NO TO BSO! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NO TO BSO!

why is this still being discussed? we are not going to bso now or anytime soon if ever. please, i know you deputies that log on here are trying to stir the pot but go back to your own forum and fight with your own people.

Quote Originally Posted by soflaleo
    The grass isnt always greener with bso just your pants are...

besides look at miami dade county PD...... alot of the cities are being incorporated and booting the county pd and starting their own
    such as miami gardens, doral, miami lakes
    Get your facts straight. These cities never had their own PD and then went to the county, and then back to their own PD. They incorporated and created their own PD. There are Federal Grants for this. Cities that have their own PD and went to the Sheriff, only one in history has gone back and that was because the Sheriff gave them the money to re-form their PD. That's what you get when you have an appointed director who caters to the corrupt city and county leaders. There is way too much corruption in South Florida, and don't give me that BSO is the only one, because Hollywood seems to be right up there. Whether or not you think BSO is good or bad, a metro police force would be a lot better than the way it is now. If you have a Sheriff who was a police officer, like Palm Beach, you have a good Sheriff. And if you think for one second that these crappy city police departments are going to help quail the violence in Miami, think again. Why do you think there is so much violence in Miami-Dade? A lot of the cities that formed their own PD have seen an increase in crime in the Miami area. As for cities last year still using Miami-Dade PD, they saw a decrease in crime.
    http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/20 ... annual.pdf
    Also, FYI Miami Lakes isn?t forming their own PD, and has no plans of doing so. Let?s get down to the real reason why these cities are forming their own PD: Politics, and race issues. Miami Gardens wants to control the police and hire based on what they want. Just look at the recruiting photo. Miami Gardens will not be able to hang on. They are going to recruit and then when they have you locked in, you?ll realize there is no tax base. All they want is control over the police, and the worst thing to happen is allowing the city to control the police. With most Sheriff?s like Palm Beach, Martin, Jacksonville and the new Broward Sheriff, they answer to the Gov, not the county.

Majority of larger cities with their own PD in Florida have shown the largest increases in crimes this year, the worst being Orlando. So if you really think cities do a good job, think again. So far this year, Davie has seen a 30% increase in crime. So apparently things aren?t being done right there either. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/20 ... al_Off.pdf

Crime is up and the only way we are going to address it is one county police force with an abundance of resources. Look at these boards; LEO's don't along at all. This makes me sick to see this going on. You can attempt to argue and say one police force isn't the way, however there is too much evidence to prove otherwise. Cities and counties throughout this nation are going that route. I know all you care about is yourself, but it's time to think about why we became LEO's. The way it is now isn't working, no cooperation, no respect for one another, too much bashing, and too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I have an utmost respect for all LEOs, city, county, state, Federal, so please don't think I'm attacking the city. I've been all over this nation and seen county police departments that are run like police forces where all the cops came together and combined all agencies. This helped them with their contract negotiations, crime, getting toys, and so one. But like most cops down here, they are in it for themselves. Good luck and stay safe.

[quote=Anonymous]
    Quote Originally Posted by Current and Proud BSO
    Quote Originally Posted by "Barny Miller":1yiao2s2
    For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

Here?s just another example of the catastrophe, which has become the legacy of BSO:

?16 Echo2: I?m 97 on the crash. I need rescue code three! Dispatch: 10-4 rescue is en-route. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: Rescue is 48 and already en-route code three. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: (Alert tone), Echo2, look behind you? rescue is already 97!

We'll stay Davie Blue. You guys keep ignoring your radio and getting alert-toned, which gives the Davie guys a headache by the way.

Above all else, everyone stay safe and go home to your families. No matter where you work, we will always come together to back each other up in times of need (as the way it?s always been).

God bless.
    Here's an idea. If you dislike BSO so much and think our dispatching is bad, then feel free to get your own radio dispatch and break away from us, CITY KITTY!!!!!!. To compare D-16 with the rest of BSO is a joke. Oh yeah, you can't get your own dispatch because you work for a piss ant small PD that has no money. One more thing, BE SAFE!! Don't get run over by a horse. :-)
    Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Your "agency" has been the laughing stock of S. Fla for the past 5 years. So cut the crap. Be Safe!! And don't get run over by a corrupt detective or sheriff.[/quote:1yiao2s2]

I vote yes on the contract and YES leys go BSO give me my grn/wht

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Please, let's not get into this big BSO sucks our city is better stuff. We need to start unifying rather then dividing.

The dispatchers on our channel are pretty bad.
    PS. DAVIE SWAT RULES.
    Rules What ?

[quote=Davie OFC]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Barny Miller":45bo78o7
    For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

Here?s just another example of the catastrophe, which has become the legacy of BSO:

?16 Echo2: I?m 97 on the crash. I need rescue code three! Dispatch: 10-4 rescue is en-route. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: Rescue is 48 and already en-route code three. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: (Alert tone), Echo2, look behind you? rescue is already 97!

We'll stay Davie Blue. You guys keep ignoring your radio and getting alert-toned, which gives the Davie guys a headache by the way.

Above all else, everyone stay safe and go home to your families. No matter where you work, we will always come together to back each other up in times of need (as the way it?s always been).

God bless.
    As a Davie OFC. is upsets me to read the above post by someone posing as a Davie Ofc. Yes, our surrounding agencies have their tard moments and so do we. Look at our LT on midnights. Look at our toupe?d friend on dayshift, and don't forget our driving with the windows down comb over veteran.

BSO has come through on more then one occassion when we needed them. I can attest to that.

To any BSO deps reading this. We do not think like this person. WE are all we have out here and I want to keep it that way.
    [/quote:45bo78o7]I work in Weston on midnights. You Davie guys bust your A S S from start to finish. This site is all nonsense!! Some times I'm ashamed even to say hello to you guys. There is so much garbage working in BSO the Broward County Landfill couldn't house us. Stay safe and I always have your back.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345