FOP bargaining session
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FOP bargaining session

I noticed that the FOP has posted on SONET that they will be bargaining wages, secondary employment issues and shift bidding. What about shift bidding!? What a waist of time, are you going to try to bargain a different way of bidding for shift because "one" north county deputy doesn't think its fair. I have an idea, why don't you ask the majority of the deputies opinion's before trying to bargain for something.

Question Re: FOP bargaining session

Because Frank is the rep and he is a baby. Who cares about the FOP?

Re: FOP bargaining session

I know Frank and if he is involved he will proceed at 105 mph to get it done. Thanks Frank

You wonder why people are jumping ship and going w/ the PBA, our FOP team are a bunch of idiots and haven't a clue.

Bargaining for wages is a no brainer. I'd rather have them focus on important things like court standby pay. I'm tired of wasting my days off on standby for free. I'd be happy with atleast some comp time or something. The shift bidding is as about as fair as it can get. The only change they could make is to throw the city slots into the mix every 6 months. Given the history of the FOP and it's bargaining with PCSO, I'm not holding my breath that we will get much, if anything, this year. Especially given the current budget mess courtesy of the BCC. There isn't going to be much money for anything new, let alone raises or extra pay. IMO, I haven't found the FOP to be very beneficial to us. I'd appreciate if they'd get some feedback from the members and bargain for the issues WE would like to see changed. And no, I don't go to the meetings, some of us don't work Monday through Fridays 9-5. I think the communication up and down in the FOP from us members to the bargaining team in about non-existant.

I'll be at the meeting tonight and try to get you some answers.

Rich

OK, some answers. May not be the most popular but answers nonetheless. 1st, pay. Due to the BCC and amendment 1 there will more than likely be nothing done that will cost the agency more money, period. That would include standby pay.

What I'm hearing is that you would also like to have good communication in regards to court liaison so you can get on with your day off. If you've not gotten a proper timely notification in one of these situations please email me the date and case # to Rich@FOP43.org and I'll start keeping track of them. It's the 1st step to getting a better system in place.

In regards to voting on issues by proxy, by email etc. The FOP operates under Roberts Rules of Order. I found this on their website (http://www.robertsrules.com/)

Should proxy votes be counted?

Answer:
    A "proxy" is a means by which a member who expects to be absent from a meeting authorizes someone else to act in his or her place at the meeting. Proxy voting is not permitted in ordinary deliberative assemblies unless federal, state or other laws applicable to the society require it, or the bylaws of the organization authorize it, since proxy voting is incompatible with the essential characteristics of a deliberative assembly. As a consequence, the answers to any questions concerning the correct use of proxies, the extent of the power conferred by a proxy, the duration, revocability, or transferability of proxies, and so forth, must be found in the provisions of the law or bylaws which require or authorize their use. [RONR (10th ed.), p. 414-15.]

I'll post more as I learn more.

Stay safe,

Rich
    Rich@FOP43.org

WHY DONT WE BARGAIN FOR SOME BETTER SHIFTS FOR PATROL?!?!?!

And what exactly would you like in regards to better shifts?

Why don't we bargain for "shut the hell up" if you don't like our shifts then go work somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast