LPD History- A Culture of Favoritism - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sheriff judd had is a joke and lots of blood on his hands

Quote Originally Posted by elsewhere
    If you think all departments don't have their cliques you are fooling yourself. Some of you started your law enforcement career with LPD and have not seen other departments in operation such as PCSO. The only difference is the Sheriff doesn't hide and do it. What he says goes and if you don't like it tuff, and he will tell you so, but happens just the same. Is it right...NO...but thats the fact.

Re: sheriff judd

judd is a joke -- he has more blood on his hands than any of the others.
    maby some day someone will get the gut to write a tell all book, yes 60 min will be down doing the story.

I think Elsewhere is correct.

My smaller agency is the same way. The most important thing here is to be a city native. If you are then you are part of the family. There are a few exceptions that are adopted into the family.

Problem is that when a new chief came in 10 years ago he fell right into it. All the in place admin guys that were giving him advice were part of the family and they took care of their own.

If you are not a native and not in the family and you are doing a great job the family will say negative things about you and run you down. So no matter how good a job you do it does not reflect positively upon you. If you are a family member and screw up it is not mentioned or turned around. As the years go by and you see POSs get the high paying jobs, promotions, cushy assignments, your production gets less and less, THEN the natives point out how you don't do anything. It's tough to keep going.

We have a temporary chief in right now and he is doing a great job and we are a meritocracy.

My point is that even if LPD was to get a new chief things very possibly might not change at all. If your admin guys are still LPD family then that chief will hear info from those guys that they want him to hear and make his decisions based on that info.

I think it is just an aspect of any organization that is run by human beings. If you plan on being a career police officer and you want to make your pension and you are not in the family clique you might as well get used to it. Otherwise you will be stressed out and unhappy your entire careeer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12