SENATOR LISA CARLTON - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Senator Carlton

I cannot figure out what she has against the FHP. I have racked my brain trying to find out the history. I really think she should switch to the liberal democrats. She is not a republican by any sense of the word. She should hang her head in shame and resign her position as a state senator. I really feel for the other state leo's and state employees who are not only getting royally shafted but are also getting salt poured in the wound. If some one should come across her and she is in violation of FSS then I would suggest that she receive something to remember the stop. What could it hurt. I have heard for years not to write your legislators. What a load of crap.

1. For Troopers in Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties hit her where it hurts. Let her know you will not support her next election and help anybody who runs against her.
    2. LET THE APPLICATIONS FLOW!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FHPTROOPER
    1. For Troopers in Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties hit her where it hurts. Let her know you will not support her next election and help anybody who runs against her.
    amen i'm going green!

Quote Originally Posted by FHPTROOPER
    THIS IS HER LAST TERM. ALL YOU CAN DO IS NOT VOTE FOR HER IF SHE RUNS FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

Thank you again Tom Knight. You always said she was a great friend of yours and now you continue to screw FHP in your welcomed absence. Wait until SSO finds out you have no idea what you're doing and could only screw things up worse here by doing your brother's dirty deeds.

just in

Florida Highway Patrol troopers are relieved, but a last-minute legislative deal to give them a 5 percent pay raise won't stem the tide of defections to higher-paying departments, a union official warned this morning.

"Don't get me wrong, we're very grateful," said Bill Smith, president of the FHP chapter of the Police Benevolent Association. "But this isn't going to stop people from leaving."

Lawmakers agreed late Sunday to spend $3.8 million for an across-the-board pay increase. Starting pay for the roughly 1,000 troopers is about $33,000. The agreement helped seal a deal on a $66.2 billion budget that the Legislature is expected to approve on Friday.

Legislators declined to approve a measure that would have raised $17.6 million for a 10-year step-pay plan, paid for with higher fees for delinquent motorists.

Smith estimates that since 2001, the state has spent up to $50 million training troopers who have left the highway patrol for local police departments or other agencies. Jumping ship can often mean an immediate pay raise of $12,000 or more, Smith said.

"You could have just stood on the top of the Capitol and tossed that money in the air," Smith said. Meanwhile, the ranks will keep getting thinner, after the state pays for training, Smith said.

In 1984, Miami-Dade County had 240 troopers, Smith said. Today, it has 88 road officers, he said. During the same period, the population there rose from 1.7 million to 2.3 million, he said.

Senate Appropriations Chairwoman Lisa Carlton, R-Osprey, said this morning that lawmakers did the best they could to shield law enforcement from the more than $4 billion in cuts they were forced to make while balancing the budget without raising taxes.

The same budget also slashes 199 probation officers from the Department of Corrections.

"We certainly hope this special pay increase will offset the loss of troopers," Carlton said. "Safety and security is our top priority."

the House and Senate agreed upon a 5% salary increase for sworn members of the Florida Highway Patrol. This is a major accomplishment during a legislative session challenged by state revenue shortfalls of over $2 billion. It appears that out of the more than 220,000 state employees FHP are the only ones to receive a salary increase this year. Many agencies are dealing with layoffs and severe service reductions. While we will also share in some of the reductions related to vacant positions and reductions in excess salary dollars, we are very fortunate to enjoy this raise. Take pride, this is a great day for the Patrol and a great block to build upon.

"In 1984, Miami-Dade County had 240 troopers, Smith said. Today, it has 88 road officers, he said. During the same period, the population there rose from 1.7 million to 2.3 million, he said. "

WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT. We wonder why so many people die on 95 in Miami Dade Co.

Re: just in

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "We certainly hope this special pay increase will offset the loss of troopers," Carlton said. "Safety and security is our top priority."
    News flash Lisa, this 5% will not offset the loss of troopers. There was a retention bill in place that passed every hurdle until it reached you. It’s amazing that after the bill got to you the plug was pulled.
    It was said you were unwilling to let the FHP retention bill pass because it was unfair to give one group of employees such a big raise. Actually, if you think about it, it was not a raise, but a pay adjustment for all the years the sorry back stabbing politicians, like you, let the Highway Patrol slip farther and farther behind. Heck you have let all of your state law enforcement slip behind. Every state law enforcement agency needs a raise. Giving just FHP a 5% raise has pissed off every other state law enforcement officer just as bad if not worse than if our retention bill would have passed. At least if the bill had passed our funding source would have been through increased fees to bad drivers and not the states general revenue....clueless.
    Priorities Lisa! safety and security....give me a break.
    To every other state law enforcement officer, we know you are hurting as bad as FHP with retention and pay. I for one would be behind anything which would help any agency receive a decent pay raise.

Stay Safe.

Message from a Veteran Road Trooper

TO THE DISGRUNTLED TROOPERS IN SOUTH FLORIDA ...... WE ARE ALL SHORT HANDED STATE WIDE. WE WORK LOTS OF CRASHES TOO.

WE DON'T GET THE CAD MONEY UP HERE IN THE NORTHERN END OF THE STATE AND WE DON'T GET 50 DOLLAR AN HOUR OFF-DUTY JOBS EITHER.

WE ARE MORE THAN GRATEFUL TO GET A 5 PERCENT PAY INCREASE WHEN THE STATE BUDGET IS IN THE TOILET AND PROBATION/PAROLE OFFICERS ARE FACING LAY OFFS.

IF YOU GUYS ARE SO OUTRAGED THAT YOU DIDN'T GET THE 17 MILLION DOLLAR PIPE DREAM PAY INCREASE I SAY GO TO WORK FOR HIALEAH GARDENS, AVENTURA PD, MIAMI PD, METRO-DADE OR ANY OF THE 30 OR SO CITY POLICE DEPARTMENTS.

NORTH FLORIDA TROOPERS ARE GRATEFUL FOR RECEIVING THE 5 PERCENT PAY INCREASE AS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast