happen because the county is broke. This is the same PBA that was telling us, just five months ago, that we should get a 3% raise October 1 and there might be enough money for us to get the 2% from last year. How many more lies will they tell to support their agenda?
    Who and when did someone from the PBA tell you that you would get a 3% raise 5 months ago plus 2%?

How many more lies will Morgan tell to support his agenda?
    Please see the above post and I think you will find the answer to your question!!!

I think you also see that this is not a Morgan lie!!!

Eric is a pompous arse with a big mouth and very little sense to back up his rhetoric.

So how about backing up YOUR rhetoric by signing your name? Until then, your post means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dooley
    So how about backing up YOUR rhetoric by signing your name? Until then, your post means nothing.
    Sorry I forgot to sign my name....my bad!

Signed

I"ve Noballs......

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Eric is a pompous arse with a big mouth and very little sense to back up his rhetoric.

Eric Haines has articulated the reasons for his belief that Larry Scapecchi should be sheriff. Having a "big mouth" is easy to be accused of when you have so much worth saying and pomposity is often just mis-labled assuredness.

Of course I guess that could just make me a big-mouth pompous arse myself but at least I am in the company of those who would claim their posts as their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Haines
    I'd like to start a thread adding up how much money David Morgan's campaign promises are going to cost:

1. He wants to raise starting deputy pay to $35,000. This would cost about $750,000 in salary and at least another $300,000 in benefits. (Yes, I've done the public record request for all deputies salaries under $35,000.) Total $1,050,000.

2. He has said in musters he wants to raise the number of starting employees to 1300. We are at around 1050 employees right now so that means hiring an additional 250 more employees. Lets be very conservative and say each employee costs $25,000 including benefits. That comes out to $6.25 Million Dollars.

3. Morgan has promised to give $2 million dollars of the Sheriff's budget to ECAT. Most people look at me with a quizzical look when I say this, but yes, it is a promise he made in one of his infomercials. He actually spent quite some time talking about it. He also confirmed it in the PBA Screening board that this was his intention.

4. He has said that he is not going to have deputies making more than Sergeants and LT's. That's going to cost A LOT of money considering there are deputies who make much much more than Sgt's and Lt's. No idea on the cost on this one but some 120 numbers make close to $15,000 more than a lot of Sgt's.

5. He's going to add a Chief Deputy position. Cost is unknown. If he hires from without $100,000. If he hires from within and doesn't replace that position it would just be a raise to that person.

6. He's going to address compression. That is going to cost A LOT of money, because in my public record request of those who make less than $35,000 I also asked for dates of hire for those people. Anyone who has been hired since 1998 will have the same base rate of pay. That is 10 years of deputies making the exact same amount of salary. Gapping that out will cost $2-4 million or more depending on how large of a gap is created between the steps he proposes. Of course when you gap that out, he's going to have to go back to promise #4 and up Sgt and Lt. pay even more.

7. Last night he said that in next years budget we will probably have to give back $3 million dollars to the county. I agree. Because of the economy, citizens will demand a cut.

Depending on the variables and whether or not I'm double counting ECAT (he may use that as part of Promise #7) your looking at a minimum of around $14 million dollars in extra expenditures. Does anyone have any more to add or want to modify any of these?

Eric Haines
    Hey Eric - Did they teach you to lie like that at Six Flags Over Jesus? :devil:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast