Quote Originally Posted by workaholic
Wow I guess I'm just selfish!! Too bad, I don't give a darn what you think about me personally. I have only two issues to clarify and hope you would understand. 1 - If you are out for an extended amount of time you will probably qualify for long-term disability insurance benefits. You can also recover monies through AFLAC. 2 - I had in the past donated time to two seperate officers (one who had cancer; the other gave birth) and both officers resigned from the department and "cashed out" their respective sick time money before it was used. Time that was donated by many other officers. Do you think that is really fair? To put extra money in someone elses pocket? I DON"T THINK SO!!! Hope you all see my point - I won't get screwed again.
No you're not selfish and sometimes things are not fair, but when you did donate some time you got burned, However YOU did the the right thing and I admire you for doing that. The long term disability will not happen because it's not job related. We do have a caring dept. The other Chief did take care of us. I know of a few officers that had no sick time and the Chief told them not to worry just to get well, Floyd did a good job and he did care I think we all agree to that and Charlie is the same he cares about us, I remember Floyd told us Charlie would take of our needs and I believe that. You did the right thing and I commend you for that, but don't let that incident affect your feelings toward anyone else. We will always be a team.