Reasons this place sucks - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Reasons this place sucks

It's called degression of the workplace and morale. The past was better, the present is worse and the future will be much worse. It probably doesn't apply to patrol until they go to 12's too. It's only a matter of time. Newbies should decide if they can handle 12's for 25 years. If not, start looking for a better job now. The senior guys will not put up with the BS so they are retiring. The remaining jail deputies are really pissed off and it will show in work quality and sick time. The empty rhetoric from the administration cheerleaders doesn't change the facts.

actually....the majority are pretty happy with the change to 12's. The rest are of retirement age.

Quote Originally Posted by SPS5592
    actually....the majority are pretty happy with the change to 12's. The rest are of retirement age.
    The majority must not have a life other then work. Family first, everything else second. Those that work 12's either were hired on 12's and really had no choice. The rest who bid for 12's either liked them or eventually bid out. If your a 12 hour fan and have nothing else in life then 12's are for you. The rest of us will just have to accept the fact that due to circumstances beyond our control , 12’s will be our future.

I have talked to many deputies in North and Medical divisions, including Sgts and Lts, and NONE of them want to work 12's. Furthermore, none of them know anyone in these two divisions or Central who wants to work 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It's called degression of the workplace and morale. The past was better, the present is worse and the future will be much worse. It probably doesn't apply to patrol until they go to 12's too. It's only a matter of time. Newbies should decide if they can handle 12's for 25 years. If not, start looking for a better job now. The senior guys will not put up with the BS so they are retiring. The remaining jail deputies are really pissed off and it will show in work quality and sick time. The empty rhetoric from the administration cheerleaders doesn't change the facts.
    Ok, I can't take it. My original post was a jab at complainers. My intent was to point out how good we have it. As far as the gadgets go, they are an investment in your safety. If you got into police work to become rich, you are ignorant. My point is simple. Long ago we got what we got. 9mm Berettas or you could buy your own. 12 Guage 870's and that was it. In the riots none of us had long rifles, though we were shot at by assault rifles. We had old non-ballistic helmets, class uniforms and no gas masks until round two of the mayhem.

My point is that many agencies make you buy your own handguns (see HCSO). If you want a .223 you invest your own $1000.00 (see SPPD). I guarantee you that many agencies do not issue .45's with lights, sotguns with slugs and/or tactical buckshot -and- a .223 Rockriver Assault Rifle. I guarantee you that many agencies, including the big ones, don't issue many of the items of equipment that we receive here for free.

Hell, I know for a fact most agencies do not issue uniforms as often as we do. You come to this agency needing only a t-shirt and underwear. You may think all of these "toys" are too much. But what you need you get at PCSO. Goto Pasco and see how new the uniforms and duty gear are. Goto TPD and see how much you get versus buy.

This agency was not the top salary agency in the county for years. Now it is, or in the top bracket. Plus you pay nothing into your pension (see ANY PD). You think this is the only agency effected by the tax issues? Ha!! I say we have it better than ever. I'm well aware how many items were bought by grant. But the agency was not obligated to apply for it and grants dont always cover 100%.

But hey, you poor babies didnt get a 3% raise this year. Never mind the FOP cost you a raise for six months, but I don't see any of you pointing fingers at them. You guys kill me.

Actually, I am taking an 11% pay cut this year; others are taking a 15% pay cut in real dollars. Banks, stores, utilities, kids' school, college, etc. don't accept gadgets as payments the last time I checked. To add insult to injury, most of the jail will go to 12's which everyone who is working 8's hates. My life does not revolve around the job or its gadgets.

The first post is correct.......Stop your *****ing because you truly do not know how good you have it now. Just ask any one of the new guys that got laid off and are no working over in Hillsborough........and I'll leave it at that!

Yeah, thanks Coats and Gualtieri for the layoffs, pay cuts and 12 hour shifts. Quit *****ing because we don't know how good we have it. Compared to what, Burger King or Wal-Mart ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCSO
    The first post is correct.......Stop your *****ing because you truly do not know how good you have it now. Just ask any one of the new guys that got laid off and are no working over in Hillsborough........and I'll leave it at that!

You mean the ones working at HCSO who will be topped out at $72,000 in 10 yrs compared to me making $49,000 after 10 years here?

Well here you go again. If you have to pay for your own equipment you are aloud to take it off your taxes at the end of the year so you get your money back that is to include dry cleaning your uniforms. As far as pay, on paper it say's we are at the top in the area however in reality your are the lowest because you dont get pay raises. See all agencies you mentioned. As far as safety using equipment half the stuff I am issued I leave in my car because if I use it it's an automatic IA number. I would like someone to investgate something for me. Compare how many deputies(road and jail) we having making starting salary to the surrounding agencies. You will see we have more. Now compare that with the amount of time on they have and you will see that we area the only agency with 3,4, and 5yr deputies still at starting salary so I ask you what is so great about this place. Well it used to be the leadership but if you have not noticed that is gone as well because all the people who were here in the past when this place was suppose to be so great saw the hand writing on the wall and left while they still could. If this palce does not fix the problem it will all so see an exit of all the people in the 1-4 yr rang cause they are tired of the false promises and can't afford to live here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast