Law enforcement fundraiser for fallen officer's family
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Law enforcement agencies throughout Southwest Florida are coming together to help fallen Officer Andrew Widman's family.

During a press conference Saturday, law enforcement agencies announced the "Drop in the Bucket Campaign"

Sunday, off-duty officers will be at Walmart stores throughout Lee County collecting donations all day.

On Monday and Tuesday, officers will be standing in major intersections throughout Lee and Charlotte Counties collecting money from passing drivers.

They hope to raise $100,000 dollars in three days for Officer Widman's wife and three small children.

Officers say this can only be done with your help.

Cape Coral Police Detective Robert Wardrop says, "It's a sad day for law enforcement but we need to support the rest of the family."

There are two other memorial funds set-up for officer Widman's family. One set-up by the Fort Myers Police Department is:

Andrew Widman Memorial Fund
    Fifth Third Bank
    Account # 7432124563

Also, the law firm Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz set up fund for slain policeman’s family.

Any donations should be made out to The Andrew Widman Family Fund, and may be dropped off or mailed to any one of the law firm’s five offices or at either of the two Preferred Community Bank branches.

Firm Offices:
    Fort Myers - 1515 Broadway 33901
    Cape Coral- 1603 Han**** Bridge Parkway 33990
    Lehigh Acres - 4802 Lee Boulevard 33971
    Naples - 4947 North Tamiami Trail Suite 101 34103
    Port Charlotte - 2852 Tamiami Trail Suite 1 33952

Preferred Community Bank Offices:
    Fort Myers - 4391 Colonial Blvd 33966
    Lehigh Acres - 3020 Lee Blvd 33971
    Click Here for the Source

Support

The city will be on the street corners again tomorrow to collect money for the family. Contact Sgt. Jim Kirdy if you want to help!

We would love to have as many of you as possible...over $13,000 has already been donated - more volunteers would be more citizen contacts! See you tomorrow!

I have heard our response to help PGPD today is shameful. With 600 employees we have about 6 that have offered to help.

Support

It's funny how if this person was sleeping with that person, or if someone saw me with this person how it would spread around the office like wildfire.

Last night an email was put out in reference to helping the PGPD raise money for our falling brother, ANDREW WIDMAN. I know people saw the email, read the paper, watch the news and saw what the city was doing to help support the family of Officer Widman.

Out of the nearly 600 employees that work at our office we had 6 deputies show up to help That is very sad to me. The city in a matter of three days and 7 hours raised over 22,000 dollars for the Widman family.

To the 7 deputies from the CCSO that came out on Sunday and Tuesday to help I praise you all. I am proud to be a fellow officer of yours.

If we could have had 30 employees of the CCSO show up , which is about 5% of the employees, to help man other locations within our area we could have raised 10 times the amount we did.

Again I praise the ones who came, donated, or at least asked what they could do to help.

[/b]

Re: Support

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It's funny how if this person was sleeping with that person, or if someone saw me with this person how it would spread around the office like wildfire.

Last night an email was put out in reference to helping the PGPD raise money for our falling brother, ANDREW WIDMAN. I know people saw the email, read the paper, watch the news and saw what the city was doing to help support the family of Officer Widman.

Out of the nearly 600 employees that work at our office we had 6 deputies show up to help That is very sad to me. The city in a matter of three days and 7 hours raised over 22,000 dollars for the Widman family.

To the 7 deputies from the CCSO that came out on Sunday and Tuesday to help I praise you all. I am proud to be a fellow officer of yours.

If we could have had 30 employees of the CCSO show up , which is about 5% of the employees, to help man other locations within our area we could have raised 10 times the amount we did.

Again I praise the ones who came, donated, or at least asked what they could do to help.

[/b]
    Kudos to the 7 who showed. Thanks for representing!

Thank you to the seven selfless people from CCSO who came to assist us in our efforts to help Andrew's children and family. I encourage you to hold your heads high amongst the selfish "brothers" you work with. You are the hardworking 1% that I am sure your admin will take credit for in the morning.

Funeral

I can understand (not really) if you don't want to stand out in the heat and the rain to collect money for the family of a fallen brother, but when only 10 (maybe 15) deputies out of all of the CCSO show up to a brother officer's funeral is shameful. It was a 30 mile drive and a couple hours out of your day. Everybody that was not on duty for dayshift should have made an effort to go to the funeral. This was a brother officer from an adjoining county. I saw more officers from Ft. Lauderdale than we had.

All of you ***** and complain about the admin on these sites, but won't step up and do what is right when it counts.

There should be no excuse for the amount of CCSO members that were at the services today for Andrew Widman. We even had permission from the admin to use department cars if we car pooled.

So once again out of the nearly 600 officers we have, about 15-20 showed up to his services.....I am ashamed!!!!!!!

Other agencies do look down to us, not because who we have in the front offices. They laugh because we have a bunch of selfish, spoiled, what can you do for me, people working for us.......SAD!!

Remember--What goes around comes around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast