Wish List - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wish List

Re: Ok Bevis

Quote Originally Posted by treading water
    It must be nice to be so naive. Are you 12?
    Insults (especially lame ones) are the best you've got? Get over yourself. I've been policing longer than you've been legally allowed to buy booze. How about trying to keep this reasonable and related to the negotiations?

Quote Originally Posted by treading water
    Just because the courts have ruled doesn't mean it happens.

Look at St Pete, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to steal pension dollars when people leave, but they do.
    If you don't want the option of comp time, fine, let your reps know. But, there are more than a few of us who would like the option of getting comp time.

I know you seem to think that you are going to get poked in the keister if comp time becomes an option. But again, it all comes back to how the contract is written. No one is advocating comp instead of OT. If you don't trust the department to let you use accrued comp time, fine...just fill out the sheet for OT like you do right now. For you, nothing would change.

If I want comp time, I will take that option. And again, for you, nothing would change.

Let it go Blick

For F sake!! If you want comp time go someplace else b/c I guarantee that it will not be put on the table nor should it. Quit quoting labor laws and all that other nonsense and come up with something else to fight for then dumb ass comp time! As far as I'm concern the two union reps are useless. Wait for the negotiation team to be voted on and get with them. Reps cannot do anything without a vote. The negotiation team decides the fate of the contract. Vote for people who know how to get things done and not just whine about what they wish they had.

Who or What is a Blick?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    For F sake!! If you want comp time go someplace else b/c I guarantee that it will not be put on the table nor should it.
    First, I have no interest in going anywhere else. Largo is a good department to work for.

Second, you cannot offer any guarantees. Your opinion that comp time should not be considered is merely your opinion. Some people agree with you, while others do not.

Quit quoting labor laws and all that other nonsense and come up with something else to fight for then dumb ass comp time!
    Labor laws are the only things that allow us to have representation and negotiate for pay and benefits. Frankly, I would hope that all members of the department would have a deep appreciation for that fact. A lot of agencies do not have it as good as we do.

For or against, comp time is a contract issue.

As far as I'm concern the two union reps are useless.
    I don't know if you have ever gone to a rep and discussed your concerns about department issues. Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion about them.

I hope that you can step back, take a deep breath, and understand that your wants and desires mirror some other officers, but not all. We all have ideas on what to negotiate for and what we would like to improve. We won't all agree, but all of the ideas put forth in this thread have some merit.

I personally would like to see a step plan with a COLA and everything else is secondary.

Let's not let this thread devolve into more of the same old name calling. Rather, let's hear what people would like to negotiate for.

Comp Time

If this discussion is to go any further I think that the differance between "COMP" time and "FLEX" time should be pointed out. COMP time is accrued at the rate of 1 1/2, meaning that for every hour you work you get an hour and a half off. FLEX time is an hour for an hour.

I keep seeing people state that "any supervisor will approve comp time if you ask". This is not true...they will approve FLEX time (which is obviously smart since they are actually paying you at straight pay rate). To the best of my knowledge, supervisors do not make a habit of giving us "comp' time if we ask. And if they are, let me know which ones!

Re: Comp Time

Quote Originally Posted by LPD
    If this discussion is to go any further I think that the differance between "COMP" time and "FLEX" time should be pointed out. COMP time is accrued at the rate of 1 1/2, meaning that for every hour you work you get an hour and a half off. FLEX time is an hour for an hour.

I keep seeing people state that "any supervisor will approve comp time if you ask". This is not true...they will approve FLEX time (which is obviously smart since they are actually paying you at straight pay rate). To the best of my knowledge, supervisors do not make a habit of giving us "comp' time if we ask. And if they are, let me know which ones!
    EXCELLENT point!

money, money

LOL!!! Okay, you can keep comp time AND flex time!!!

Show me the money!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123