Budget-cuts--On-call pay is suspended - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Well... Hard times a comin down at the trailer house. Ma got word that I might be a losin my job. I mean she got tore up about the whole thing. It even made the dog sick - I had to feed him raw eggs and tomater juice for a week. Yall think they got any idears about how they gonna keep from lettin fellers go?? They said they wuz gonna take away my 98 Chev. Lumina (with the dual exhaust), my nextel telerphone (I just got a new lamb skin cover for it) and one of my lucky # 2 pencils. They said this wuz all gonna help me keep my job. I asked the fellers up there in Tallahmahassee if they wuz gonna do anything to help earn some money in order to help the sitiation out - they said sure and tried to sell me a shotgun...
    Now dat's funny right der...I don't care who ya are....

Re: Budget-cuts--On-call pay is suspended

I don't know where you live but the local agencies around here are HURTING! I'm glad someone is getting raises somewhere!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Try to keep the tears from shorting out your keyboard. Here is the bottom line - prepare for it:
    No raises
    No more comp
    No more special comp
    No on call pay
    No whining
    No help from anyone
    No new car

Welcome to the real world. It's not that bad...most law enforcement has been here for years.
    What "most law enforcement" are you referring to? Locals are doing fine..maybe we should have local government heads start running the state.

I'm on the NW corner of the state. Every agency over here is experiencing budget issues. Positions go unfilled, cars aren't being purchased, etc. It will be much worse before it gets any better.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345