candles tick maker - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: candles tick maker

Such a good post. Everybody dreams of escaping to the east side of the county.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    For any new deputy fresh out of FTO they stand the highest chances of going straight to DLT. As a dispatcher every ending FTO class makes it hell to work that radio bc units key up not knowing their unit ID's, with out knowing where they are, their 10-codes (that they still try to use), or what the signals mean. On top of that the map of DLT looks like someone dropped a plate of spagetti making it hard to get around if you aren't already familar. While there are afew people who thrive for that sort of chaos and perform well under pressure, most don't willingly chose to be there and become a safety concern. DLT is more of a right of passage. By the time you retire you hope to be chillin in D5
    Deltona certainly has it fair share of obsticles to overcome, and I agree it is a sort of 'right of passage' for VCSO deputies. But that is not what makes it such a dreadful and unpleseant place to work. Through several years, knowing many LEO's (from the top down and bottom up), from many different agenices - I have NEVER seen or heard of an agency that willingly creates such disgruntled employees. So much of the problem is caused by the issues already pointed out in other posts here.

Good point. Let's keep everybody disgruntled. And I know I am living in a fairy tale land...but I would love one of these days to see (or hear) somebody from the 4th floor stand with us and do something about this contract issue. They can pick a battle (tobacco, Physical agility test, step plan, merit raises, off duty driving, anything). Just show us that you understand our situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123