Who I want for sheriff in 2008 and why - Page 44
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Morgan for sheriff because he has courage and who else does?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Howabout Spiderman....both are FICTICIONAL heros!

Re: More Undisputed Facts

http://www.votedavidmorgan.com/contents/CPC.html
    Not sure if you are dealing with correct numbers. Did you:

Factor in the Mobile PD into the cost per citizen for Mobile.
    Factor in the Pensacola PD into the cost per citizen for Escambia.
    Factor in Milton & GB into the cost per citizen in Santa Rosa.

David Craig,

You are using numbers that can NOT be accurately compared to each other. To report the Total Cost of Law Enforcement for each County you need to include the budgets for the Police Departments in the counties as well. In other words, you are using the entire county population but not the entire Law Enforcement costs for the county.[Note1] Thus, your cost per citizen comparison is severely flawed.

For example, this inaccurate comparison is very evident in Mobile County, where you have 10 Police Departments (not including the Airport Police). Just the Mobile PD adds another 514 sworn and $41 million in budget costs (2006 figures). The Mobile County Sheriff's Office budget may seem lower per citizen but not when you factor in all the PDs. These PDs greatly reduce the Sheriff's operating costs in the respective jurisdictions (with the obvious exceptions of Sheriff specific services such as Court Security, Warrants, Civil Process, etc.).

If you want accurate figures for any given county, you must add the SO budget and all PD budgets and then divide that total by the county population.

MOBILE COUNTY
    Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
    Bayou La Batre Police Department
    Chickasaw Police Department
    Citronelle Police Department
    Creola Police Department
    Dauphin Island Police Department
    Mobile Police Department
    Mount Vernon Police Department
    Prichard Police Department
    Saraland Police Department
    Satsuma Police Department

ESCAMBIA COUNTY
    Escambia County Sheriff’s Office
    Pensacola Police Department

SANTA ROSA COUNTY
    Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office
    Gulf Breeze Police Department
    Milton Police Department

While I am not accusing you of purposely misleading people I do find that many of your statistical and analytical comparisons are just as flawed as this one.

[Note1] You cannot factor out the populations in the PD jurisdictions since the Sheriff does provide some level of service (as mentioned above) to all citizens in a county and that can't really be quantified thus you must factor in the PD costs.

Howabout Spiderman....both are FICTICIONAL heros!
    thats awesome!! thanks for making me laugh this morning!!! :lol:

Let me start by posting this disclaimer:
    I am not anti-Air Force, or any other branch of the military. I respect and appreciate any person who gives their service for the benefit of our Country. That said;

I have been an FTO for many years, with more than one agency. In all my time training new officers, I found some the most difficult cases were prior Air Force, and to be specific; those who spent most their time in administrative positions. These people have by no means been stupid, and most have gone on to be highly effective and productive officers. In my experience, those individuals seemed to have a more difficult time dealing with dynamic situations, and making decisive decisions without guidance. It seemed to me they were waiting for "A" and "B" to happen, before they could go on to "C". I post this not to insult any officer, but to offer a possible explanation to Morgan's way of thinking. He is used to following a strict manual, telling him exactly what to do, and the precise order to do it. Off base law enforcement requires a person to adapt to ever changing conditions. The public we deal with is not the same disciplined individuals found on a military establishment. The County leaders, and holders of the purse strings, are not guided by a set of military principles. Morgan may be a good guy, with all the best intentions, but he is out of his element and it shows every time he speaks.

Very well said.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344